Homebrew ZXTune (chiptunes player) for PSP ?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are there any knowledgeable users interested in porting this open-source chiptunes player to PSP ?
It has already been ported to virtually all platforms and reads almost all bgms of old 8/16/32 bit games (in the due format easily downloadable from zophar(dot)net/music ).
Alternatively, could anyone tell me if there is any other chiptunes player already available for PSP?
Thank you. :)

son_of_dahepo

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Ho boy, there's about a billion of them. Modplay, Sidplay, Modo, Gamemusic Gear, Mdx player (two of them), FuturePlayer, MilkyPlayer. There's even a Retroarch PSP core for that. Some PSP apps also play chiptune, just because - MoonShell PSP is an example.

If you're interested in a specific format I can be more precise.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your response and welcome to this crazy and captivating world of gamers from all over the world. 😉
Ho boy, there's about a billion of them...
I actually didn't know there were so many chiptune players.
If you're interested in a specific format I can be more precise.
I'd be interested in one who plays at least SNES, MD, PSX bgms.

son_of_dahepo

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
SexyPSF for PSX. Gamemusic Gear and Gamemusic Emu can play the other two for sure, probably lots of other apps too but these are the first that come to mind.

Again, many PSP scene devs loved the stuff so lots of apps (filebrowsers, media players etc( have playing chiptune as an additional feature. There was even a PC98 player at one point called PMD Player for PSP, but I lost any trace of that one.

Reactions: r1vver and Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I will try Game Music Emu, which seems the most complete; also because other music players you mentioned I can't find where to download. Thanks again, also for this unexpected bump: this was the only thread of mine without even a reply. 😞 ....... 😋

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...