OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...submit=Convert&

The US Dollar is in a nosedive and this may signal a rush to the exits for the greenback. I guess now that we can't sell houses to each other anymore, we have to looks for real work
frown.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

marcel1281

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
in the medium run, it will probably be pretty bad. but, long-term, once the US market crashes and the world realizes that Canada still has tons of oil and lumber, and we get some Asian markets to buy into the country, everything will be right as rain!

...unless the US happens to "find" some WMD's in the oilsands....

we all know how that would turn out
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The pound is not doing bad either, glad I am travelling to the US (although I kind of wish I had gone and paid for my flights in USD).

Might even consider changing a chunk of cash for when it becomes a bit more sensible.

Edit. Conversion website:
http://fxtop.com/en/

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
in the medium run, it will probably be pretty bad. but, long-term, once the US market crashes and the world realizes that Canada still has tons of oil and lumber, and we get some Asian markets to buy into the country, everything will be right as rain!

...unless the US happens to "find" some WMD's in the oilsands....

we all know how that would turn out
tongue.gif

Good points. And there's any number of possibilities that we could speculate on. IMO the most probable possibilities:

A US economic crash will greatly affect every developed nation due to the amount of leverage built into global transactions. Look at how Asian and European overnight indices have followed the US markets recently. The ups and downs are almost lockstep. This is no accident.

The powers that be will push harder for a North American Union including Canada, USA & Mexico, eventually with a single currency and larger sucker... Uh I mean tax base.

When your average American can't get his cheap Wal-Mart goods and our imported underclass don't get their entitlement checks, there's going to be an awful lot of tension.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The pound is not doing bad either, glad I am travelling to the US (although I kind of wish I had gone and paid for my flights in USD).

You are an American, aren't you?
"doing bad" and the quintessential and absolutely useless american "gone and" give you away.

Edit: Our dollar's doing well against the United States Sheqel as well: 1AUD=0.86 USS.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*points to the flag. While I am the offspring of various US types I grew up in Europe so I invite you to do whatever.
I am not quite sure what point you are attempting to get across though. I am happy as it means spending money for my holiday is not going to be horrendous as it has been.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi: