Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HAHAHA!

Canada pwns.

Rather you win by default because we started sucking. And let us know if you want your Quebec and Winnipeg hockey franchises back
tongue.gif

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
The Euro is currently 1Eur=1.4$US, which is great if you wanna go to the States and spend like crazy, but it won't do much good for European exports...
Perhaps it's time for a trip to the "old" US of A...

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pound is not doing bad either, glad I am travelling to the US (although I kind of wish I had gone and paid for my flights in USD).

You are an American, aren't you?
"doing bad" and the quintessential and absolutely useless american "gone and" give you away.

Edit: Our dollar's doing well against the United States Sheqel as well: 1AUD=0.86 USS.

And exactly why do you feel like being such a jackass? It's called colloquialism. No one needs to speak in "perfect" english on a GBA/DS homebrew forum, get off his back. It bothers me seeing people like you being assholes.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arrgh, this thread is going to turn into a flame war.

Even though I'm Nigerian-Jamaican, I don't see why Canadians are rejoicing. The U.S. still owns your country in pretty much every way
biggrin.gif

Like, what does that have to do with the topic? This isn't an American only board, you're going to piss people off by saying that. Just because you live in America doesn't make it the world's greatest country. Ask any Non-American.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people here are realizing the ramifcations of the $ drop on their vacation/holiday and purchasing power. That's great. It's important to understand that this is all happening because of inflation.

To put inflation in gaming terms, imagine that you had a Miyamoto-autographed copy of Zelda:LTTP. Cool, right?

Then imagine that for their own reasons, bankers/governments started dropping autographed LTTP cartridges from helicopters until everyone had one. What does that do to the external value of yours? It makes it worth approximately dick.

That happens with all paper currencies (with an asterisk). And unless your paycheck goes up inversely to the drop in value, which isn't happening, then your getting screwed. It so happens that the creation of money and credit (inflation/liquidity) is running overtime now to keep the stupid economic mistakes of our parents from completely falling apart and leaving us in a world of shit.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As of right now everything in Canada is overpriced but prices will never change to reflect their true value. One main reason, our dollar right now isn't stable. How long will this last? A few days, a week at most.

Many things are overpriced right now. Me and a friend were on the phone and discussed the price differences when compared to the greenback.

iPod classic 80/160GB - $30/$50 more
Ninty DS Lite - $20 more
Sony PS3 80GB - $60 more
Luxury Vehicles - $10 000-$30 000 more

It varies with the product but you can really see how much more we are paying at the moment. For little thing, we pay a little more but for big things, we pay a lot more.

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Rather you win by default because we started sucking. And let us know if you want your Quebec and Winnipeg hockey franchises back

Nah you can keep Quebec.......you can take the province too
nyanya.gif

Anyway IMHO I think the Canadians should resist the urge to buy across the border mainly because if we flood the border and buy buy buy we are only going to raise the US economy and plummet our dollar again.

Since our dollar is at an all time high we should start considering investing in our refining capabilities and stop being dependent on the US for this, Like it was said here before we are an oil rich country but our refining capabilities are not as strong as the Americans when we tap into our own resources then we will be on the road to economic independence
wink.gif

Taras

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyway IMHO I think the Canadians should resist the urge to buy across the border mainly because if we flood the border and buy buy buy we are only going to raise the US economy and plummet our dollar again.

I don't think you need to worry about that. These aren't US-manufactured items we're talking about. And nothing short of a miracle will raise the US economy since we've offshored jobs, mass-imported unskilled laborers and employed more people in government than manufacturing. The only thing that kept us going for the last four years was housing (sales, construction, lending) and that has gone tits-up.

we will be on the road to economic independence
wink.gif

Good luck with that, Maynard.

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NOOOO!!!!

I remember the good 'ol days when $1 USD = $.65 CAD

Our economy is still going strong though. There is just quite a bit of inflation. And trust me, I have taken a college course in macro economics. When the economy booms, inflation rises. That is how it works.

Taras

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When the economy booms, inflation rises.  That is how it works.

And please consult your textbook for the definition of Stagflation and let us know. Thanks.

Edit: Oh, and would you also be implying that the other very real phenomenon of hyperinflation = hyper economic growth?because that would be bullshit. But this is all indicitive of the bunk they teach these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1