Hacking 100% Offline Switch playing backups - Are we there yet?

tutchmedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been asked, i have searched and can't find this being answered.

Are we at a stage yet where we can play 100% offline/Airplane mode on SX Pro/OS? I understand we can activate SX OS externally bypassing connecting but what about playing games and getting their updates through a PC?

I understand that to proceed, you have to understand you *could* be banned but for those who want to remain under the radar for as long as possible, we may never want to connect to the web. I was just wondering if people think we're there yet?

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
theoretically you wouldnt get banned if the switch has never been connected and the logs were cleared then system initialized with hekate before ever going online.
It's been said clearing logs will flag you so nothing is safe.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been said clearing logs will flag you so nothing is safe.

you get flagged because the logs disappear, however if the logs were never sent (being completely offline) then it would appear as a brand new switch once u did go online. thats why i said theoretically.

Reactions: SodaSoba

ItsMetaKnight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you get flagged because the logs disappear, however if the logs were never sent (being completely offline) then it would appear as a brand new switch once u did go online. thats why i said theoretically.
What if even brand new switches have something hidden in the log from the factory? Not sure if that's the case though.

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess that would be correct but we don't fully understand what's there if it shows usage etc... I guess time will tell

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
theoretically you wouldnt get banned if the switch has never been connected and the logs were cleared then system initialized with hekate before ever going online.
It’s already been confirmed that you get banned anyway.

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
Just stay offline completely until we understand more of what big N is up to, that's the only sure way to stay safe (self ban).

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to update titles without mounting it and booting into OFW to run the update? Like an offline patch tool?
Not yet :( but with all the nsp stuff going on it's only a matter of time, I hope this happens.

Apparently Wolfenstein patching does not work... There are other dlc that half does and doesn't

It's just a waiting game while things get figured out at the moment. I hope update patching happens though.

Reactions: tutchmedia

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to update titles without mounting it and booting into OFW to run the update? Like an offline patch tool?
There is a way of installing updates in the form of .nsp files (there is also a way to convert files to .nsp format to if you search around here) using devmenu and Pokemon Quest, but it's still early days and the ban risks later on for using this are going to be high, very high :-)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-install-nsp-dlc-update.510188/#post-8118420

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh... You highlight the game on your main menu, push the + button, and update the game like any other digital or cartridge game.

Reactions: OblivionReign

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Not yet :( but with all the nsp stuff going on it's only a matter of time, I hope this happens.

Apparently Wolfenstein patching does not work... There are other dlc that half does and doesn't

It's just a waiting game while things get figured out at the moment. I hope update patching happens though.
I'm really pissed the entire game isn't on the cartridge... it left me thinking I took a wrong path somewhere, only to find out that I'm barely over half-way through the game, and it wants me to download the second half as an "update"? This kind of fuckery on the Switch needs to stop .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0