$1000 Dolphin UWP Bounty

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanPrice and Alouisious certainly invested a decent amount.

Hope y'all get it. The GCN/Wii emulator on Xbox Series? That'd be pretty awesome.

Reactions: ReveriePass

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanPrice and Alouisious certainly invested a decent amount.

Hope y'all get it. The GCN/Wii emulator on Xbox Series? That'd be pretty awesome.
you can use the dolphin core of retroarch for that. I've only tested a couple of games. it runs well, but it does have some issues, like windwaker's audio sometimes skipping. sunshine seems to play fine, at least what I played, which wasn't much.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all! Posting my Dolphin UWP bounty for some fresh eyes on it. We just hit $1000 yesterday and it will only go up!
Feel free to DM if you're interested in tackling the bounty!

https://app.bountysource.com/issues/113011679-bounty-port-dolphin-to-the-universal-windows-platform

Not trying to piss in your Cheerios or anything, but just a heads up that UWP is effectively a dead API at this point. Y'all should be using Gamecore (GDK) instead. Will run on console and PC.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the dolphin core of retroarch for that. I've only tested a couple of games. it runs well, but it does have some issues, like windwaker's audio sometimes skipping. sunshine seems to play fine, at least what I played, which wasn't much.
Sounds interesting.

Mario Sunshine on Xbox? A console that has a controller with analog triggers so it should offer a more genuine experience than the Switch (digital triggers).

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds interesting.

Mario Sunshine on Xbox? A console that has a controller with analog triggers so it should offer a more genuine experience than the Switch (digital triggers).
the emulators on the series x are pretty good. I heard from dominator that technically ps3 emulation should be possibly, just no one has attempted it.

• Love
Reactions: KiiWii and Marc_LFD

ReveriePass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to piss in your Cheerios or anything, but just a heads up that UWP is effectively a dead API at this point. Y'all should be using Gamecore (GDK) instead. Will run on console and PC.
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately it looks like GDK apps still can’t be uploaded to the store for downloading via retail mode. Every current emulation project on the Xbox ATM runs on UWP, as well
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately the Dolphin core is very bad and outdated. Using Dolphin on retroarch would be a valid option if it were maintained, though. Hopefully that happens.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here