Homebrew (11.0)Will we ever be able to Downgrade (Without hard mod or 2nd 3ds) and install legit cias

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why they haven't done it yet, they seem to have given up on it.

They will patch it if it becomes easily accesible. So far the requirements are some what complex and the average joe will just buy the games.

And from a marketing POV, this kind of stuff is useful at the EOL of a console. It helps to clear the stock for their new product. Look at the Wii U.

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
They will patch it if it becomes easily accesible. So far the requirements are some what complex and the average joe will just buy the games.

And from a marketing POV, this kind of stuff is useful at the EOL of a console. It helps to clear the stock for their new product. Look at the Wii U.

I feel like this is the reason why they didn't patch Fieldrunners/Legends of whatever - it's not as easy as slamming a cartridge into the slot and then downgrading it.

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is the reason why they didn't patch Fieldrunners/Legends of whatever - it's not as easy as slamming a cartridge into the slot and then downgrading it.
So basically the only way to do a downgrade a 11.0 version 3ds is to have another modded 3DS and purchase field runners through the eShop or hard mod?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now do you know if the field runners method eliminates game saves, nintendo account or purchases through eshop on the already modded 3DS? Also has anyone confirmed any updates/patches that nintendo has done to interfere with doing this hack. thanks.

1) Game saves can be backed up with browserhax + the 3dsx version of JK's Save Manager. Just finish with your application of cfw, and get the cias of your games, and put them back onto the cias.
2) The NNID (nintendo account) on the already modded CFW is transferred to the stock 3DS. This means all games and everything else is linked to it. I've been using a burner NNID on my fresh/modded 3DS so that I don't waste time transferring everything over.
3) I did a system transfer DSiWare hack a couple of days ago with my modded Majora's Mask n3DS. No updates/no blocks on it. I plan on modding another n3DS this week.

Protip: Remember to swap the SD cards when you are told to. The system transfer takes the DSiWare on your modded 3DS and transfers it onto your SD card. The other system will take your SD card and transfer the DSiWare from the card.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we ever be able to Downgrade (Without hard mod or 2nd 3ds) and install legit cia's?
crystalball.jpg

rxh8qh.jpg

Lerhein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the offtopic , but im not sure if i Have installed the twl_firm and agb patch and I want to know before attempting to downgrade.. what should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1