Hacking 1GB PNY SD and M3 SD...

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll start off first by saying that my search turned up an alright topic but not definitive on if the card functions perfect in the M3 or not. Or at least I feel that way. Also the M3 Wiki is severely out of date on this size card.

Anyways, on to the main topic here. How well does this SD card function in the M3 with current firmwares (within the past 3 versions)? Doesn't have to be perfect or handle FMV playback perfectly.

Reason?

Best Buy has 2 1GB PNY cards for $40 CAN. Not a rare deal and perhaps is even the standard price right now for this removable media for all I know. Regardless I'd like to pick a pair up tomorrow. Please do not try to persuade me into buying a different product. I will either purchase this or I won't.

Also, if you happen to know how the product preforms in various flash hardware other than the M3, do not hesitate to post your opinion on it. If I purchase another cart later, Ewin 2 sd looks sexy with it's price, I like to know how it functions with what I currently have. But know that I am looking for current, up to date, info.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use a 512 MB and 1 GB PNY SD card for my M3 and it works fine (haven't tried it on FMVs though like the Castlevania one though)

EDIT: Plus PNY products come with a full lifetime warrenty. $40 USD is the standard for that card but we (Staples) just done with a sale ($10 instant rebate and $10 mail in rebate) so you could get one for $20 USD. Not sure what that translates to in Canadian money but if I'm thinking right, what you got there should be even cheaper.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Appreciate the information, I suppose I will go ahead and pick them up tomorrow if I have time. Midterm exams, ain't they a bitch?

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$40 USD ~ $45 CAD

www.xe.com - international currency converter, for future referrence.

$40 CAD is a good deal for ONE card, so you're getting an excellent deal buying TWO cards for that price! I wouldn't call $40 USD the standard price for one card, but it's close. I'd say it's around $50-55, looking at prices from CC, RS, and WM.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i as well use a 1 GB sd card for my SuperCard. No problems
smile.gif
Play videos with moonshell, and no problems
smile.gif
(im a cheapass, so i shopped for one by price)

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That one is for today only, normal sale price is $39.99. I'll see if I can get there now though!

UPDATE:

Ordered myself the pair for free in-store pickup. :D

Even if these are not good (there is another model of the 1GB PNY SD card), the price is still great and I can always use the SD cards with other equipment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: