At this point update 4.05 because now they got games on later firmware to run

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point update 4.05 because now they got games on later firmware to run
Even though that's true in theory I'm not sure it's actually happened yet. The only game so far is HZD, and it's possible that was just an early version with lower requirements. Every other game was proven to not need more than 4.05.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm pretty sure that nothing's gonna come out for 3.55. I would just go ahead and update to 4.05.

Every other game was proven to not need more than 4.05.
Actually, there are quite a lot of games that need more than 4.05. 4.05 came out in October 2016, so basically any game released at the end of 2016, through 2017 (and obviously 2018) won't work, unless the version patching method is really a thing (similar to how PS3 games were patched in the olden days). I'm still not sure if the method is real or not, though it probably is... Read Wololo's blog for more info (i.e. google "PS4: The mysteries surrounding the Horizon Zero Dawn 4.05 warez release").

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure that nothing's gonna come out for 3.55. I would just go ahead and update to 4.05.

Actually, there are quite a lot of games that need more than 4.05. 4.05 came out in October 2016, so basically any game released at the end of 2016, through 2017 (and obviously 2018) won't work, unless the version patching method is really a thing (similar to how PS3 games were patched in the olden days). I'm still not sure if the method is real or not, though it probably is... Read Wololo's blog for more info (i.e. google "PS4: The mysteries surrounding the Horizon Zero Dawn 4.05 warez release").

Lol "the olden days"

Yeah been waiting to see if Nioh, Nier or Persona 5 pop up: apparently they are also 4.07 games...

OP: update from 3.xx to 4.05 and enjoy, I did :)

Last edited by KiiWii,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The blog doesn't really give any information other than speculating someone might have a private exploit. I've read the complete opposite from the person who was distributing the updated languages that the Russian guy said he didn't have any exploit and was indeed dumping on 4.05.

About the release dates, you have to remember that disc based games get developed and "go gold" to be printed way before actual release. It's simply not possible to update firmware requirements on the fly. There will be games released months after 4.07 that still require only 4.05. That is probably one of the reasons they want to push this digital-only format.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The blog doesn't really give any information other than speculating someone might have a private exploit. I've read the complete opposite from the person who was distributing the updated languages that the Russian guy said he didn't have any exploit and was indeed dumping on 4.05.

Then there has to be a simple way to spoof FW on the console; but that doesnt explain why they would patch the game and not release the spoof method for the console, unless its debug?

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wasn't there a spoof for FW 1.76? At least I recall reading about it but don't know if permitted to load executables with higher firmware requirements. And yeah, I've the same opinion that HZD was dumped on a 4.05, but it's strange it was the only one dumped...

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't there a spoof for FW 1.76? At least I recall reading about it but don't know if permitted to load executables with higher firmware requirements. And yeah, I've the same opinion that HZD was dumped on a 4.05, but it's strange it was the only one dumped...

Oh yeah! I wasn't active with the 1.76 shiz, but I believe it was @zecoxao :)

Edit:

https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-...poof-fail0verflow-ps4-kexec-git-updates.1354/

As long as 4.07 pkg keys are same as 4.05....

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, forgot the Saturn had cartridge compatibility
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The Saturn had ROM or RAM carts. Action Replay took advantage of this to play burned games.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ramming your rom
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Deeze nuts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also if my older brother does a clean Windows install I will ask him to do that dual boot thing to have Linux aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    On my pc
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Clickbait
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If it wasnt obvious enough lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you did click it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, there was no way of knowing if it was gonna be clickbait or not until clicking it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess it's just a click then
    +2
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    Hi i was wondering where i can download a fresh istall for the mii maker on wii u (EU). The consol is not modded jet but the mii maker is corupted
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    D @ dadadad: Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like...