Gaming 3D Cross-eye Pics

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Inunah said:
I have a lazy eye, which prevents me from crossing my eyes to see these pictures in 3D, and the moving pics hurt my eyes. I also don't have 3D glasses.

Is there any other way I could see these in 3D?
Hey if you got a lazy eye, then play a gameboy or DS or anything, and cover your Not Lazy eye, and let your Lazy eye Play the game

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the double image cross eye ones are pretty cool. THe shaky ones give me a headache and make me feel like i'm having a seizure.
To view the pics, just put your face kinda close to the screen and cross your eyes so that you see 4 images instead of two. Then you have to adjust your focus so that the 2 middle images come together to form one image and the middle image is the 3d one.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XXLANCEXX said:
heres Zelda OOT3D

Mario Kart 3D

SSFIV 3D
I don't get it, these ones aren't 3d. They just seem to be the same image side by side.

I don't think people seem to understand that unless you've got some very good understanding of how 3d works and are good at photooshop then you can't make 3 images out of a single image.
What you need is 2 separate images that have been taken at a set distance apart both angled towards the subject, instead of both directly forward.
The best example of that in this thread is alphajaehoon who used two frames from the camera panning around the dragon, where as if the camera were panning accross the screen it wouldn't work. (so well done alphajaehoon)

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
ChrisRX said:
I don't get it, these ones aren't 3d. They just seem to be the same image side by side.
It's evident that the two images have slightly differing angles/positions. Just look around the edges of the kart and palm trees on the Mario Kart one.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it's not great 3D but it is there, you can see the top image is completely flat while the tree's 'pop out' a bit in the bottom, and you can notice the hill in the distance is actually behind the closest hill instead of them both looking the same distance apart.

mk3ds.jpg

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my quick and dirty 3D-processing of the Mario Kart image:
mariokartdisplace.jpg

I painted a greyscale depth map in gimp and then used the Render>Displace filter to generate the second image.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice effort, the kart looks really 3D but if you focus on the kart then the background is so out of focus, and if you focus on the background the kart looks ridiculously blurry. I know you're meant to get that but it's a little too much.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
Nice effort, the kart looks really 3D but if you focus on the kart then the background is so out of focus, and if you focus on the background the kart looks ridiculously blurry. I know you're meant to get that but it's a little too much.
All looks crystal clear to me...
Do you mean blurry or just double image?
In real life if you look at something far away then the things close to you will go out of focus (blurry), and split into double image, and the same with distant things if you look at something close.
With a 3D image like this though, everything should stay sharply focused (not blurry), but things at the extremes of depth will still split into double image when you're not looking at them.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
spiritofcat said:
MADKATZ99 said:
All looks crystal clear to me...
Do you mean blurry or just double image?
In real life if you look at something far away then the things close to you will go out of focus (blurry), and split into double image, and the same with distant things if you look at something close.
With a 3D image like this though, everything should stay sharply focused (not blurry), but things at the extremes of depth will still split into double image when you're not looking at them.
I think I must mean double image, when I look at Lance's one it just looks a bit more realistic. When I focus on mario's hat in your picture I still get a double image.

Actually, I looked at the screen from further away and it made mario and his kart look like it was further away than the background lol. It's still way better than anything I could do though.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
dolphin0150.jpg

dolphin0250.jpg

Lookyyy
biggrin.gif
I made 2 more screenies, this time as u Can see from Mario Kart wiii
yaywii.gif
(sorry about the weird transparent box on the bottom right, and if u cannot see it, even better huah!!
biggrin.gif
.......though I think u will
unsure.gif
......hmm, whatever
yaywii.gif
)

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingVamp said:
The second one in he spoiler in the spoiler is the best in term of 3D and the first is second best
tongue.gif

Yeah indeed xD You should see he first one in full screen, it almost feels like as if you are getting pulled into the long tube lol, its really awsome!!
laugh.gif

Oh and with the second in the spoiler in the spoiler in full screen looks like you are getting poked in the eye if you put the 3d to max
rofl.gif
(this screenie isn't on max)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
The second one in he spoiler in the spoiler is the best in term of 3D and the first is second best
tongue.gif

Yeah indeed xD You should see he first one in full screen, it almost feels like as if you are getting pulled into the long tube lol, its really awsome!!
laugh.gif

Oh and with the second in the spoiler in the spoiler in full screen looks like you are getting poked in the eye if you put the 3d to max
rofl.gif
Can you post how these will look like in a spoiler in a spoiler
laugh.gif
ok done with that
tongue.gif

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingVamp said:
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
ok done with that
tongue.gif

What exactly do you mean with ''how they work''? you mean how you see them in 3d when you cross eyes? or how you get it to work like I have?
lecture.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
ok done with that
tongue.gif

What exactly do you mean with ''how they work''? you mean how you see them in 3d when you cross eyes? or how you get it to work like I have?
lecture.gif
3d to max and full screen thing...

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
KingVamp said:
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
alphajaehoon said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
ok done with that
tongue.gif

lecture.gif
3d to max and full screen thing...

Oh yeah >.< Stupid me for misunderstanding
biggrin.gif

Anyhoo here they are:
dolphin0250.jpg

dolphin05502.jpg

(to use them you need to save and rename them from *.jpg to *.jps, and must use a 3d monitor with an Nvidia graphics card n stuff)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...