Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app 3DLaunch: System App Launcher

TheVenus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!!!!!
For now this supports only EUR 3DS's.
It is better to update to the latest firmware
before using this app.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And yes guys, I present you guys my first homebrew app ever made...

3DLaunch!
A modified version of the "app_launch" example from devKitPro.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:
This app launches a system app if you press a button. Pretty useful if you can't access the apps
listed below from the HOME menu.
For now the supported apps are:
Nintendo 3DS Camera (Press A)
Nintendo 3DS Download Play (Press B)
Nintendo 3DS Settings (Press Y)
Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker (Press X)

And of course, start to exit.
This homebrew app is CIA only.

Attachments

• 3DLaunch.7z
    400.4 KB · Views: 50

Smev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great! Although if possible could you make us able to put a CIA in a folder and then have that CIA Show up in the menu for example instead of making a folder you can have this be like a hub for all your homebrew apps or anything else.
Then if you could please tell be wether or not you would be able to do this that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT
------------
and if you have one could you link a GitHub repository if not that's fine.

Last edited by Smev,

TheVenus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is great! Although if possible could you make us able to put a CIA in a folder and then have that CIA Show up in the menu for example instead of making a folder you can have this be like a hub for all your homebrew apps or anything else.
Then if you could please tell be wether or not you would be able to do this that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT
------------
and if you have one could you link a GitHub repository if not that's fine.
Unfortunately, I can only do HOME menu apps.

lucasfergui

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!!!!!
For now this supports only EUR 3DS's.
It is better to update to the latest firmware
before using this app.

And yes guys, I present you guys my first homebrew app ever made...

3DLaunch!
A modified version of the "app_launch" example from devKitPro.
Description:
This app launches a system app if you press a button. Pretty useful if you can't access the apps
listed below from the HOME menu.
For now the supported apps are:
Nintendo 3DS Camera (Press A)
Nintendo 3DS Download Play (Press B)
Nintendo 3DS Settings (Press Y)
Nintendo 3DS Mii Maker (Press X)

And of course, start to exit.
This homebrew app is CIA only.
This is notwhat i thought it woud be

Trophies
XP
Hi @TheVenus , could I ask you a kindness?
Which numerical code your app gets registered as when installed?
My console has been crashing on boot since I installed it, so I am trying to manually remove it from the system.
Post automatically merged:

My console has been crashing on boot since I installed it, so I am trying to manually remove it from the system.
Failing that, I guess I'll just reset it all with the 3DS hacks guide about CTRTransfer 😅

Last edited by Deleted member 553148,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Capture.PNG

There's the title id for FBI. Don't use ctrtransfer, that's overkill and can lead to more issues.

Failing that, I guess I'll just reset it all with the 3DS hacks guide about CTRTransfer 😅
Here

Trophies
XP
Thanks a lot zoogie.

I could track down the app on the SD card and delete it, but the console still crashes 100% on boot (with or without the SD card)...

I'm not sure what to do at this point 😅 (No I don't have a backup, I got the console already hacked)

Update: I found out what to do. 😄

"Safe Mode, also known as SAFE_FIRM, is a part of the 3DS' stock firmware that allows the device to perform a System Update without loading the HOME Menu or most system functions. To access Safe Mode, hold L + R + (D-Pad Up) + A and then powering on - if successful, the 3DS will show the System Update screen."

Thanks again!!

Last edited by Deleted member 553148,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?