Gaming 3DS 3D Screenshots Wii/GC Games

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say they was the best, there only .3 megapixels.
laugh.gif

Price would only go higher for hi-res cameras.

Alex Atkin UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the LG Optimus 3D was supposed to have a better 3D ability than the 3DS as they worked harder on preventing crosstalk? I certainly hope the sweet spot is not smaller, although the only reason its really a problem on the 3DS is the fact I am gaming and so the more I get into a game the more I accidentally move the console. I doubt its a problem watching video and it certainly isn't looking at photos.

I haven't bothered trying to take 3D photos with my normal camera because mostly its photos of our cats that my mum loves to look at in 3D and they do not keep still long enough to do a manual stereoscopic shot, plus the 3DS is the only viewing device we have so negates the point. Also I am really looking forward to playing with video especially knowing its compatible with a 3DTV.

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
dsfanatic5 said:
KingVamp said:
Alex Atkin UK said:
I plan to get the LG Optimus 3D anyway so its not too much of a big deal, but its a shame that Nintendo seem to feel the 3D support is much better than it really is (like the 3D photos are good enough quality to be called anything more than a gimmick).

That said, I don't suppose you stand a chance in hell of capturing video footage of these games in 3D anyway. :-p

Not that I'm knocking the 3DS, its sufficient for a game machine. It just bugs me that Nintendo themselves are talking about how great 3D photos are because it captures the mood better than 2D, how they could possibly think the blurry crap the 3DS captures can do that is beyond me. If that's really what they wanted the 3DS to be able to do they missed the mark on the cameras big time.
Um... although there limit how you can get them, you can get good pics.

Plus I read the "Sweet Spot" is much smaller on the LG Optimus.

Anyway have you even look at the screenshots in this thread?

They're not screenshots taken by the camera.
I've been making hi-res 3D photos with a regular Sony Cybershot. I just take a pic, move the camera two inches to the right and take a second pic. Then use the free program called stereophotomaker to produce an .mpo file. Using this technique really opens your eyes to how crappy the 3DS cameras are.

Hey Eighteen, thanks again for all your work. I have to say it's become a routine of mine to come home from work, and look forward to checking out the new pics you've uploaded. It's become a defining aspect of my 3DS experience, and is the reason why I've logged so much time in the Camera app. I was wondering if anyone had suggested Chibi Robo for the Gamecube? It's a sleeper hit that many people didn't play, but also one of the more creative and awesome GC games. I think the tiny robot navigating around the dinner table would look awesome in 3D. Thanks again.

People like you, always make me feel warm and fussy inside.
laugh.gif

I have never ever heard of Chibi Robo, but I will give it a look-see !!
yay.gif

Kilano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if i could wish for pics i would want ARC RISE FANTASIA, played the UNDUB Version without the bad english voices....and
what should i say.....my anime-fan-heart was in full bloom.

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kilano said:
if i could wish for pics i would want ARC RISE FANTASIA, played the UNDUB Version without the bad english voices....and
what should i say.....my anime-fan-heart was in full bloom.

OH right
yay.gif

I was about to do that game myself, but a lot of requests are in the way.

btw I had to format my pc >.< so new pics will have to wait a bit
sad.gif

Shuredda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I read that BlazBlue 3DS is using the same graphics as PSP. These screenshots look a lot better than the game will.

Eighteen, did you use different settings for Conduit 2? It's harder to focus on the whole image than the other games.

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shuredda said:
I read that BlazBlue 3DS is using the same graphics as PSP. These screenshots look a lot better than the game will.

Eighteen, did you use different settings for Conduit 2? It's harder to focus on the whole image than the other games.

Well yeah, the crosshair was a bit of a problem since it refused to go 3D.
so what i did was, lower the depth for minimum annoyance of the crosshair,
and push up the convergence so the you get more pop up, for making up the depth that was lost

Alex Atkin UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At a guess I would say dolphin-emu.

On PC you can theoretically convert any 3D rendered game into stereoscopic 3D using special drivers that add a second viewport to the game. For the most part it works, but some games are optimised (presumably clever tricks to improve graphical performance) in ways that break this ability, which is why some games cannot work or come out with no stereoscopic effect.

At least that is how I understand it works.

lutherjw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for doing this! I really love the 3D effect on some of these pictures.

I made an account here just to request some screenshots of Okami. I'm drooling just thinking about that game in 3D!

Eighteen

OP
Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
lutherjw said:
Thanks for doing this! I really love the 3D effect on some of these pictures.

I made an account here just to request some screenshots of either Okami]. I'm drooling just thinking about that game in 3D!

This game has been requested quite a few times now.

I'll say again: Sadly okami doesn't work.
frown.gif

QUOTE(Zorua @ Apr 28 2011, 04:40 PM) I have a question.
How are you playing these games in 3D?
This question has been asked a lot in here
laugh.gif

But Alex is right, so there is your answer!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't think my parents will get me a pi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can get older ones even like the pi 3,4 for cheap, but they don't play gamecube, Wii etc very well. Be warned they use a Linux os, which you need to load onto a micro SD card yourself. You can find pre built images like "retro-pie" online free tho which makes it easy to setup.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i don't have my own money
  • T @ Texasauras:
    mannn thats insane, mario on n64
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now you are 15, you can go get a real job, somewhat.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its like $80 bro lmao
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too young and stupid and i don't have time to work
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it runs on android os
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it looks dope
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy one those cheap Chinese units, you will see.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro have you seen the gfuel instagram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"