3DS firmware 11.8 potentially brings the Switch's method of piracy detection

Untitled.png

Looks like this is it. According to a tweet from SciresM, the latest 3DS firmware update 11.8 has ported the Nintendo Switch's piracy detection systems to the console. This strategy enables Nintendo to perfectly distinguish pirated and legit games going online and has been used before to detect and ban pirates on Switch. This is not something that can be avoided with homebrew. According to SciresM, Nintendo hasn't acted on 3DS pirates yet, but can choose to do so any time in the future.

Be careful, guys.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well shit i wish i would of never did what i did to get a 3ds... god damn it.... well time to sell my 2ds XL...

Daumian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But if I'm on 11.7.0-40 then everything is fine, right? Beacuse I didnt update. So I can still play my games?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if I'm on 11.7.0-40 then everything is fine, right? Beacuse I didnt update. So I can still play my games?

In so many words I belive that is accurate, unless you want to play online or get any new pirated games from freeShop after 11.8 is mandatory to do either.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol nintendo wants to fuck even more with me, well i will keep pirating their shit
same with ya bud nintendo dug a grave with me severely like to earth's core deep I'll just buy 2nd hand shit and pirate to my black heart's content,btw bootntr doesn't work anymore it needs an update fyi

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: Dr.doom
D

Deleted User

Apparently the anti-piracy only kicks in when downloading illegitimate titles from the eShop (tickets) and using the Sleep Mode download feature in freeShop; guess we'll have to go back to using CIAngel kek

Last edited by ,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't unbanning rely on a donor friendseed? There's one problem with that, being that someone may gwt banned again with said donor seed, banning everyone who uses it.
True but it takes months for Nintendo to ban seeds and when a seed gets banned a day or two later another seed is donated.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
welp nintendo made my choice VERY ONE SIDED they shall not receive a dime directly from me AT ALL @Pippin666 WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON A CONSOLE HACKING SITE just to troll?
GBATemp is so much more than a "console hacking website", it's an independent gaming community. GBATemp has informations on so much more subject that other gaming website doesn't dare to even go near.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, should I just stay on 11.7? Smash 4 does not require latest system FW for online, and I don't think Pokemon USUM does either. And even if Pokemon USUM gets an update or two down the road, I can use FBI to install those updates, right?

Reactions: Ceuse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo