• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An even better option quality wise (many cias on download websites are imperfect dumps) is downloading still direct from Nintendo but from a PC, using for example 3DSeStuff!

The scene generally frowns on video tutorials (and to a lesser extent on written tutorials that aren't Plailect's guide on Github) because they don't keep up with the latest news of the scene, and the video you linked is no exception.

If you use a boot manager as you claimed, you can just download and extract Luma in the root of your SD card, then open your boot manager's menu (usually "boot.cfg") in a text editor, and edit the part that mentions Reinand's .dat file to point to Luma3DS.dat!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you really want to do this?

Just asking because in the "releases" page you can find a precompiled version of the cia, and there have been no updates to the source since that cia was built!

Try removing the battery for a few minutes: if the problem continues you may have a corrupted system configurations (then try a factory reset from the last page of the settings: you will lose all your data if you don't back it up with a save manager), and if the problem still continues, you have defective hardware...

I actually figured it out. I forgot that the battery came out everytime it changed. So everytime I take the battery out, it resets. Thanks though!

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You open the program, find the uppercase "secret option" in the menu, enter 42 when asked, then restart the program; hopefully the rest is self explanatory (select a title, create cia)

Thanks tried it but no titles are found still, anything else I'm missing to I need to fill out anyother stuff on there?

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I've successfully downgraded using Plailect's guide to 9.2 on a Japanese 3DS.

However, I do not want to mess with a 2.1 downgrade and Arm9 stuff. I just want to auto boot into emunand. What is the best way to set up an auto boot into emunand this way, to upgrade etc. etc.? The first time I was bricked when following the guide, so I don't want to brick the replacement. For example before Arm9, I would hack a 3DS, and have it auto boot into emunand using reinand ( right now the Japanese 3DS is on 9.2 and in the home menu, so of course menu hax is removed etc.). Thanks!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had this 2DS booting A9Lhax with a 4 GB card. He says his pokemon games he downloaded with ciangel are messing up and not letting him attack. He said it was Y and alphasaphire. He beat X recently so I think he can tell if the game is bugging out and becoming unplayable.

Is there any kind of compatibility issues or is this maybe a symptom of wonky SD card problems again?
After researching the pokemon issue I think the system has the L shoulder button stuck in the closed position. How hard is it to fix a 2DS shoulder button? Would Nintendo do it? 3rd party services anywhere? Can I do it myself?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I've successfully downgraded using Plailect's guide to 9.2 on a Japanese 3DS.

However, I do not want to mess with a 2.1 downgrade and Arm9 stuff. I just want to auto boot into emunand. What is the best way to set up an auto boot into emunand this way, to upgrade etc. etc.? The first time I was bricked when following the guide, so I don't want to brick the replacement. For example before Arm9, I would hack a 3DS, and have it auto boot into emunand using reinand ( right now the Japanese 3DS is on 9.2 and in the home menu, so of course menu hax is removed etc.). Thanks!
Follow this guide to set up an emuNAND (which will also setup menuhax), but replace the boot.3dsx from the Homebrew Starter Kit (which you download from Part 1 of that guide) with the boot.3dsx in the menuhax folder in the latest Luma3DS release. This will allow menuhax to autoboot into emuNAND.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Use emuNAND9 from homebrew to format an emuNAND, then set up menuhax to boot without a key and replace the boot.3dsx with luma.3dsx from the download and rename to boot.3dsx. Note you won't be able to access the homebrew menu again this way (unless you put the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx back).

You can get more fancy with boot managers and stuff but I don't have experience there.

You've already done the hard part (downgrading with no backup). The rest of the guide is easy and about a week ago got shortened significantly (you can probably complete the remainder of the guide on about half an hour). So you should really think about whether you definitely don't want to do it.

VexSilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide to set up an emuNAND (which will also setup menuhax), but replace the boot.3dsx from the Homebrew Starter Kit (which you download from Part 1 of that guide) with the boot.3dsx in the menuhax folder in the the latest Luma3DS release. This will allow menuhax to autoboot into emuNAND.

Thank you. I had fallen out of the loop on what was the latest emunand, or CFW stuff.

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know what are the steps to upgrading my sd card? I followed the install guide on the github for luma3ds and arm9loader but I did it to the stock 4gb card that comes with the console, if I bought a 32/62gb sd card and copied everything thats on my current sd card to it would that work or do I need to do anything else?

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
hello! i received a o3ds xl recently in which i will be downgrading using the dsiware method.

however, the sd card that was in it is a counterfeit of a lexar platinum ii one (?) i think. it is 64gb and i already fat32'ed it.

normally sd cards have a write lock and this one does not have it. the 3ds will say that write lock is enabled upon inserting it in the 3ds. is there another way to remove the write lock by any chance?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what are the steps to upgrading my sd card? I followed the install guide on the github for luma3ds and arm9loader but I did it to the stock 4gb card that comes with the console, if I bought a 32/62gb sd card and copied everything thats on my current sd card to it would that work or do I need to do anything else?
Make sure your new SD card is formatted to FAT32 and then just move the contents from the old card to the new card.

.:Vicious:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's possible to downgrade a banned 3ds on fw 11 through the DSi game method?
Unfortunately I think it is necessary that both stay connected on Nintendo server.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I think it is necessary that both stay connected on Nintendo server.
You will probably have to wait for the ban to be lifted. Assuming this is your first public header ban, it will probably be gone in a week.

D

Deleted User

An even better option quality wise (many cias on download websites are imperfect dumps) is downloading still direct from Nintendo but from a PC, using for example 3DSeStuff!

Do you really want to do this?

Just asking because in the "releases" page you can find a precompiled version of the cia, and there have been no updates to the source since that cia was built!
oh
wow I didn't even notice that
whoops
sorry for wasting time

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What did you do??
If it's an NNID ban, you can make another NNID. And if you check out the Miiverse Custom Image thread, there are ways to change the ID of your 3DS to get around console bans.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

.:Vicious:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What did you do??
If it's an NNID ban, you can make another NNID. And if you check out the Miiverse Custom Image thread, there are ways to change the ID of your 3DS to get around console bans.
I did nothing :P
Not my 3ds, it is from friend who asked me to install the CFW.
He says when try to open eshop, a message with an error code related to fraud is shown.
Don't know if is a NNID ban :(

Last edited by .:Vicious:.,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh oh oh, oh hello Progressive insurance, talk dirty to me would you, till I finish