• Views 4,542,548
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the tip. When the guide says for me to overwrite any existing file do i need to delete all the bin file in my payload folder or do I just add the hourglass.bin file for step 3

that depends, i'm not sure the guide said anything about overwriting files in the later parts.
as for hourglass, if you already got an (old?) start_hourglass.bin file in there, i'd assume its save to get rid of the old one

wewe7144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
that depends, i'm not sure the guide said anything about overwriting files in the later parts.
as for hourglass, if you already got an (old?) start_hourglass.bin file in there, i'd assume its save to get rid of the old one
Thank you very much, it worked fine now.

79TAKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure i'm using RXtools 3.0, I don't really keep up the community until I need to do something, then I try to read up and catch up. Looks like there are other CFW like Luma3DS now.

My question was going to be, can I update my emunand to the latest version safely(im on RX-E10.7.0-32U)? But also should I look into switching to Luma3DS/is that hard to transfer to?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the name of the homebrew .cia for more coins?
Also can you get bannend for using them in streetpass or games?
If you are talking about playcoins setter, i don't believe a cia exist but a homebrew 3DSX you can use in homebrew launcher does. (Should have a picture of super mario with the golden block on his head like in NSMB2) I used it for setting coins to 300 and i never been banned. Use it to buy trophies in super smash bros, kid icarus uprising, puzzle swap and find mii. Even with the free coins it still no fun. Using that shouldn't get you banned.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about playcoins setter, i don't believe a cia exist but a homebrew 3DSX you can use in homebrew launcher does. (Should have a picture of super mario with the golden block on his head like in NSMB2) I used it for setting coins to 300 and i never been banned. Use it to buy trophies in super smash bros, kid icarus uprising, puzzle swap and find mii. Even with the free coins it still no fun. Using that shouldn't get you banned.
There is a devapp for this called playcoinsetter. (search that iso site)

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure i'm using RXtools 3.0, I don't really keep up the community until I need to do something, then I try to read up and catch up. Looks like there are other CFW like Luma3DS now.

My question was going to be, can I update my emunand to the latest version safely(im on RX-E10.7.0-32U)? But also should I look into switching to Luma3DS/is that hard to transfer to?

RXTools as become outdated and unsupported so, it's time to move on, ;)
Even if you want to continue with it (which you can) I don't think it is able to boot latest FW (v11.0.0-33). NB: I may be wrong.

If you want to switch to Luma but using EmuNAND, download the latest release of Luma and copy the files/ folders to SD, then point your bootloader (that one you have to check on SD, maybe you have a "boot.cfg" there and change the default to Luma).
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.1.1

Use the normal (NOT *.dev) version.

The files/folders you need are the Green and Pink:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade#installing

If you want to upgrade, follow this to have A9LH with Luma. With this, you won't need an EmuNAND anymore.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Last edited by cravas,

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the first number pair on line 00000100 to the following pair that corresponds to the region you want to change to:
  • "00" : JPN
  • "01" : USA
  • "02" : EUR
Okay i got help on this last night but I'm still confused. Do i need to change the first two numbers 00 or the 01 part.
Like if i want to change it to Japanese do i keep it as 00000100 or 00000000.

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Im sorry, but im REALLY having a hard time trying to understand the arm9loaderhax installation process

- I have a old 3DS XL
- I did the Emunand Process months ago
- My sysnand is on 9.2.0-20U
- I dont care about my Emunand content. Already made backups of all my saves

1) Do i need to follow the whole Plailect guide or should i start from a certain point?

2) Do i need to downgrade my system to instal arm9loaderhax?

3) Can i just use this "Auto Setup" that is on the releases section of GBAtemp?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry, but im REALLY having a hard time trying to understand the arm9loaderhax installation process

- I have a old 3DS XL
- I did the Emunand Process months ago
- My sysnand is on 9.2.0-20U
- I dont care about my Emunand content. Already made backups of all my saves

1) Do i need to follow the whole Plailect guide or should i start from a certain point?

2) Do i need to downgrade my system to instal arm9loaderhax?

3) Can i just use this "Auto Setup" that is on the releases section of GBAtemp?
1. Yes you start from part 1 - decrypt9. Which on 9.2 sysNAND is literally just getting HBL (which you probably already have for emuNAND coldboot) and decrypt9.3dsx.
2. Part 2 is techincally downgrading, but not in the way you think. Imagine downgrading by essentially restoring a NAND dump from another 3ds that had 2.1 installed. That's essentially what it is.
3. No, just follow the guide as it's currently the easiest method

Reactions: SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
1. Yes you start from part 1 - decrypt9. Which on 9.2 sysNAND is literally just getting HBL (which you probably already have for emuNAND coldboot) and decrypt9.3dsx.
2. Part 2 is techincally downgrading, but not in the way you think. Imagine downgrading by essentially restoring a NAND dump from another 3ds that had 2.1 installed. That's essentially what it is.
3. No, just follow the guide as it's currently the easiest method

But if i already have HBL... do i really need to follow the whole guide, since the first part is just to get HBL going?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is FTPbrony/microSD ftp? I don't know if I'm saying it right. Does it let you transfer files from your 3ds to your PC without taking out the SD card?
Yes is a file transfer protocol that allows wireless transfers of files through a server the homebrew creates. IS just like new 3DS micro sd card manager. :P

Reactions: Sakurika

drag0nscythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have an old 3ds with A9HL + luma. I recently did a region transfer from Jap to USA. I noticed that when I enter the camera mode and exit back out; the sytem locks up and needs to be force reset. Is this a known bug? and is there a way to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"