• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You just need an sd card. Follow the guide here and don't skip any steps (including checking the sd card with h2testw).
If you're on higher firmware you'd have to follow the Seedminer method.
If you're on a lower firmware (below 11.3.0), Soundhax is recommended instead & is easier to follow..
I appreciate your help, but I was wondering if there was things I couldn’t do after installation. I have since successfully installed cfw.
Sorry for the confusing post!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your help, but I was wondering if there was things I couldn’t do after installation. I have since successfully installed cfw.
Sorry for the confusing post!
Like what? Don't understand what you are asking exactly.. With CFW, you can install backup games (cia files), and other useful homebrew apps etc.
About what you shouldn't regardless of with or without a cfw, is to not use a fraudulent credit card details in the eShop or try to (scam) ask for a refund for a game you pirated..

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like what? Don't understand what you are asking exactly.. With CFW, you can install backup games (cia files), and other useful homebrew apps etc.
About what you shouldn't regardless of with or without a cfw, is to not use a fraudulent credit card details in the eShop or try to (scam) ask for a refund for a game you pirated..
Oh, I was never going to pirate games. I was thinking would any games cease to function/online play be not allowed?
I’m incredibly sorry for any confusion I’ve caused you.

ChloeLisntDizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question about PKSM
Is it possible to get PKSM to view save files from an R4 style multiple-game cart? I know about adding the extra saves from the SD, is it possible to get it to look at the SD within the cart? Sorry if a dumb question, very new to this

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking would any games cease to function/online play be not allowed?
Well, you could've said so.. Yes it's fine, you can play games online just like normal. the ban risk is very minimal, as long as you don't do anything like one of the scenarios i mentioned in my previous post..
I can't connect to wifi with my New Nintendo 3DS XL. I want to jailbreak it again, after I update it.
What happens when you turn ON Wireless Communications on your N3DS? Do you see the orange wifi led or not?
Does the system crash or show any error?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to get PKSM to view save files from an R4 style multiple-game cart? I know about adding the extra saves from the SD, is it possible to get it to look at the SD within the cart? Sorry if a dumb question, very new to this
You should be able to copy the save file from the SD card in the R4 to the SD card in the 3DS, and then edit it with PKSM before copying it back again. Otherwise, the answer is no.

Reactions: CoolMe

ChloeLisntDizzy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to copy the save file from the SD card in the R4 to the SD card in the 3DS, and then edit it with PKSM before copying it back again. Otherwise, the answer is no.
That makes sense, I might as well just get some software that will run the roms straight from the internal storage to make life easier

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense, I might as well just get some software that will run the roms straight from the internal storage to make life easier
Well, there's TWilightmenu, or YANBF if you're into forwarders.. Pokémon games work really well with TWilightmenu, so you shouldn't have any problems if you decide you want to switch to it..

blackwolf25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you get an error when you try to update the system? Have you looked online what the error code means?
I'm assuming you have a working wifi board on your system, and a stable WiFi connection..
Yes it just gives me an error code and yes I can connect to the internet

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and my friend are trying to install boot9strap, but we fail at III.7 of the USM guide. Their console only shows a black screen, with no key combo. We tried several time to re-move files back in to no success. What could be the issue? Did we miss something?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Umm is there a chance a friend flagged my new 3DS for a ban? 😰 The system is still working fine and I can still access the eShop and everything but today a little mishap happened. We talked about Pokémon USUM and he wanted to check if I still had a Ditto in one of my boxes on Ultra Sun but noticed the update-nag and tried to let the game update which errored out.

The thing is, the game is dumped from my own cartridge but I installed the 1.2 update "externally" because I remember back then there was this uncertainty going on if using the eShop was safe with Luma or not and apparently that came with a fake ticket hence the update nag and update error.

I've since delete the fake ticket and downloaded the 1.2 update proper from the eShop but now I worry if my 3DS could get banned after all these years 😖

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm is there a chance a friend flagged my new 3DS for a ban? 😰 The system is still working fine and I can still access the eShop and everything but today a little mishap happened. We talked about Pokémon USUM and he wanted to check if I still had a Ditto in one of my boxes on Ultra Sun but noticed the update-nag and tried to let the game update which errored out.

The thing is, the game is dumped from my own cartridge but I installed the 1.2 update "externally" because I remember back then there was this uncertainty going on if using the eShop was safe with Luma or not and apparently that came with a fake ticket hence the update nag and update error.

I've since delete the fake ticket and downloaded the 1.2 update proper from the eShop but now I worry if my 3DS could get banned after all these years 😖
You have nothing to worry about.. Now you're on latest firmware 11.16.0, right? You'd need to, in order to access the eShop download game updates and play online..

Reactions: SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have nothing to worry about.. Now you're on latest firmware 11.16.0, right? You'd need to, in order to access the eShop download game updates and play online..

Okay phew then I'm relieved! And yeah that's why I had WiFi on in the first place when I handed him the 3DS, because I updated to Luma 11 and the latest firmware beforehand 😅

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This may be stupid, but is there a way to record 3Ds gameplay on luma3ds? I know it can screenshot so surely it’s just a case of screenshooting 30 times a second? I don’t really care about audio recording as I could do that with an aux cable.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be stupid, but is there a way to record 3Ds gameplay on luma3ds? I know it can screenshot so surely it’s just a case of screenshooting 30 times a second? I don’t really care about audio recording as I could do that with an aux cable.
BootNTR. You need to use the Luma Nightly version (just replace the Boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard), Kit-Kat-slim on the PC side..
Now, i'm not sure if both the BootNTR app and Luma Nightly were updated to work with the latest 3ds firmware, or not..

Reactions: Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
BootNTR. You need to use the Luma Nightly version (just replace the Boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard), Kit-Kat-slim on the PC side..
Now, i'm not sure if both the BootNTR app and Luma Nightly were updated to work with the latest 3ds firmware, or not..
I don't think the Luma nightly works with BootNTR, but Nanquitas's fork does. It's also as simple as replacing boot.firm or installing with Universal-Updater.

Also, if you're on an old 3DS (not a "New" one) then BootNTR doesn't work for streaming, but you can use HzMod.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1