• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Dastr0y3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You mean it was in Nintendo 3DS\[id0]\[id1]\titles ? It would be useful if you would kindly answer the other questions: was it there before you copied the files off the card, or did it appear afterwards?

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list/Patches notes that a folder named 00030800 would be associated with Mario Kart update data, so at least it's not completely unrelated to what you were doing – but there's no reason there should be files there, nor is there any reason it should suddenly cause everything to disappear.

Anyway, since you took your card out and put it back in again, it's possible there was some kind of loose contact in the slot.
It was there in the beginning of my error, I opened title 00040000 because it was big, I could have deleted it from godmode9.

tetsuo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, daft noob question. So once I've installed luma and everything using https://3ds.hacks.guide/ and I want to play some .cia games they have to be installed using FBI. They can't just be booted from a file on the sd card in a similar way that flash carts work?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, daft noob question. So once I've installed luma and everything using https://3ds.hacks.guide/ and I want to play some .cia games they have to be installed using FBI. They can't just be booted from a file on the sd card in a similar way that flash carts work?
Nope. just install it and go.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to keep the .cia file or can it be deleted once it's installed?
No, unless you want to. Fbi has the option to delete the cia after install, just make to choose that option, or you can delete it manually after it's installed (in fbi).
And I'm guessing the install is saved to the sd card so the bigger the card, the more games you could have?
Correct.

Reactions: tetsuo1981

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for that. Do I need to keep the .cia file or can it be deleted once it's installed?
No, you do not need to keep the .cia file.

You can also install .cia files to the SD card on a PC using custom-install.

And I'm guessing the install is saved to the sd card so the bigger the card, the more games you could have?
daft noob question

zewindsor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

My 3DS has the firmware 11.15.0-47E and keeps asking me to update (to 11.17 if I got the right new version). Since my Luma version is 10.2.1, I can update safely ?

tetsuo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all again
Discovered that my 3DS is on an older firmware (11.2.0-12E I think). 3DS.Hacks has recommended soundhax as preferred method for CFW install. Just wanted to check I've got the right download? Also, I'm assuming that if I update the nintendo firmware after luma install the soundhax method will no longer work if I need to reinstall CFW?
20230704_090705.jpg
Screenshot_20230704_091412_Chrome.jpg

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discovered that my 3DS is on an older firmware (11.2.0-12E I think). 3DS.Hacks has recommended soundhax as preferred method for CFW install. Just wanted to check I've got the right download?
The right method? Yes, it doesn't matter what method to choose the end result is the, same, though Soundhax is much easier than the other ones, so definitely go with that one.
Also, I'm assuming that if I update the nintendo firmware after luma install the soundhax method will no longer work if I need to reinstall CFW?
Once you install Luma3ds you don't need to reinstall it after updating the fw, or ever, unless you intentionally uninstalled cfw from the system.
This doesn't look like the 3ds.hacks.guide page, i recommend following this and nothing else.

tetsuo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @CoolMe I have been following the 3ds.hacks guide, the 2nd picture was from the link in that guide to download soundhax
Screenshot_20230704_120343_Chrome~2.jpg

Leads to:
Screenshot_20230704_091412_Chrome.jpg

Im guessing that's the right download if I'm on 11.2.0?

Reactions: CoolMe

NicolasDubuc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi has anyboddy found a fix to the ARM11- Data abort error and the Errdisp-generic error? I've been trying to found a fix the past couple of days but I've found nothing...

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi has anyboddy found a fix to the ARM11- Data abort error and the Errdisp-generic error? I've been trying to found a fix the past couple of days but I've found nothing...
They could appear for a variety of reasons, if it's just when you launch a game, it's either missing a seed file, game update or it's a corrupt install. Random Arm11/ErrDisp like in-game, in the home menu or on boot etc. it could be a corrupt/ faulty sd card, if not then it'd a hardware issue like sd card reader..

NicolasDubuc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
They could appear for a variety of reasons, if it's just when you launch a game, it's either missing a seed file, game update or it's a corrupt install. Random Arm11/ErrDisp like in-game, in the home menu or on boot etc. it could be a corrupt/ faulty sd card, if not then it'd a hardware issue like sd card reader..
Could you help me? I wanted to run some badges with GYTB and it crashes with the data abort error, what could it be? Ive already re installed GYTB and i dont know what to do next

tetsuo1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Retroarch with mame 2000, 2003, 2003+ and fba 2012 not working. What am I missing? Got correct romsets for cores, installed only these cores. Either get an exception has occurred or they load and play ridiculously slow. My test rom is aliens.zip. all romsets downloaded from archive.org. any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game