• Views 4,542,341
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think most of N3DS has a firmware below 10.4, but the only way to be sure is to power ON and check it directly in system settings ;-;

Currently some people are wondering which version carries the N3DS FE fates edition.

footsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like your N3DS is now in sysNand 10.5.
You currently can't hack or downgrade your system anymore until a new eploit is found.
(there is currently a way to downgrade past 10.3 with 'hardmod', but i don't think you can't do that at home)

Did you unlink your Nand before performing an upgrade ?
Yeah I unlinked it by doing system format and then I never logged back in. Must have updated my sysnand then what a bummer

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mmnope, it asks for an update after I input my password.
Ah, they must have changed it. It never used to ask you to update, even if you were on an older firmware. I have an idea though.

First, make a backup of your emuNAND with EmuNAND Tool. Next, backup all of the files on your SD card.

Now, format a new emuNAND (via EmuNAND9 Tool or the Gateway launcher). At this point, your emuNAND and sysNAND will be linked.

Update your emuNAND and link your NNID to emuNAND. Reboot the 3DS into sysNAND, and verify that the NNID is linked on sysNAND as well.

Now, restore your emuNAND backup and your SD card backup. Your NNID should now be linked to both sysNAND and emuNAND! Verify that the error has been solved.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

Kajoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Alright, so I'm pretty much new to this, I've only got a bit of experience with PSP hacking which seems fairly similar. The thing is, I want to buy a second hand O3DS. It's got firmware 7.1.0-16E. Does this allow me to use browserhax for sure, or does it depend on how much the previous user meddled with the Internet Browser so far? I'm really confused about whether the Internet Browser is supposed to ask for a system update or not at this point, also do I have to update to 9. something in order to use CFW? Any way to do that besides buying a game bundled with the proper firmware? Thank you.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I'm pretty much new to this, I've only got a bit of experience with PSP hacking which seems fairly similar. The thing is, I want to buy a second hand O3DS. It's got firmware 7.1.0-16E. Does this allow me to use browserhax for sure, or does it depend on how much the previous user meddled with the Internet Browser so far? I'm really confused about whether the Internet Browser is supposed to ask for a system update or not at this point, also do I have to update to 9. something in order to use CFW? Any way to do that besides buying a game bundled with the proper firmware? Thank you.
Browserhax only works on 9.0+. You can use the spider exploit though. The browser will not prompt you to update. It only prompts to update on 9.9+.

Dragomegak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with my sky3ds+. I got the flashcart today, and I downloaded sdformatter and firmware zip, I formatted my sd card thru sd formatter, and put the firmware files from the zip to the sdcard. I plugged in the flashcart to my computer and it extruded a green light, and I left it until the light went off. So after I deleted the firmware bin file and left the settings txt in my sd card. I put in some roms, and put it into the flashcart and into my n3dsxl. I shows rainbow colors but no game is shown from the 3ds. Is there something I did wrong? and if anyone can help me with this I will love you forever.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, it is possible.

How?. I've heard that i need some files for the injection but i don't have the slightest clue of what are those tools. RxTools' FBI inject doesn't work in my case since i suppose i lack of some needed files.

The operation returns: "Error opening FBI TMD"

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How?. I've heard that i need some files for the injection but i don't have the slightest clue of what are those tools. RxTools' FBI inject doesn't work in my case since i suppose i lack of some needed files.

The operation returns: "Error opening FBI TMD"
The easiest way to inject FBI is to use rxTools 2.6. This version comes with the necessary TMD version and it tells you which TMD version you need to perform the injection. Set up rxTools 2.6 with your 3DS and go to the rxTools menu (by holding the R trigger when booting rxTools). Go to FBI injection and run it, it will fail, but it will tell you which tmd region and version you need. Go to the rxTools download and to the fbi_injection folder. Grab the TMD files you need from there and place them on the root of your SD card. Use rxTools 2.6 to inject FBI. Done! If you don't want to uninstall the FBI injection, you can now remove rxTools 2.6 and go back to the version you were using previously.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using RxTools 3.0, but doesn't tell me which TMD i need, or i'm not reading properly. How bad is to use RxTools 3.0 for this task?
I've never injected FBI with rxTools 3.0 for this reason. I know TMD version has something to do with firmware version, but I don't know which firmware versions use which TMD versions.

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally any of the sites listed on the flashcart's official reseller list are ok to purchase from.

I can vouch for ModChipCentral, I bought my Gateway cart and E3 Flasher from them and had no issues.

Anyway, if your 3DS is on 10.3 firmware or lower you could downgrade and use CFW instead of buying a Sky3DS+. CFW is completely free and can do more than what the Sky3DS+ can do. If it's above 10.3, you can still downgrade, but it requires a hardmod (which would still be cheaper than the Sky3DS+, even if you paid somebody else to do it for you).

Awe okay my system is above 10.5 and who do I ask to hardmode my 3ds. I think I would like to just buy a sky3ds instead but I wanna know if I could pay with a prepaid visa gift card on modchipcentral or direct. If I did hardmode who do I ask and how much will it cost? Also thanks for replying.

plusminuspoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried downgrading on a n3ds from 9.9.0-26U to 9.2.0-20U, and it seemed to have failed part way through. Got a Nintendo error message about something going wrong. I thought I may be bricked, but after removing the SD card and turning it back on, I was able to boot and system settings showed 9.2.0-20U. Now that I'm trying to run EmuNAND, it just flashes from red back to the homebrew menu.

I ran downgrade_check and it seems I have a bunch of Title IDs wrong. What should I do?

Last edited by plusminuspoo,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awe okay my system is above 10.5 and who do I ask to hardmode my 3ds. I think I would like to just buy a sky3ds instead but I wanna know if I could pay with a prepaid visa gift card on modchipcentral or direct. If I did hardmode who do I ask and how much will it cost? Also thanks for replying.
I think you can pay with a prepaid Visa, but I'm not 100% sure on that (I paid via email money order). If you want to go with the hardmod, message hundshammer. He does O3DS hardmods for $40 and N3DS for $50. Once you've got the hardmod installed, you're good to go and you won't ever need to worry about bricking your 3DS.

Edit: He also offers straight downgrading without a permanent hardmod for $20

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so after deleting everything on my SD card and replacing it with the backup I made before trying to update my emuNAND, emuNAND still doesn't launch. Trying to launch emuNAND9 and miniPasta just sends me back to the Homebrew Launcher, and rxTools boots me to the home menu with an error, and the 3DS restarts. What should I do from this point?

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can pay with a prepaid Visa, but I'm not 100% sure on that (I paid via email money order). If you want to go with the hardmod, message hundshammer. He does O3DS hardmods for $40 and N3DS for $50. Once you've got the hardmod installed, you're good to go and you won't ever need to worry about bricking your 3DS.

Edit: He also offers straight downgrading without a permanent hardmod for $20

Can someone take my info if I do money order by email and okay hanks but that guy looks pretty busy. Sorry for all the questions but I'm really cautious about these things since I have never done it before. Thanks for helping I really appreciate it.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone take my info if I do money order by email and okay hanks but that guy looks pretty busy. Sorry for all the questions but I'm really cautious about these things since I have never done it before. Thanks for helping I really appreciate it.
I think your safe to pay via take email payment. I payed this way, and had no issues. Pretty much they just receive a payment from an email address. The sites listed on the official resellers list are generally trustworthy; it's extremely unlikely you'd have your information stolen.

I tried downgrading on a n3ds from 9.9.0-26U to 9.2.0-20U, and it seemed to have failed part way through. Got a Nintendo error message about something going wrong. I thought I may be bricked, but after removing the SD card and turning it back on, I was able to boot and system settings showed 9.2.0-20U. Now that I'm trying to run EmuNAND, it just flashes from red back to the homebrew menu.

I ran downgrade_check and it seems I have a bunch of Title IDs wrong. What should I do?
This thread might help.

Okay, so after deleting everything on my SD card and replacing it with the backup I made before trying to update my emuNAND, emuNAND still doesn't launch. Trying to launch emuNAND9 and miniPasta just sends me back to the Homebrew Launcher, and rxTools boots me to the home menu with an error, and the 3DS restarts. What should I do from this point?
Could you give a few more details? N3DS or O3DS? SysNAND FW version? EmuNAND stopped working after an update?

Reactions: Queen of SoS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share