• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should still be able to set up OoThax, since your 3DS seems to able to run homebrew fine. If you can get OoThax set up, you should be able to follow the steps from that thread.

Hey question umm on modchipcentral while checking out my payment methods say for usa USA/U.K/INTERNATIONAL (VISA/MASTERCARD). so I think this means I can use a regular prepaid card that isn't international. If so should I just buy a hundred dollar prepaid card or should I just go on and get a international prepaid one.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The description says "requires OOT3D and an Internet connection." Remember that my WiFi card isn't working properly (it's the whole reason that I'm even in this situation)
Does OoThax require an internet connection on the 3DS to set up? If so, disregard the tutorial then. If not, I think the tutorial only needs an internet connection to actually download the necessary files. You shouldn't need an internet connection to run them.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does OoThax require an internet connection on the 3DS to set up? If so, disregard the tutorial then. If not, I think the tutorial only needs an internet connection to actually download the necessary files. You shouldn't need an internet connection to run them.
It's the .smdh description in the Homebrew Launcher that says that.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey question umm on modchipcentral while checking out my payment methods say for usa USA/U.K/INTERNATIONAL (VISA/MASTERCARD). so I think this means I can use a regular prepaid card that isn't international. If so should I just buy a hundred dollar prepaid card or should I just go on and get a international prepaid one.
Sounds like you should be ok to use a normal prepaid card. I didn't pay with a prepaid card though, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

It's the .smdh description in the Homebrew Launcher that says that.
Ah. Well, @plusminuspoo says rerunning the downgrade worked, so you can try that if you want. I'd do so only if you're willing to risk a potential brick though.

footsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I was in the process of downgrading my n3DS from 9.9 to 9.2. After a couple of hours I finally got sysUpdater to run the CIAs. After it started I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw that it had an error on the bottom screen and to restart the console.

I took out the SD card and it booted up and system settings says 9.2 but BrowserHax is still shooting me with the nag update. Is this normal? Or am I not really on 9.2.

edit: okay I do not think I am actually on 9.2 even though System Settings says I am. I am getting the nag update for BrowserHax and I just tried launching emunand from HBL and it did not work. Do I upgrade to like 10.3 from here and then downgrade to 9.2 again? Or do I just try to downgrade to 9.2 again even though system settings says 9.2 (but I am most likely not on 9.2).

Last edited by footsoldier,

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you should be ok to use a normal prepaid card. I didn't pay with a prepaid card though, so I can't say with 100% certainty.

Ah. Well, @plusminuspoo says rerunning the downgrade worked, so you can try that if you want. I'd do so only if you're willing to risk a potential brick though.

will I have trouble with ups customs since I live in the U.S.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Super Noob who just bought a 2DS. It's on firmware 6.0.0-12U. I was trying to get to the homebrew launcher using browserhax, but I never got it to work (tried many, many, many times....) so I moved on from that. I downloaded rxTools 2.6 and went to the website and it loaded I think. It sent me back to the sysmenu and I didn't notice any change. I reloaded it and pressed R as it stated to do and backed up my NAND. My question is, what do I need to do from here to get homebrew on my 3ds as I am at a loss. I just want emulators. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated as well as suggestions on upgrading, staying where I am, etc. While I wait for a response, I will lope around the tutorials section a bit more and see what other possibilities there are.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me on how to update rxtools? Do you just delete the rxtools folder and then install through browser again? or do you delet and can you launch through the coldboot manager

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone help me on how to update rxtools? Do you just delete the rxtools folder and then install through browser again? or do you delet and can you launch through the coldboot manager

Just download the recent rxtools 3.0 beta 2. Unzip and generate the firm.bin folder, put firm folder in rxtools. Delete old rxtools in sd card, after that replace with new one. Also, you will need to find 2 keys to go into the root of sd card.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody forsee a problem with the following: I want to transfer my games/profile from an O3DSXL to a N3DSXL. To do this, I'm told I need to have both systems fully updated. So I figured I would attempt to: 10.3->9.2 on O3DSXL, 9.2->2.1 OTP grab on O3DSXL, revert back to 9.2, compile a9hl reinand (or aureinand) and update sysnand to 10.5. Do the same on my N3DSXL. Then do the system transfer and maintain the cfw on both systems.

Having said that, I have the following question: if i'm going the a9hl route, why would I implement and use emunand? Any advantages since sysnand can be updated to the latest version?

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just download the recent rxtools 3.0 beta 2. Unzip and generate the firm.bin folder, put firm folder in rxtools. Delete old rxtools in sd card, after that replace with new one. Also, you will need to find 2 keys to go into the root of sd card.

aren't the keys only needed for the new 3ds?

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to install the JPN version of Fire Emblem: Fates SE cia and all cia DLC associated with it, would it interfere with any legitimate downloads associated with a physical copy of the US SE version?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a newbie question. Got a 3ds with 5.1 firmware and I was wondering if it's better to upgrade to 9.2 with the smash bros cart or run sysupdater?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a newbie question. Got a 3ds with 5.1 firmware and I was wondering if it's better to upgrade to 9.2 with the smash bros cart or run sysupdater?

You have 2 options,

You can downgrade it further to 4.1-4.5 using gateway's dg files and then use mset ds profile exploit or you can update using supersmash cart. Sysupdater would be too risky.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

aren't the keys only needed for the new 3ds?

Ya, i'm not sure since I used a new 3ds xl. You can try updating without the keys and see what happens.

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've installed 6.X MSET on my fw 6.3 2DS, but it refuses to boot rxTools through the profile exploit, only through browser. I've been searching and tinkering around for literally hours now, and I can't figure out what it is that I am doing wrong. Currently I'm using rxTools 2.6, but it doesn't seem to work even if I use an older version, and rxTools 3.0 doesn't even let me enter emuNAND.

So to summarize:

- I have rxTools 2.6
- I have already installed a 6.X MSET CIA through DevMen
- Browser exploit works perfectly
- Profile exploit causes an error and forces a restart
- sysNAND fw 6.3 , emuNAND fw 9.2

Last edited by Zerousen,

benserwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on SysNAND 9.0.0-20U, using RXTools to get into EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U. Is there anything special I have to do before updating EmuNAND to most recent firmware? I am looking to get wireless access for Fire Emblem: Fates.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am on SysNAND 9.0.0-20U, using RXTools to get into EmuNAND 10.3.0-28U. Is there anything special I have to do before updating EmuNAND to most recent firmware? I am looking to get wireless access for Fire Emblem: Fates.

(You can use this as a chance to make a backup of your emuNAND just in case anything goes wrong, never hurts to do so.)

No, just go into System Settings once you're sure you're on emuNAND (or look for the RX-E string) and go straight to the system update button. Don't back out or anything like that. If, for some reason you use the TubeHax DNS on your emuNAND, make sure to temporarily turn it off so you can update.

Alternatively, use 3DNUS to download 10.5's CIAs and use sysUpdater to install them to update, if you don't want to use System Settings for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...