• Views 4,506,859
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

gerhtyhty

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Does Gateway 3DS support most games? In particular I am interested in Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem and Smash.

How's the cheat function doing? It's the thing I'm most interested in, so I'm wondering if it works well, or if people have had bad experiences with it.

Is it compatible with the New 3DS XL (EU)? Should I make sure to get one with the right serial number on the box? Is there a list of serial numbers that are good?

Anything else I should know? Should I get a (micro) SD card? If so, how big should it be? 16GB? 32GB? 64GB?

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed everything needed and I am using a 2DS with rxTools 3.0beta5. I updated my EmuNand to 10.5 but when I boot to it with rxtools, it just stays on the black screen. I used my backup to restore the EmuNand and tried again with the same results. Anybody know of a way to get this working? Is there a way to install a lower firmware on EmuNand? Thank you!

plusminuspoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I was in the process of downgrading my n3DS from 9.9 to 9.2. After a couple of hours I finally got sysUpdater to run the CIAs. After it started I went to the bathroom and when I came back I saw that it had an error on the bottom screen and to restart the console.

I took out the SD card and it booted up and system settings says 9.2 but BrowserHax is still shooting me with the nag update. Is this normal? Or am I not really on 9.2.

edit: okay I do not think I am actually on 9.2 even though System Settings says I am. I am getting the nag update for BrowserHax and I just tried launching emunand from HBL and it did not work. Do I upgrade to like 10.3 from here and then downgrade to 9.2 again? Or do I just try to downgrade to 9.2 again even though system settings says 9.2 (but I am most likely not on 9.2).

I had the same issue. After rerunning sysUpdater and downgrading again (press Y), it worked the second time. Make sure to use sysUpdater 0.4.2b found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/, as it has the lowest chance of a brick.

footsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay got my n3DS all set up but have one last question. So I have 2 n3DS. One that I tried to do CFW but ended up accidentally updating sysNAND to 10.5. This was my main console that I used and had my nnid etc. linked but I reformatted that system to unlink my NANDs. After screwing up the process and getting to 10.5 I decided to get another console so I can properly downgrade it. I now have a n3DS straight out of the box on sysNAND 9.2 and have emuNAND 10.5 on there. I have not logged into my NNID on either console as of this writing.

Do I need to do a system transfer so that I can play all my downloaded software? And would I do a system transfer from n3DS 10.5 to cfw n3DS emuNAND 10.5? Or will signing into a console with my NNID give me everything I need? I am under the impression that I have to do a system transfer and even though I only had a few games downloaded, I don't necessarily want to lose them.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a few questions that may have already been mentioned before, but I just want to be 100% sure. I used NASA to install some legit CIAs on an O3DS with 9.9.0.26, and I would like to downgrade to 9.2.
Does downgrading do anything to my already installed games and their saves? I've put too much time into some of my games and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I'm assuming downgrading wouldn't do anything to the games I've already bought since they're linked to my system ID, correct? And can I just keep installing CIAs without using a CFW after the downgrade? I'm installing them to the SD card, so I don't know if it's considered as risky as installing to sysNAND or less risky because they can be deleted.

In case using a CFW and emunand is the best/only choice, and assuming I get to keep my games and saves, is it possible to transfer them to the new emuNAND so I don't have to switch back and forth if I want to play them? I read something about linked NANDs but I don't know if it means what I think it means (shared saves for both, same system ID).

Edit: Forgot something else. Do I need to remove any previous *hax I have already installed before downgrading? I'm assuming no since I need a way to launch sysupdater, but for example, I have Ironhax and Menuhax installed right now, should I get rid of Ironhax? And a related question, does downgrading remove them automatically? I'd assume it would remove Menuhax but not Ironhax.

In case it does remove every hax, would I just need to use browserhax to install menuhax again, or is there a better way?

Last edited by Edgarska,

glasshalffull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've had a Gateway card since they first came out a while ago, and I've had no problem playing nearly all the games I've tried on my 3DS with firmware 4.5(U). But I'm having trouble playing the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition rom.

Since I don't care for going online on my 3DS, and since I've read about people accidentally updating their sysNAND or bricking their consoles when trying to use emuNAND, I've never bothered using emuNAND on my system. I've always just followed the directions on the single-page pdf "Quick-guide" that comes with all versions of GW downloads. Basically, this guide just says to load several files onto the blue card, and put the GW launcher onto the 3DS SD card. Then install GW software onto the 3DS using the blue card, boot gateway mode using the NDS profile in system settings, and then load roms which are on my red card by pressing "select" on the home screen.

This simple method has worked for me for all games up to now, so as I stated before, I have never bothered using emuNAND. However, I am unable to play Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition using the above method. I can get as far as loading the rom successfully on the home screen so that the Fire Emblem Fates logo is shown on the top screen with the spinning sword, but when I try to start it, I get stuck at the black screen which says "Nintendo 3DS" on the top screen with some moving red bars in the background (basically it gets stuck when I try to actually run the game), and it won't go past that point even after waiting for several minutes. Essentially, my 3DS is unresponsive at that point and I have to power it off to regain functionality.

I have tried using Gateways versions 1.2, Omega 2.1, and now Ultra 3.4.1 (ultra asked me to update the gateway card, which I successfully did), but none seem to work for Fire Emblem Fates. Of note, other games which do not work for me include Super Smash Bros and Puzzles and Dragons, both of which get stuck at the exact same point as Fire Emblem Fates. I never bothered pursuing a solution for those other two games since I don't really care to play them. But I would really like to play Fire Emblem Fates. I have not tried GW version 3.7 yet since it is in Beta still, but I'm guessing that will not make a difference since version 3.4 came out long after Smash Bros, so if 3.4 is not working for me, then 3.7 will likely not change that.

If it helps to know, other games which have worked for me with no problems include many Mario games (Kart, Tennis, New Mario Bros 2, Golf, 3D land, Mario and Luigi Dream Team), Etrian Odyssey games (Untold 1 & 2, Mystery Dungeon), Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, Professor Layton, Donkey Kong Returns, Zelda (OoT and ALBW), Persona Q, SMTIV, Pokemon X, FF Theaterhythm, Street Fighter 4.

I'm wondering if the following could be the cause of my problems:

1. Is emuNAND required in order to run the newer 3DS games? Is there some new anti-piracy protection on the three games I tried that prevent me from playing them without emuNAND? I'd prefer to stick to the safer offline non-emuNAND method of playing games which I detailed above if possible.

2. Could it simply be that I have bad roms for these games? This seems less likely since I've tried downloading the roms several times and from multiple sources, and I've also tried re-transferring them to my red card multiple times, and the games all successfully load on my home screen but freeze up at the same point when I try to play them.

Sorry for the lengthy post--I tried to provide as much info about my situation/setup as possible, but if I left out anything important, please let me know. If anyone could provide help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

quackstar84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys. I'm about to buy another 3ds and get a gateway for it. I already have one which has version 4.5 on it. Does the profile exploit work on any other version than 4.5? I'd like that exploit as i'll be gifting both 3DS's to my nieces and want them to be able to use them without the chance of an online update (just keep them offline at all times). Thank you.

Last edited by quackstar84,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...