• Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ctrt transfer worked but my ds was in the wrong language
You might've changed the region of your 3ds..
so i followed another tutorial
What guide were you following? Certainly not this?
i havent checked for sd card errors
Well you should. Back up your sd card data somewhere safe on your pc, empty the sdcard, and run h2testw with the "read and verify" setting. It should tell if it's ok to use, or if it's faulty in some way.
I'm telling you to do this because of the error you're getting, if the sd card was faulty maybe the ctrtransfer image you transferred was corrupt in some way. Again, better check to make sure it's not faulty, or else it'll sure make things complicated in the future.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a hand-me-down New 3DS from a friend with a Nintendo account and some digital games tied to that Nintendo account. I want to jailbreak the New 3DS and I don't care about keeping those games. My friend still has the Nintendo account password if that's needed; it's an account that they used for the New 3DS and WiiU but not the Switch.

If I remove the Nintendo account will I have problems jailbreaking the New 3DS? Will I not be able to do certain things without a Nintendo account on my New 3DS? I'm not knowledgeable with how things have changed after the closure of the 3DS eShop.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remove the Nintendo account will I have problems jailbreaking the New 3DS?
No. Follow the guide here carefully to install cfw on your 3ds.
Will I not be able to do certain things without a Nintendo account on my New 3DS?
Downloading game updates requires having an NNID iirc, yes, same for if you want to use the Pokémon Bank/ Transporter to transfer Pokémon etc. You might need to set up a new NNID if you want to do those things..

Reactions: Vine-gar
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently looking into buying a 3DS for GBA, DS, DSi, and 3DS Pokemon games. Just have a few questions.

1. Which 3DS model is the best for this purpose?
2. Are refurbished screens on a 3DS an ok way to avoid the yellowing problem, or should it be OEM screens only?
3. Is it true that GBA games can run natively on any 3DS via injection?
4. Do DS games run better with something like nds-bootstrap, or do they run better via a flashcart on a 3DS? (mainly Pokemon)
5. How good is the compatibility of 3DS games played through custom firmware?

Thanks.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently looking into buying a 3DS for GBA, DS, DSi, and 3DS Pokemon games. Just have a few questions.

1. Which 3DS model is the best for this purpose?
2. Are refurbished screens on a 3DS an ok way to avoid the yellowing problem, or should it be OEM screens only?
4. Do DS games run better with something like nds-bootstrap, or do they run better via a flashcart on a 3DS? (mainly Pokemon)
5. How good is the compatibility of 3DS games played through custom firmware?

Thanks.
1. Depends on preference. It's better to buy a New 3ds rather than old model, if you want 3d get the New 3ds/XL, if you don't care about 3d then better to buy a New 2ds XL(I never use it on my new3ds XL)
3. Yes but I'm not sure if it's native 100%, there are options like mgba or agb_firm(don't remember the name) TwilightMenu++ uses gbarunner2
4. Been using the nds-bootstrap and it works like if you used the cartridge, better yet you can use cheats and even widescreen with TwilightMenu++ (you can even play nes, snes, gb and gbc games)
5. All games should run fine, never had a problem with the 20+ games I have.

Reactions: bowlofspiders

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, GBA games run natively, but it is preferable to use open_agb_firm rather than running them through injections. Since they run natively there is no speedup or save state functionality; that requires mGBA, which does not perform as well (especially on an "old" 3DS).

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi folks, Been a very long time and I'm outta the loop. Wanting to prepare my New 3ds for sale.

I have a sys 11.15.0-47 E
on Luma v 10.2.1 installed through B9S

I turned on the 3DS and its wanting to update the official firmware can I do this or is a Luma update needed ?

Many thanks

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks, Been a very long time and I'm outta the loop. Wanting to prepare my New 3ds for sale.

I have a sys 11.15.0-47 E
on Luma v 10.2.1 installed through B9S

I turned on the 3DS and its wanting to update the official firmware can I do this or is a Luma update needed ?

Many thanks
Yes, it's safe to update to 11.17.0-50E if your Luma3DS version is v10.2.1 or higher.

Reactions: Hi-Dro

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused on how to get WarioWare Twisted to work... I made a mGBA inject and tilting the 3DS does nothing

I'm curious how I'd get Yoshi Topsy Turvy and Kirby Tilt n Tumble working too, but those can wait

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you run it through mGBA directly without making an "inject"?

Tilt n Tumble is a GBC game and would work entirely differently.
Then it works, but I guess I just don't get why it doesn't work as an inject

And yeah ik Tilt n Tumble is a GBC game. That's why I was curious how it'd work, since NSUI doesn't have a mGBA inject option for GBC games. Not that this injecting works in the first place for motion. Oh well

I'm curious if there's a way to launch one app and then have it forward to another. Then I could have the warioware twisted icon on my home menu and then launch the app, then have it go into mgba automatically. Would be nice for making forwarders of gameyob for game boy games to play them with SGB. It wouldn't even need to load the rom automatically, just the app is fine
Post automatically merged:

Decided to just download the mGBA cia and edit the banner and icon to make them look like the injected CIAs. Maybe not the most elegant solution since some icons go straight into the game and others take you to mGBA and make you pick the game, but meh, not much else I can do

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if that Luma version works with the latest fw, just update Luma3DS to the latest version and you should be good.
Yeah Luma version works fine with latest version,
I will update tho.

Is it possible to delete my Nintendo account and make new one without losing all the games I have installed ?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to delete my Nintendo account and make new one without losing all the games I have installed ?
If it's from the same region, yes, installed games should work since you have cfw installed, and as long as you don't format the system (though you can back them with GodMode9 if you find yourself in such a case).

Reactions: Hi-Dro

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean by "Nintendo account", and why do you want to make a new one?

You will have to do a System Format to use a new NNID. (Of course, you can always back up all your games to .cias and then re-install them afterwards.)

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by "Nintendo account", and why do you want to make a new one?

You will have to do a System Format to use a new NNID. (Of course, you can always back up all your games to .cias and then re-install them afterwards.)
Is there another Nintendo account tied to the 3DS that I'm not aware of ?

Anyway Specifically I mean: system settings/Nintendo Network ID Settings.

I did find a 'delete Nintendo Network ID' button but it's saying it will delete all related software Licences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves