• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My friend got a USA 3DSXL which can't boot to the 3DS menu. However, it turns on and he can boot into Luma 13.0.2. There is no nand backup available.

luma.jpeg

Any ideas? I've got an Japanes O3DS with luma installed if it's of any help, all working.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
My friend got a USA 3DSXL which can't boot to the 3DS menu. However, it turns on and he can boot into Luma 13.0.2. There is no nand backup available.

View attachment 418399

Any ideas? I've got an Japanes O3DS with luma installed if it's of any help, all working.
Does it have an sd card inside? Check if it has boot.firm on the card and if not put it there and see if it turns on. Still, it should turn on even if no sd card is inserted since that 3ds has luma installed in the nand.Does it boot to that screen if you don't press any button?

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You can try CTRtransfer if it doesn't boot and no nand backup.
Thanks. He tried following this tutorial https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html, but after step 23 in section II it doesn't reboot and he's left with a black screen.

Does it have an sd card inside? Check if it has boot.firm on the card and if not put it there and see if it turns on. Still, it should turn on even if no sd card is inserted since that 3ds has luma installed in the nand.Does it boot to that screen if you don't press any button?
It didn't come with an SD, I think the previous owner left it in this state. Luma comes up if he holds select when booting, Godmode9 comes up while start is held.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks both for your answers. After a process of "nothing works" we realized the 3DS was wrongly reassembled and the IR module was flipped. It was put in the correct position and now everything works. Funny how that was the only issue.

Reactions: BigOnYa

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks both for your answers. After a process of "nothing works" we realized the 3DS was wrongly reassembled and the IR module was flipped. It was put in the correct position and now everything works. Funny how that was the only issue.
Well that sure was something I would never think of, can't believe a component that small can cause so many problems

I guess this is the risk of buying second hand. Now that I know I can see it's missing the 4 screws of the top screen. That should have been a clue

jairo4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi, would it be possible to change the region of a japanese console to america so I can login with nnid and do a system transfer?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would it be possible to change the region of a japanese console to america so I can login with nnid and do a system transfer?
Region changing is easy; region changing so you can login with a different region's NNID is not easy.

You should probably just forget about doing a system transfer in that case. Just export all your save data with Checkpoint and manually re-install your games on the other console.

jairo4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I guess the answer is no?
Region changing is easy; region changing so you can login with a different region's NNID is not easy.

You should probably just forget about doing a system transfer in that case. Just export all your save data with Checkpoint and manually re-install your games on the other console.
I see. Sadly, I lost my old 3DS so I'm looking for a cheap one and they seem to be way cheapear in Japan. Just want to download the games I bought...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the answer is no?

I see. Sadly, I lost my old 3DS so I'm looking for a cheap one and they seem to be way cheapear in Japan. Just want to download the games I bought...

If you want to access the eshop to redownload purchase, for region changed you need two units of the same region before region change to allow you access to the eshop, you may as well just get the same region as the one you got before.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sadly, I lost my old 3DS so I'm looking for a cheap one and they seem to be way cheapear in Japan. Just want to download the games I bought...
Not sure why you're referring to "system transfer", then – you can't very well do a system transfer from your old unit if you don't have it anymore.

You can contact Nintendo and have them move your NNID to another unit – but as above, if you have a U-region NNID, then you can't just use that on a J-region unit, even if it's region-changed.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've purchased a used 2DS console that was previously hacked. I've already updated Luma3DS and the firmware to the latest versions and everything works from what I can see. Now, I'd like to do some SD card cleanup and there's a lot of files on it.

01.PNG

I'd like to start with 3DS games only for now and will explore my other options sometime later once I get familiar with the whole 3DS ecosystem.

I've found that sthetix made his starter pack with the essential apps included (which seems to be up-to-date as far as I can tell) so I'd probably go from there.

I've already removed some of the files that probably aren't necessary for now (like Twilight Menu++ stuff. which I'll probably install the latest version later sometime), but I'm left with these for now:

02.PNG

3ds folder is filled with lots of homebrew apps, most of which I'll probably just reinstall.
a9lh and boot9strap may be the remnants of the upgrade from A9LD and B9S, right?

What else should I keep / remove?
Thank you for your time.

EDIT: If I read it correctly, it's perfectly safe to factory reset a modded 2DS, right?

Last edited by Blythe93,

fakestim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i managed to source 2 ips panels for my 3ds that was a dual tn i know its like a couple years late from the ips craze but did anyone ever do this and change the HWCAL files to make them look good, for me the top is a little bit dimmer and warmer than the bottom

Also i did a case swap, but the case i bought from aliexpress was not that great. If anyone also did a case swap and knows where i can get a high quality white case that would be awesome even if its aliexpress but a different seller i wouldnt mind

thankyou :)

Attachments

• 3ds.jpg
    3ds.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Blythe93

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a while since I've seen the 3ds.hack website and I've notice the bb3 guides are all gone now replaced by MSET9. Has bb3 been superseded by MSET9? Would bb3 still work if I tried it on a compatible system? Otherwise seems strange to me that they'd just remove it considering how it easy it was to use bb3, as well as how it'd still work on older systems.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would bb3 still work if I tried it on a compatible system? Otherwise seems strange to me that they'd just remove it considering how it easy it was to use bb3, as well as how it'd still work on older systems.
Presumably it's not much easier than MSET9, and presenting people with too many options is likely to cause confusion. There's also no trace of kartminer7 or kartdlphax.

Other exploits are still documented at https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:Alternate_Exploits . (I've been meaning to add a writeup for oot3dhax; that definitely still works on 11.17.)

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a question: Does anyone know why Mario Golf and Mario Tennis might be stuck at a black screen whenever I try to launch them?

I tried to reinstall them several times, both from my carts and other ways but I had no luck. I remember booting each once and working fine, but now they refuse to work. No other game does this.

Edit: ...It turns out it wasn't my fault, but a glitch caused by Luma 13.01. Neither 13.00 nor 13.02 causes it. That was a nice evening wasted overthinking the issue and trying stuff, but I am glad to have it working without having to use the carts...

Last edited by Maeson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1