• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

mrmonotone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old3ds that I did arm9loaderhax to back in the day. I have all the files backed up from it. However, I do not have the original sd cards I used. Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to put on my sd card to get a bootable system again?
1708074186544.png

inside a9lh:
1708074238261.png

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an old3ds that I did arm9loaderhax to back in the day. I have all the files backed up from it. However, I do not have the original sd cards I used. Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to put on my sd card to get a bootable system again?
View attachment 420346
inside a9lh:
View attachment 420347
Copy everything to an sd card and it should boot. After that go here https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw#what-to-do-next

And update depending on your situation

You could go directly here https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
But it's best if you go through the otver link first

mrmonotone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy everything to an sd card and it should boot. After that go here https://3ds.hacks.guide/checking-for-cfw#what-to-do-next

And update depending on your situation

You could go directly here https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
But it's best if you go through the otver link first
Thanks for the advice. I have my old3ds now booting and am following the finalizing setup. I was working on updating my n3ds. I was reading the guide and noticed that there is a note for n3ds. That says:

If your New 3DS was on version 2.1.0 before following this guide, you should restore your NAND backup before continuing. This likely doesn’t apply to you unless you were following this guide in 2017.

I would like to update my n3ds as well. It was on 2.1.0 at one point but my sys nand is now at 11.8.0-41U running luma 9.1 with b9s. I do not understand if that means I should since I have updated past that point. Should I still restore nand backup first? If I do need to restore the nand do I just continue to follow the guide after I do it?

1708118816673.png

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to update my n3ds as well. It was on 2.1.0 at one point but my sys nand is now at 11.8.0-41U running luma 9.1 with b9s. I do not understand if that means I should since I have updated past that point. Should I still restore nand backup first? If I do need to restore the nand do I just continue to follow the guide after I do it?
If your N3DS is already homebrewed then no, that step only applies during finalisation of the initial CFW installation. What you want to do is update Luma to the latest version first, then update your system firmware. After that make a NAND back up.

Corrin2827

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
How to run DLC mods? I tried running a Shadows of Valentia DLC with a retranslation mod, couldn't run it though (but I could run at the base game), I can play it on 3DS and also on Citra (pref 3DS), here is the mod what I'm talking about:

ht t ps :/ / gamebanana . com / mods / 487299

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I already know but I ask it just to be sure.

New 3DS vs New 3DS XL has the same internals? Same processor and RAM?
Both are New 3DS ofcourse, thinking of picking one up, but I don't really care if it isn't an XL if the rest is exactly the same.

Thanks.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I already know but I ask it just to be sure.

New 3DS vs New 3DS XL has the same internals? Same processor and RAM?
Both are New 3DS ofcourse, thinking of picking one up, but I don't really care if it isn't an XL if the rest is exactly the same.

Thanks.
Yes, it's the same cpu speed and ram, I think even the 2ds xl is mostly the same just without the 3d. Non-XL 3ds offers the possibility to change faceplates while the xl has bigger screens. Some people buy them from japan since it's cheaper and you can do a region change

Reactions: Blythe93

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's the same cpu speed and ram, I think even the 2ds xl is mostly the same just without the 3d. Non-XL 3ds offers the possibility to change faceplates while the xl has bigger screens. Some people buy them from japan since it's cheaper and you can do a region change
Thanks. Now I have a very important question since I don't want to brick the 3DS and ofcourse I'm talking about the SD card.

I have an SD card that constantly corrupts on the Nintendo Switch for some reason, even after formatting it on the Switch, it happens again. Even on the PC I couldn't access some files that appear to be corrupted. Scan and fix failed, and the whole Album folder could not be read after that. Other folders can read fine, however.

So what I'm doing now is using SD Formatter to completely format my SD card. No quick format, but I did overwrite format.

Is it safe to use the same SD card after formatting to use with the 3DS or do I have to use an SD card from another 3DS?

Thanks.

Last edited by thekarter104,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't really matter what SD card you use, but you'll need to format it as FAT32 and you should always test it with h2testw right after formatting.

If h2testw says your card has no errors but you are consistently having problems, then you should consider whether you have a faulty SD card reader. If you are using a microSD card in an adatper, then the adapter might also be problematic.

Reactions: Blythe93

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really matter what SD card you use, but you'll need to format it as FAT32 and you should always test it with h2testw right after formatting.

If h2testw says your card has no errors but you are consistently having problems, then you should consider whether you have a faulty SD card reader. If you are using a microSD card in an adatper, then the adapter might also be problematic.
I'm not sure, since it was only in my Switch, so could be a Switch problem.
I'm trying out H2testw on my PC now. But I have no clue how it works, select target I did for the SD card, what now?

I see a write + verify button, but what does it write?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It writes to your SD card as many 1GB files as it can possibly fit and later on it it tries to read all of them. If everything goes well, you'll see no errors and the SD card should be good.
I see. It can't test an only byte lol, guess that's fine. I let the test run. Takes long so far, but it alright. I'll let you know

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I see. It can't test an only byte lol, guess that's fine. I let the test run. Takes long so far, but it alright. I'll let you know
It took around 6 hours for my 256GB microSD card that I use for my Switch, so it can definitely take a while. Of course, the smaller the card, the quicker it'll be done. Good luck!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took around 6 hours for my 256GB microSD card that I use for my Switch, so it can definitely take a while. Of course, the smaller the card, the quicker it'll be done. Good luck!
Warning: Only 15191 of 15192 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
Writing speed: 6.90 MByte/s
Reading speed: 14.5 MByte/s

rammyramramram

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to get DS games on the home menu in Luma, or is it only through the TwiLight Menu++? I'd really like to be able to sort these games into folders on my homescreen.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

quebirt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at least 99% sure the answer to this is here somewhere. Probably in this thread. But I can't find it.

I have the standard 3ds hacked setup that almost everyone ends up with and I'm looking for a way to "free cheat" or memory edit, or something similar to cheatengine type functionality.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo