• Views 4,470,725
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, is it possible to have franken firmware if I had downgraded first time? I'm asking this because I cant boot into CFW with cakesFW as it gets stuck on booting...
Frankenfirmware is always a possibility when downgrading. Sometimes booting CFW doesn't work right either. Your case is probably the latter. You may need to try several times before the CFW will boot.

i want to make system transfer from my old 3DS to New 3DS XL
the two of them has emunand 10.5
so,i enter the system settings for both 3DS and make transfer like normally ?
Yes, boot emuNAND on both 3DSes, then go to the system settings and perform a system transfer.

So I haven't really been up to date with the advances in the 3DS scene and would like some assistance.

Right now I have a GW card and while it's nice and all, it's a pain in the ass having to do the Browser exploit to boot into emunand. Apparently CFWs can boot directly into emunand now, so that's nice. I'm going to follow this guide:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Unless there's a newer guide somewhere that someone can point me towards. I'm a little confused on whether or not I can still boot games from my GW card or will I have to install cia's for everything?
If you're going to be strictly using the CFW, you will not be able to boot games from the GW cart. You need to boot into GW mode to use the Gateway cart. Gateway has an option for coldbooting now, just like the CFWs, but you may find the CFWs with cias more convenient.

Eski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to be strictly using the CFW, you will not be able to boot games from the GW cart. You need to boot into GW mode to use the Gateway cart. Gateway has an option for coldbooting now, just like the CFWs, but you may find the CFWs with cias more convenient.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Another quick question then. I have some cia's installed on the GW emunand right now. If I were to go strictly CFW, how would I go about backing up those cia's?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Another quick question then. I have some cia's installed on the GW emunand right now. If I were to go strictly CFW, how would I go about backing up those cia's?

CFWs and Gateway use the same Emunand.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update my Animal Crossing New Leaf game in emuNAND, however since my nands aren't linked, I cannot connect to the eshop to download the update. On thatiso site I cannot find an update package for New Leaf. Does anyone have any suggestions for updating this game? I don't want to have to go through the process of linking my nands because to my understanding, it's a bit of a process. If I can just locate an update package, it'd make my life easier. Any suggestions?

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update my Animal Crossing New Leaf game in emuNAND, however since my nands aren't linked, I cannot connect to the eshop to download the update. On thatiso site I cannot find an update package for New Leaf. Does anyone have any suggestions for updating this game? I don't want to have to go through the process of linking my nands because to my understanding, it's a bit of a process. If I can just locate an update package, it'd make my life easier. Any suggestions?
Just backup the SD card and setup emuNAND again in whatever CFW you use and they'll be linked. When you're done with whatever you need linked NANDs for you can just restore the backup.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Why don't you just update Emunand and download the update from there

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a N3DS XL and Gateway with latest Launcher and 10.4 Emunand.

I start the Gateway with Browserhax but often it just shows red dragon and than goes to black screen. It never did that on my old 3DS XL on 4.5 FW. Anything I can do about it?

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I'm unable to start up Ninjhax (2.5) while in Rxtools. As soon as I press "create" it loads the ninjhax black screen but hangs for a few seconds and kicks me back to the Home menu saying there's an error and I should restart the system. I never seemed to have a problem with it before. Anyone got any idea how to fix?

Edit: After visiting my system settings I noticed I'm at 10.5 Emunand. This is probably the problem. Is there any way to downgrade my Emunand back to 9.2.20?

Last edited by kraan,

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Frankenfirmware is always a possibility when downgrading. Sometimes booting CFW doesn't work right either. Your case is probably the latter. You may need to try several times before the CFW will boot.
I ended up having to update since after 20 tries cfw wouldnt boot so now I'm gonna hard mod it and do it again.

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm trying to update Animal Crossing New Leaf on Emunand 10.5. My nands are not linked, and when I launch ACNL and go to update, I get error 022-2634. I'd prefer not to have to link my nands as it's apparently a process. Is there any way to get the eShop working without linking my nands? If not, I'll nut up and do it.

plusminuspoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to downgrade a new 3DS with firmware 9.9.0-26U to something that would run RxTools? If not, is there a recommended flash card to get, Sky3DS vs Gateway?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I'm trying to update Animal Crossing New Leaf on Emunand 10.5. My nands are not linked, and when I launch ACNL and go to update, I get error 022-2634. I'd prefer not to have to link my nands as it's apparently a process. Is there any way to get the eShop working without linking my nands? If not, I'll nut up and do it.
You shouldn't need to link your NANDs. Try linking your NNID on both NANDs though, that solves some problems with eShop downloads.

Is there a way to downgrade a new 3DS with firmware 9.9.0-26U to something that would run RxTools? If not, is there a recommended flash card to get, Sky3DS vs Gateway?
Yes. First, look here to get the Homebrew Launcher set up. After that, there's a guide for downgrading here.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Many people have had this error, you can find the solution if you search it up.

Qyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, I've just got a quick question regarding my o3DS/XL on 9.9.0-26U. Due to the fact I followed a browserhax tutorial that didn't mention about the update nag I've been locked out of the browser. After a bit of searching I'm planning to use Oothax as a workaround- but before I plop $30 on a save dongle I just want to make sure that all I need to get the hack working and into HBL is a copy of OoT and the aforementioned save dongle correct? Afterwards I should be able to downgrade and install CFW? Thanks.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, I've just got a quick question regarding my o3DS/XL on 9.9.0-26U. Due to the fact I followed a browserhax tutorial that didn't mention about the update nag I've been locked out of the browser. After a bit of searching I'm planning to use Oothax as a workaround- but before I plop $30 on a save dongle I just want to make sure that all I need to get the hack working and into HBL is a copy of OoT and the aforementioned save dongle correct? Afterwards I should be able to downgrade and install CFW? Thanks.
Yep, you should be good once you've got OoT and the save dongle.

Reactions: Qyrus

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yello. So here's my problem for the 800+ page thread.
I've been wanting to use the NTR Debugger to attempt making some NTR plugins for a few games (mostly Pokemon games), and I think I've done everything correctly; but there's something stopping me.
I can connect to my 3DS through the Debugger when in the Home Menu and when in some titles (Kirby Triple Deluxe cartridge, Badge Arcade, etc.), but I can't seem to connect to the 3DS when in specific titles (more specifically, Pokemon X & OR). I can press the Home Menu (suspend the game), and I can connect just fine; but returning back to the game seems to disconnect me. Is this a game compatibility issue, or am I missing something? I mean, I suppose it should work, since I've already seen a couple of Pokemon XY/ORAS plugins around, so I'm doubtful.
Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D