• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a special edition N3DS (not the XL) with pre-installed games. It's on 10.2.0-27U. I want to downgrade to 9.2.*

So far I've used browserhax to install menuhax, and tried sysupdater with both 9.0.0-20U_n3DS and 9.2.0-20U_n3DS and I get the same error everytime:

Code:
title exception: main.cpp:148 Result: 0xD900182F failed to get CIA file info

I've even tried using sysupdater as my boot.3dsx as I heard some people have had success doing that, no dice. My next step is to try system format, but I'm worried I'll lose my pre-installed games. Looking for answers or suggestions please.

Last edited by jakerman999,

Cr4nkSt4r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My next step is to try system format, but I'm worried I'll lose my pre-installed games. Looking for answers or suggestions please.
Before any further step I would backup my whole SD cart, so if you don't update your Firmware you can mostly restore every file you have, also the pre installed Games, but I think the safegames from the downloaded games will be vanished, but I didn't know, only work with all this stuff since one day.

A good tutorial for your purposes should be this:
http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

explained very well and really up2date :)

smora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys I have 2 questions:

1) I'm trying to move from smaller 32gb micro SD to 128gb. I followed the guides on here, but then for the new 128gb card it doesn't boot into my Rxtools 9.5, but into Sysnand. If I go into homebrew menu from there it load Rxtools (gives that purple screen) and then can work. But not from cold boot.

2) Could someone please give me easy explanation how I can play games online. Do I need Reinand? How can I copy it over Rxtools? I didn't look on here for some time and now it's a bit confusing. Thanks.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
just need to confirm something
so with arm9loaderhax, do I need to be in 9.2 or below? or can I update to the latest FW and still use gateway/CFW/anything?

P

PaiiNSteven

I am following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...rom-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420/

And I did everything fine up to Step 4 of the CFW- RXTOOLS section.

It is telling me to download rxtools and then put it onto my sd, but wont that replace my existing rxtools folder?

It is also telling me to download another release for o3DS, my device, another rxtools folder.

It is then telling me to find firmware.bin on the internet, but I remember generating one with my rxtools tools.

I am very confused. What do I do?
Firmware.bin: Generate it again using the latest rxTools nightly. I believe the python script works still.
"It is also telling me to download another release for o3DS, my device, another rxtools folder.": Just get another nightly from the lavanoid website. Theres a lot, I can edit this comment with the one im using if I can find it.
"It is telling me to download rxtools and then put it onto my sd, but wont that replace my existing rxtools folder?": Basically yes, if its not working on your 3DS. You need to find another nightly release, because some of them wont work. It's happened before.
Sorry, your post was kind of confusing to read. Any questions and I can help you out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Call me stupid, but what exactly does the A9LH.3dsx actually do? For someone who just spend two hours doing this I dont know what I got out of it haha.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I'm trying to get my console's OTP. I reached step 2 of this guide https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/Old_3DS_Spider.md , which mentions I should format emunand. Been there, done that.
My issue is that, now that emunand is formatted, my cia manager is gone, and I have no way of installing a new one (I planned on using FBI.3dsx through browserhax but that's dead on 10.6). Without a cia manager on Emunand I can't install sysupdater which will allow me to go all the way back to 2.1. So what are my options? Should I just say screw it and make a brand new emunand? Or is there a faster way to get a cia installer on 10.6 emunand? Keep in mind that I'm not using rxTools so I don't think I have a way of injecting FBI to Health and Safety.

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Firmware.bin: Generate it again using the latest rxTools nightly. I believe the python script works still.
"It is also telling me to download another release for o3DS, my device, another rxtools folder.": Just get another nightly from the lavanoid website. Theres a lot, I can edit this comment with the one im using if I can find it.
"It is telling me to download rxtools and then put it onto my sd, but wont that replace my existing rxtools folder?": Basically yes, if its not working on your 3DS. You need to find another nightly release, because some of them wont work. It's happened before.
Sorry, your post was kind of confusing to read. Any questions and I can help you out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Call me stupid, but what exactly does the A9LH.3dsx actually do? For someone who just spend two hours doing this I dont know what I got out of it haha.

I tried the nightly and it did not work :(

smora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys I have 2 questions:

1) I'm trying to move from smaller 32gb micro SD to 128gb. I followed the guides on here, but then for the new 128gb card it doesn't boot into my Rxtools 9.5, but into Sysnand. If I go into homebrew menu from there it load Rxtools (gives that purple screen) and then can work. But not from cold boot.

2) Could someone please give me easy explanation how I can play games online. Do I need Reinand? How can I copy it over Rxtools? I didn't look on here for some time and now it's a bit confusing. Thanks.

Ok I got the first one now, I had to use earlier version of emunandtool and do it on PC and now it works.
Pls if someone can help with part 2 :)

Kurly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is the right place to ask.

My save data for Pokemon Red corrupted after fixing Pokemon Blue through the eshop so I decided to delete red through data management (everything is on emuNAND btw) and then install a non cryptofixed version of the legit cia as precaution for the future.
Interestingly, when trying to do this using FBI or the e-shop, it fails at 70% every time, tried with a different game and it installed just fine. Now granted I don't really understand the full workings of the system but if I were to guess, I'm assuming the red I had installed previously wasn't properly deleted and is thus causing problems.

Is there a way to properly clear this up and a better way to go about removing installed cias?

..::MaxWell::..

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DS, downgraded and running 9.2. I want to be able to play cartridge copy of Pokemon ORAS with online enabled, however want to still access homebrew so I don't want to bite the bullet and update my N3DS. Is it also possible to run backups on 3DS via CFW at all yet? I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DS, downgraded and running 9.2. I want to be able to play cartridge copy of Pokemon ORAS with online enabled, however want to still access homebrew so I don't want to bite the bullet and update my N3DS. Is it also possible to run backups on 3DS via CFW at all yet? I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks!
Yup, you can run backups via CFW now; the functionality for running unsigned cias via CFW was released almost a year ago.

A tutorial to set up CFW/emuNAND on the N3DS can be found here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...