Trophies
XP
Country
it gave me version error while

black screen an operation .... error but the device opened versiyon 9.2.0.20

old versiyon 9.9.0.26

donwrage complete ?

I'm using cubic ninja but not working ninja hack

ninja hack always error an operation ...

what is the problem ?

what should I do ?

i have n3ds xl

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Would it be possible in the near future to be able to use amiibo data in CFW?

Like, putting data for one amiibo on a folder and have it automatically be detected when the specific game asks for it

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can format, downgrade, and re-link on emuNAND once everything's set up? Triple-checking because I don't want my stuff lost in the Nintendo void, attached to a console that doesn't exist. (Came SUPER close to it last time.)
Honestly, I would downgrade first since at t hat point, you can back up your nand that still linked to your NNID.
Then system format to unlink it afterwords.

Question about A9HL:

If I decided to move to this, would I need to re-install my things from what I had on emunand?

Thanks~
You shouldn't have to, as the Nand is same as before. Rather, you can have your emunand replace your sysnand and that works.
it gave me version error while

black screen an operation .... error but the device opened versiyon 9.2.0.20

old versiyon 9.9.0.26

donwrage complete ?

I'm using cubic ninja but not working ninja hack

ninja hack always error an operation ...
Need more info. So are you on 9.2 after downgrade and trying to go into HBL?
why not use broswerhax? Your error could be you are using 9.9 payload and not 9.2 payload after downgrade.

Would it be possible in the near future to be able to use amiibo data in CFW?

Like, putting data for one amiibo on a folder and have it automatically be detected when the specific game asks for it
I don't think so based on Ntag chip required.
You can buy Ntags for for about $1 to make your Amiibo cards or find ways to unlock Amiibo contents via plugins

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions to ask since I saw minor mentions of these in various topics across Reddit and GBAtemp but no detailed information regarding them.

1) I installed two .CIAs (FBI, BBM) on my SysNAND before I was able to fully establish my EmuNAND. (Only completing a SD partition to hold my EmuNAND.) They are blank and vanish within seconds when I prompt the SysNAND. Would TinyFormat or System Formatting wipe off those .CIAs?

2) Same question as above but instead of doing a system format, how could I go about removing .CIAs individually?

3) Upon my choice of RxTools, I chose version 3.0 Beta and I am very dissatisfied with it due to lack of features from its predecessors. How do I go about downgrading to an older RxTools version?

4) Concerning how RxTools does its initial installation, does it merely install itself on the SD card? Or does it install itself on the hidden partition within or alongside the EmuNAND? (This is so I know if I have to re-install my EmuNAND or if I can just replace a folder or format the unhidden partition portion of the SD card.)

5) Considering the latest 3DS version is 10.7.0-32U, which versions of Rxtools are compatible?

6) What's this rule about never visiting System Settings on SysNAND(...?) where visiting it would remove illegitimate .CIAs? What's the handling on that?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions to ask since I saw minor mentions of these in various topics across Reddit and GBAtemp but no detailed information regarding them.

1) I installed two .CIAs (FBI, BBM) on my SysNAND before I was able to fully establish my EmuNAND. (Only completing a SD partition to hold my EmuNAND.) They are blank and vanish within seconds when I prompt the SysNAND. Would TinyFormat or System Formatting wipe off those .CIAs?

2) Same question as above but instead of doing a system format, how could I go about removing .CIAs individually?

3) Upon my choice of RxTools, I chose version 3.0 Beta and I am very dissatisfied with it due to lack of features from its predecessors. How do I go about downgrading to an older RxTools version?

4) Concerning how RxTools does its initial installation, does it merely install itself on the SD card? Or does it install itself on the hidden partition within or alongside the EmuNAND? (This is so I know if I have to re-install my EmuNAND or if I can just replace a folder or format the unhidden partition portion of the SD card.)

5) Considering the latest 3DS version is 10.7.0-32U, which versions of Rxtools are compatible?

6) What's this rule about never visiting System Settings on SysNAND(...?) where visiting it would remove illegitimate .CIAs? What's the handling on that?

For 1 and 2 you can't run unsigned apps (.cias) in sysNAND so you can't run those without running pasta/minipasta first. You can remove them in system settings software data.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes,
While in Sysnand, go to system setting, go to bottom left option (forgot the name of that button), then to 3DS games and uninstall it.

CFW isn't really installed to say, so you can just replace the files. Remember to delete then put new files instead of just overwriting.
Everything is on SD card. rarely anything touches the Nand directly.

Well it more or less a rule for people who do not know what they are doing.
Cause they may go to system setting to update FW, intending to update emuNAND, but instead update sysNAND and locking them out of CFW.
Btw, when you go to system setting on EmuNAND, after entering one of the 4 options, pressing back brings you sysNAND, hence people telling if you go to system setting, do only 1 thing at a time, then leave system setting.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm hoping someone could give me some advice.

I am struggling with getting CFW set up and I am just fed up (and slightly stressed/afraid) trying to understand all the guides and different ways of going about it.

So - my question is - would getting a Gateway card be better for me? I mean in terms of technical difficulty and ease of mind. I know CFW is free and whatnot, but I get so worried about making a mistake I cannot fix and money is not really an object.

I have an O3DS XL on 9.2.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm hoping someone could give me some advice.

I am struggling with getting CFW set up and I am just fed up (and slightly stressed/afraid) trying to understand all the guides and different ways of going about it.

So - my question is - would getting a Gateway card be better for me? I mean in terms of technical difficulty and ease of mind. I know CFW is free and whatnot, but I get so worried about making a mistake I cannot fix and money is not really an object.

I have an O3DS XL on 9.2.

Gateway is a waste of money, dont bother with that trash. Simply follow Phailect's Guide and you should be a ok, no need to worry.

Reactions: Pluupy

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gateway is a waste of money, dont bother with that trash. Simply follow Phailect's Guide and you should be a ok, no need to worry.

Thats where I am stuck :( I must have made a mistake somewhere, because at the point where I am supposed to inject - step. 7 -
  1. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
There is nothing when I press down and I have no idea what step I did wrong:mellow:

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats where I am stuck :( I must have made a mistake somewhere, because at the point where I am supposed to inject - step. 7 -
There is nothing when I press down and I have no idea what step I did wrong:mellow:

Probably just froze. Just retry it until it works. If you need real-time support go to Rizon on #3dshacks :)

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes,
While in Sysnand, go to system setting, go to bottom left option (forgot the name of that button), then to 3DS games and uninstall it.

For 1 and 2 you can't run unsigned apps (.cias) in sysNAND so you can't run those without running pasta/minipasta first. You can remove them in system settings software data.

Both .CIAs don't appear in SysNAND's system settings.

ghostpotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the FBI_inject_with_banner.app in the Decrypt9 folder (this folder should be at the root of your SD card)?

ThatSc3neGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After downgrading, it gave me the error message that tells you to turn your 3ds off and reboot. I did so, and i've tried to run EmuNAND9. Several times. It would attempt to boot, flash the red screen, then black, looking like it was working, then flash red and go back to homebrew launcher. I know it says it can take a while to get it to load, I've tried SEVERAL times. Do I need to just delete the files off my sd card, reinstall browserhax, and try to run it again?

My goal is to get to latest cfw in the end, giving me options to do more than just what i can on 9.2 rn.

Last edited by ThatSc3neGuy,

enes eyibil

Trophies
XP
Country
Need more info. So are you on 9.2 after downgrade and trying to go into HBL?
why not use broswerhax? Your error could be you are using 9.9 payload and not 9.2 payload after downgrade.

versiyon downgrade 9.2

the version of the device while reducing the error returned

black screen system error

tried to restart the device but not working ninja hack

always black screen ninja hack :(

broser hack How does it work ?

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I updated to AuRei 4.0.1, my arm9select stopped working. I've tried reputting everything(backups, updates, and whatnot) on my sd card and now I only get black screens. Going to my backups doesn't work either.

No brick since the test arm9loaderhax.bin works, but that's the only thing I've gotten working.

I think I need an a9lh updater that loads directly through a9lh to put the standard build on instead of the modified no backlight hax.

Halp.

Last edited by Arseface_TM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works