• Replies 53,782
  • Likes 43

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
A question about mii plaza. I heard we should stay far from it with hacked consoles because there is a high possibility to end up banned. Is it true?

p.s. if someone can help me about eshop, it gives me error 005-5602... :cry:

Ossevaolep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all!
I was searching for a HWL save with all characters unlocked, lvl max, all badges and fully completed and I only found a .sav / gateway save. Is there a way to convert this one to cia / jksm save to use with my cia without a gateway card?

Meringue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I recently got a new SD Card after I lost my old one. I can open the Rosalina menu, but that's about it. How would I go about restoring it? I tried using the A9LH tutorial on restoring formatted SD Cards, but to no avail. How would I reinstall B9S and such? Firmware 11.6.0-36U

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I recently got a new SD Card after I lost my old one. I can open the Rosalina menu, but that's about it. How would I go about restoring it? I tried using the A9LH tutorial on restoring formatted SD Cards, but to no avail. How would I reinstall B9S and such? Firmware 11.6.0-36U
Yeah, just reinstall. That's your best move here.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Put boot.firm from the release archive here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest and boot.3dsx from here: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases to the root of your sd card.
Then do this: https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

weefsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this is probably a stupid question but I just want to make extra sure, so I don't do anything wrong. I'm following the 3ds ntrboot guide. I put ds_ntrboot_flasher_dsi.nds on my flashcart and ran it. The program is now asking me to select which flashcart I'm doing this on.

I have an R4iSDHC Dual-Core 2014, so I'm assuming I'm supposed to pick the R4iSDHC option. However the flasher only says its tested only with RTS Lite, 3DS RTS and B9S. Am I correct in thinking that this is the correct family to pick and the dev just didn't test the dual core cart personally and that's why he didn't add it to the list.

Thanks for your time.

VulcanGrinch

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LONG POST INCOMING - sorry in advance if this isn't the right thread for this.

So, I've just registered here because I've gotten an old New 3DS (regular version) as a hand-me-down from some relatives. I've always enjoyed emulating and playing older games, and have been using a GPD android for a while now to run SNES, N64, GBC and GBA games, hence why I got a 3DS.

Thing is, it has come pre-installed with come custom firmware already and I can't really figure out how to use it. There's a FBI app that has a plethora of functions I don't understand, a launcher (simply called 'the homebrew launcher') that has safehax and udsploit apps, something called the Freeshop, a theme manager called Anemone that only gives me an error message about missing text data and a few games pre-installed.

I've also gotten a separate SD card that I haven't used yet, but I guess that's how you manages saves and add new ROMS I guess?

So, is there anyone who could tell me in short what I need and how to use these applications? I realize I'm asking a lto here but the whole thing is knida overwhelming. A quick google search so far tells me the Freeshop can be used to download pretty much anything, with the fbi program installing them or something like that?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
LONG POST INCOMING - sorry in advance if this isn't the right thread for this.

So, I've just registered here because I've gotten an old New 3DS (regular version) as a hand-me-down from some relatives. I've always enjoyed emulating and playing older games, and have been using a GPD android for a while now to run SNES, N64, GBC and GBA games, hence why I got a 3DS.

Thing is, it has come pre-installed with come custom firmware already and I can't really figure out how to use it. There's a FBI app that has a plethora of functions I don't understand, a launcher (simply called 'the homebrew launcher') that has safehax and udsploit apps, something called the Freeshop, a theme manager called Anemone that only gives me an error message about missing text data and a few games pre-installed.

I've also gotten a separate SD card that I haven't used yet, but I guess that's how you manages saves and add new ROMS I guess?

So, is there anyone who could tell me in short what I need and how to use these applications? I realize I'm asking a lto here but the whole thing is knida overwhelming. A quick google search so far tells me the Freeshop can be used to download pretty much anything, with the fbi program installing them or something like that?
If you hold select while booting does it boot to Luma config? If yes, what Luma version does it say you have.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
B9S is installed to the system, changing SD card does not mean you have to reinstall anything. Just copy and paste the files over. If you don't have the files, follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup again.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
B9S is installed to the system, changing SD card does not mean you have to reinstall anything. Just copy and paste the files over. If you don't have the files, follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup again.
They told they lost the old sd card. The finalizing setup doesn't include downloading Homebrew launcher or Luma. That's why I told them to download the files and then complete finalizing setup.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't help you very well if you followed a video guide sorry. Unless you can give us your actual symptoms and what you did in detail, not just "doesn't work".

Don't mean to be rude but I already said what I did wrong in my previous post I used the luma updater & I think I might've deleted the wrong file either that or I formatted my sd card the wrong with god mode 9

Last edited by SSG Vegeta,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't mean to be rude but I already said what I did wrong in my previous post I used the luma updater & I think I might've deleted the wrong file either that or I formatted my sd card the wrong with god mode 9
What are your actual symptoms? What actually happened when you used luma updater? Did you get an error message or something? You can’t really format your SD card incorrectly with GodMode9 unless you gave yourself an emuNAND and didn't want it.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your actual symptoms? What actually happened when you used luma updater? Did you get an error message or something? You can’t really format your SD card incorrectly with GodMode9 unless you gave yourself an emuNAND and didn't want it.

I used the luma updater it updated & I deleted a file that gameincanada said it was ok to delete but I thought I deleted the wrong file so I ran the update again as to try & restore the file now I'm experiencing some glitches after example pksm glitches as it's loading another example was after I deleted the play coin setter using the system settings it gave me a very strange screen & I thought I almost bricked my console both pksm & play coin setter were installed using title db in fbi

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question regarding the 3ds.guide. I have a brand new stock nn2dsxl running on Ver. 11.5.0-38U which I am currently following the guide for and taking to "Homebrew Land"
I bought a microSD card that I wanted to use specifically for all this that has higher capacity (for all the home-brew and space I will need) compared to the one the nn2dsxl comes with stock. Before I continue and follow this guide should I replace my personal microSD with the one currently installed in the system? or will this not be the disk port that will be used for my home-brew related content?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

I used the luma updater it updated & I deleted a file that gameincanada said it was ok to delete but I thought I deleted the wrong file so I ran the update again as to try & restore the file now I'm experiencing some glitches after example pksm glitches as it's loading another example was after I deleted the play coin setter using the system settings it gave me a very strange screen & I thought I almost bricked my console both pksm & play coin setter were installed using title db in fbi
5000 what? What file? What strange screens? What version of Luma Updater? What does it actually say when you run it? What glitches? What is your setup? I can't help you I'm sorry, you don't give enough information and it is hard to follow your replies due to lack of sentences. Good luck with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Quick question regarding the 3ds.guide. I have a brand new stock nn2dsxl running on Ver. 11.5.0-38U which I am currently following the guide for and taking to "Homebrew Land"
I bought a microSD card that I wanted to use specifically for all this that has higher capacity (for all the home-brew and space I will need) compared to the one the nn2dsxl comes with stock. Before I continue and follow this guide should I replace my personal microSD with the one currently installed in the system? or will this not be the disk port that will be used for my home-brew related content?
At any time, you can format the new microSD as FAT32 (if it is 64GB or bigger you'll need an external tool like GuiFormat) and copy & paste all your data. You can do it now or later, totally up to you.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5000 what? What file? What strange screens? What version of Luma Updater? What does it actually say when you run it? What glitches? What is your setup? I can't help you I'm sorry, you don't give enough information and it is hard to follow your replies due to lack of sentences. Good luck with it.

You're absolutely useless renables you as blocked
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

At any time, you can format the new microSD as FAT32 (if it is 64GB or bigger you'll need an external tool like GuiFormat) and copy & paste all your data. You can do it now or later, totally up to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol