• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry I forgot to mention it. I already did that actually the guide. But when I press and hold start to power up I am stuck at homebrew luancher and not safeb9s installer like the guide said. And I can't boot into home menu anymore but when I replace boot.3dsx and other files from my backup, it come back to normal as before.
Do I really have a9lh installed? But it boot like menuhax (white, green, blue, red flashing) or something I don't know and boot success rate is not 100% and it took like 25s to boot.
Do you have Boot9strapinstaller files in the correct location on your SD card? You mean you boot directly into the homebrew launcher when you hold 'Start' when starting the 3DS? You should see GodMode9 and boot9strapinstaller if you've followed the steps correctly. What you're discribing you're still on a9lh and haven't done the steps...

Reactions: SnowballTheLev

SnowballTheLev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Do you have Boot9strapinstaller files in the correct location on your SD card? You mean you boot directly into the homebrew launcher when you hold 'Start' when starting the 3DS? You should see GodMode9 and boot9strapinstaller if you've followed the steps correctly. What you're discribing you're still on a9lh and haven't done the steps...
Yes, I have SafeB9SInstaller.bin and GodMode9.firm in my payloads folder. I also made boot9strap folder at root of my sd card just like the guide mention. But still it boot directly into the homebrew launcher when I hold 'Start' when starting the 3DS. And I can no longer boot into luma3ds or home menu after that. I did try power on and off a couple of time.
I guess it is because of luma 6.6. I did some reading on luma releases, chainloader menu only come with luma 7.0. I think I need to do manual update my luma to 7.0 since my luma updater no longer work. Can you tell me how to update luma manually? Do I only need to copy a9lh.bin? Because I found a bunch of files in luma7.0 zip file. I have never done update manually.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have SafeB9SInstaller.bin and GodMode9.firm in my payloads folder. I also made boot9strap folder at root of my sd card just like the guide mention. But still it boot directly into the homebrew launcher when I hold 'Start' when starting the 3DS. And I can no longer boot into luma3ds or home menu after that. I did try power on and off a couple of time.
I guess it is because of luma 6.6. I did some reading on luma releases, chainloader menu only come with luma 7.0. I think I need to do manual update my luma to 7.0 since my luma updater no longer work. Can you tell me how to update luma manually? Do I only need to copy a9lh.bin? Because I found a bunch of files in luma7.0 zip file. I have never done update manually.
Just use the latest Luma and it's on the guide just copy and paste the file. To see which version of Luma you have hold 'select' on boot not start.

Reactions: SnowballTheLev

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone I could use a little help here.

for years Ive been using a 32gb and 64gb sd card on my 3ds with luma and gm9 etc.. and just switching them out like a game when needed, but recently got myself a 128gb so I would like to merge them old ones on to this new 128gb card, I was thinking I could just merge them and copy however when I did this and put it back in the 3ds it shows as if only one of the cards games got transferred while the others games don't show up in the tile list. even the homebrew launcher was missing.

So i wonder is there any easy way to copy over the games from both my sd cards to this new one because I really don't want to convert every game I have into a cia format or redownload.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone I could use a little help here.

for years Ive been using a 32gb and 64gb sd card on my 3ds with luma and gm9 etc.. and just switching them out like a game when needed, but recently got myself a 128gb so I would like to merge them old ones on to this new 128gb card, I was thinking I could just merge them and copy however when I did this and put it back in the 3ds it shows as if only one of the cards games got transferred while the others games don't show up in the tile list. even the homebrew launcher was missing.

So i wonder is there any easy way to copy over the games from both my sd cards to this new one because I really don't want to convert every game I have into a cia format or redownload.
Are you using gateway or just luma with your console?

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out I did have to make a cia for every game I had on there which took forever sigh!
anyway so now I formatted my new 128gb SD and my 3ds can boot to luma 10.2.1 without an SD card should I just follow the guide from here https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw but skip the CTRNand part ? and then continue to finalization step installing FBI etc... ?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched, I know it's been asked before -- likely many times -- even by myself, but I just so rarely use my 3DS for GBA games. Playing one currently, though, and need to be able to put the game in sleep mode when not playing. On the web I found that if you press L+R+Start it will do it, but obviously you have to have something on your CFW to make that work, which evidently I don't because it doesn't work. What do I need to install/inject in order to get sleep mode?

Thanks and sorry.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I searched, I know it's been asked before -- likely many times -- even by myself, but I just so rarely use my 3DS for GBA games. Playing one currently, though, and need to be able to put the game in sleep mode when not playing. On the web I found that if you press L+R+Start it will do it, but obviously you have to have something on your CFW to make that work, which evidently I don't because it doesn't work. What do I need to install/inject in order to get sleep mode?

Thanks and sorry.
I think NSUI should have a option to patch in sleep mode. If not, then I think its just if theres any sleep patches floating round the internets

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, you can backup your saves with Checkpoint on your other system, and yes your emulators will work fine, just copy them to your pc from your sd card and put them on your other sd card after. You can update TWLMenu from Universal Updater, just make sure to reboot your 3DS. You can update your 3DS, it's safe you just need to put the new luma version on your sd card.
First and foremost, you can backup your saves with Checkpoint on your other system, and yes your emulators will work fine, just copy them to your pc from your sd card and put them on your other sd card after. You can update TWLMenu from Universal Updater, just make sure to reboot your 3DS. You can update your 3DS, it's safe you just need to put the new luma version on your sd card.
I successfully updated my system, b

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I successfully updated my system, b
I successfully updated my system, but before it I tried to get Twilight menu to run ds game files and it just went to a white screen.
Do I need another program?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I successfully updated my system, but before it I tried to get Twilight menu to run ds game files and it just went to a white screen.
Do I need another program?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if it doesn't come up, close the lid and open it back up (think holding B also has this effect). it's a known issue, and I think it says it in twilight menu++ somewhere if you have a white screen for too long. it's only happened to me a few times, and closing the lid and opening it back up has worked every time. I have tm++ on both my ds and my 3ds, an it's noticeably faster on the ds, so be patient if it doesn't come up immediately.

Reactions: CoolMe

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to wait about 10 seconds or so of white screen until it boots you into the DS menu. Then choose your game.
You have to wait about 10 seconds or so of white screen until it boots you into the DS menu. Then choose your game.
Every works now, thx cool me and god reborn
I did notice some game’s weren’t in the list that I wanted. Hotel dusk and it’s sequel and such.
Any good sites to get games from?

Reactions: godreborn

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every works now, thx cool me and god reborn
I did notice some game’s weren’t in the list that I wanted. Hotel dusk and it’s sequel and such.
Any good sites to get games from?
Hotel Dusk can be played flawlessly from my experience. Use your Google-fu skills to find what you're looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь