• Likes 43

Mimiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jus
ok, yep it's either the firmware files on the flashcard or the SD card ... I still think it's the latter but in case it is the firmware you can back up your current SD card and test these two (Btw I found these via a Google search and don't know how well they work but they are hosted by gbatemp if that helps)
https://gbatemp.net/download/dstti-gold-kernel.27053/
https://gbatemp.net/download/wood-for-ttds-i.25826/

But like I said I think the problem is the SD card perhaps there is a corrupt file on it or it's a larger capacity than your flashcard can handle my personal suggestion is to try with another micro SD card before attempting to replace anything firmware related
Just giving a quick update in case someone faces a similar issue in the future, I've installed YSMenu in place of the old firmware and now the flashcart is working perfectly!
Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Mimiak,

MDS01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that's correct. So if the SD card is fine, the problem is with the Cia file and it's creation is faulty, and something in GodMode9 is not working as it should in your NA 3DS, and not the LL, maybe try updating GM9 and try again and delete the game on your NA 3DS, and download it again.
As for another method to dump your 3DS digital game, i don't have experience with it, maybe someone would chime in and help. And you could always use an online Cia file from somewhere *wink* of the same region, it should the be the same thing.
Thanks for responding. The strange thing to me is that the .cia installs and works successfully from a completely formatted SD card on my NA device. It feels like there is some "token" inside the .cia that still is associating it with the NA device. I'll give updating gm9 a shot at least.

The unfortunate dead end I'm at is - this game is not in the JP region (at least this version, which has animation tools, the JP one does not, and I already have that legally purchased and working with the JP device). It just doesn't have all the features I want.

[Oh, I just thought of an interesting experiment - I might check to see whether the JP version of the software, when moved over to the NA device, has the same issue. Wouldn't really help me fix things but would solidify that this is some idiosyncrasy of this software/developer's extdata creation.]

Thanks anyways! Can you suggest any other location where discussion of this level of nitpicky problem at the .cia and extdata level might be more appropriate? If not, that's cool, I'll continue to hunt around. I'm just hitting my head against this problem because I really want to be able to get my hardware to do the things I want : ).

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding. The strange thing to me is that the .cia installs and works successfully from a completely formatted SD card on my NA device. It feels like there is some "token" inside the .cia that still is associating it with the NA device. I'll give updating gm9 a shot at least.

The unfortunate dead end I'm at is - this game is not in the JP region (at least this version, which has animation tools, the JP one does not, and I already have that legally purchased and working with the JP device). It just doesn't have all the features I want.

[Oh, I just thought of an interesting experiment - I might check to see whether the JP version of the software, when moved over to the NA device, has the same issue. Wouldn't really help me fix things but would solidify that this is some idiosyncrasy of this software/developer's extdata creation.]

Thanks anyways! Can you suggest any other location where discussion of this level of nitpicky problem at the .cia and extdata level might be more appropriate? If not, that's cool, I'll continue to hunt around. I'm just hitting my head against this problem because I really want to be able to get my hardware to do the things I want : ).
Hey, you can try an online Cia file of the game from the internet, and instal it on the LL, just to test if the issue is with the game or the dump file, you have nothing to lose.

rariteh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a shame about the cart, kinda defeats the purpose of collecting physical carts.. You can look further into the issue, and if you want to fix it there's a thread on the 3DS section about 3DS carts dying, you might get some insight/help from others there.
About the game, just start a new save from the beginning, if you weren't that far into the game and you don't have any Pokémons that you care about.
Yeah, what pisses me off the most is, like, where would we be if it weren’t for the archivists? AlphaSapphire has other ways of being played, sure, but if your cartridges are expected to have a shelf life of less than 10 years, then what about the cartridge-exclusives? [/rant]

As for the save, I’ve loaded it with Checkpoint and it’s working just fine. I’ll start over though, that is the previous owner’s save lol

Good to know that there might be a way to revive the cart, though. I’ll check out that thread. Thank you!

Reactions: CoolMe

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, what pisses me off the most is, like, where would we be if it weren’t for the archivists? AlphaSapphire has other ways of being played, sure, but if your cartridges are expected to have a shelf life of less than 10 years, then what about the cartridge-exclusives? [/rant]

As for the save, I’ve loaded it with Checkpoint and it’s working just fine. I’ll start over though, that is the previous owner’s save lol

Good to know that there might be a way to revive the cart, though. I’ll check out that thread. Thank you!
cart exclusives can still be ripped, Bust-a-move Universe I am pretty sure was a cart only game.

MDS01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you can try an online Cia file of the game from the internet, and instal it on the LL, just to test if the issue is with the game or the dump file, you have nothing to lose.
Gave this a shot, same problem. Looks like each region has a separate problem, and since JP doesn't have a version of this game, I'm outta luck. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/comme...r?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3) Gnarly! Looks like there truly is something different on a per-region basis for the extdata directory creation. I'm going to tap out until I get bored enough to try to learn how to make an extdata folder myself, which will likely be never.

My final idea to actually get focused on drawing again, was to pull the guts of the extdata from the NA game's Checkpoint backup, remove any of the sample files that have the new animation or tile set stuff, and put them into the guts of the extdata from the legit JP version of the game. The file types the game uses internally look the same (has .plt and .pkm files for palettes and pictures). Won't get me the NA version features with animations and tile-based pictures, but I can at least move this picture I've been working on over to the JP version.

-> Went ahead and did this, and it worked without issue. Finally something going the way it ought to on the first try. Hopefully some bloke who tries to do this in the future will find these posts with the power of google. Or I'll be the only person in history to try to fix this problem. lol

Last edited by MDS01,

SnowballTheLev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
I bought cfw new 3ds xl and I didn't know what hack it was used. I am currently on luma3ds v6.6. I want to update luma3ds and install b9s. My 3ds flash "white, green, blue, debug *hax 2.7 then red" when it boot and system firmware is emu 11.4. I can only find a9lh to b9s guide, can I use that guide? Or I need other method? And can I back up the sd card with pc? Because I don't how to setup or use gm9 or emunand9.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought cfw new 3ds xl and I didn't know what hack it was used. I am currently on luma3ds v6.6. I want to update luma3ds and install b9s. My 3ds flash "white, green, blue, debug *hax 2.7 then red" when it boot and system firmware is emu 11.4. I can only find a9lh to b9s guide, can I use that guide? Or I need other method? And can I back up the sd card with pc? Because I don't how to setup or use gm9 or emunand9.
Make sure you have a9lh first then follow the "a9lh to b9s" guide, and the finalizing setup after. You can make a backup of your SD card if you want. Also you don't need emunand you'll use the system's nand. You can update your 3DS after you've completed everything.

Reactions: SnowballTheLev

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is also a move emunand to sysnand guide aswell. You would want that if you want the emunand items you have.

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I have a modded new 3ds xl Can you please answer some questions? First, I have TWiLight whatever but it’s not showing up on the 3ds menu? Can I use universal updated to update it and will it fix the issue? I paid someone to mod it and their not really fast with replies. I want to transfer my other system’s data over to it and I think it will work and not mess anything up. But the new system update from Nintendo came out and I’m not sure if it will brick anything. Luma should be fine I think, but I also have snes9x, virtuanes, picodrive for drag master and mega drive systems, genesis plus go, temperPCE, U vice, a game boy advance emu, and finally mGBA. Will they be fine with the update and system transfer?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, I have a modded new 3ds xl Can you please answer some questions? First, I have TWiLight whatever but it’s not showing up on the 3ds menu? Can I use universal updated to update it and will it fix the issue? I paid someone to mod it and their not really fast with replies. I want to transfer my other system’s data over to it and I think it will work and not mess anything up. But the new system update from Nintendo came out and I’m not sure if it will brick anything. Luma should be fine I think, but I also have snes9x, virtuanes, picodrive for drag master and mega drive systems, genesis plus go, temperPCE, U vice, a game boy advance emu, and finally mGBA. Will they be fine with the update and system transfer?
First and foremost, you can backup your saves with Checkpoint on your other system, and yes your emulators will work fine, just copy them to your pc from your sd card and put them on your other sd card after. You can update TWLMenu from Universal Updater, just make sure to reboot your 3DS. You can update your 3DS, it's safe you just need to put the new luma version on your sd card.

Last edited by CoolMe,

SnowballTheLev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Make sure you have a9lh first then follow the "a9lh to b9s" guide, and the finalizing setup after. You can make a backup of your SD card if you want. Also you don't need emunand you'll use the system's nand. You can update your 3DS after you've completed everything.
Can you tell me how to install a9lh noob proof way please?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is also a move emunand to sysnand guide aswell. You would want that if you want the emunand items you have.
But first I need to get a9lh then b9s, right? Can you show me the guide or tell me how to do it. I am really new at this.

SnowballTheLev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Install a9lh? I asked just to make sure you have that (as CFW), if you don't just install CFW from scratch with luma directly..
I'm sorry. My English is bad. I was confused. I already have luma but to install luma again, do I have to remove the old one? Can you please check the SD card I attach.
3ds.png

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. My English is bad. I was confused. I already have luma but to install luma again, do I have to remove the old one? Can you please check the SD card I attach.
View attachment 273107
You seem to have a a9lh installed, use this guide and follow it carefully, after that proceed to "Finalizing Setup" and follow the steps.

SnowballTheLev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
You seem to have a a9lh installed, use this guide and follow it carefully, after that proceed to "Finalizing Setup" and follow the steps.
I am sorry I forgot to mention it. I already did that actually the guide. But when I press and hold start to power up I am stuck at homebrew luancher and not safeb9s installer like the guide said. And I can't boot into home menu anymore but when I replace boot.3dsx and other files from my backup, it come back to normal as before.
Do I really have a9lh installed? But it boot like menuhax (white, green, blue, red flashing) or something I don't know and boot success rate is not 100% and it took like 25s to boot.

Last edited by SnowballTheLev,

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What's the best process to migrate all my stuff/savegames to a new 3DS XL I bought?

Currently have a 3DS XL which is hacked and I played a few games on.

SHould I hack the new 3DS XL first, and then plug in the microSD?

Or should I follow this?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Satangel If you don't want to install CFW on your new 3DS (there's no reason not to) you can transfer saves but not all of them will work, since some have anti-piracy measures, and you can re-download your legally purchased games on the new device from the eshop without the need of transfering them, if your games are illegaly obtained then they wouldn't work without CFW. If you choose to install CFW however, you can install Cia files of your games as well as homebrew. You can't just plug in the sd card from your other system and expect it to work with your new one, it doesn't work like that.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's the best process to migrate all my stuff/savegames to a new 3DS XL I bought?

Currently have a 3DS XL which is hacked and I played a few games on.

SHould I hack the new 3DS XL first, and then plug in the microSD?
We have an excellent tutorial for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1