• Views 4,468,375
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi friends noob question here. im using twilight menu++ to play DS and DSiware games. im having issue on DSiware. i cant exit the game to main menu. i tried L+Down+Select combo but nothing happens same goes for L+R+Down+B combo.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any system titles that have been deleted from your console?
Not that I'm aware of I recently changed from a 64gb to a 128gb sd card, during the process I just did everything from scratch with the new empty 128gb card so everything was up to date luma, gm9, hb launcher etc..
I did this using the guide from this point "Restoring / Updating CFW"
and then moved on to "Finalizing Setup"
Everything was great installed all my old games and some updates in legit cia format that I had ripped from my old SD card everything worked great.

I did however use my old version of retro arch and did not update (because when I tried to update none of the emu's were working) so I ripped my old retro arch cia from my old sd card and used that along with all the old retro arch folders and files and got all the emus working again.
About a week later I noticed some of my legit games had some new updates so I tried to update them but always got an error then a few days ago I started getting the firmware update prompt when I power on my system.

I guess I should start over again from fresh doh!

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if you're talking about system transfer then make sure to backup your sd card of the target 3ds, & if you don't, the 3ds folder that is saved on the sd card will be overwritten by the source's data (unmodded 3ds),which contains your installed games, saves(if not backed up by Checkpoint). Backup saves with with Checkpoint, your emulators & TWLMenu you just copy & paste it after you finish everything.
You can use the source's sd card only after it has completed the system transfer to the target 3ds,and you can use it in your target 3ds after you finish, if you want.
You can just re-install your 3DS games again when finish everything.
So of course something went wrong
It seems the firmware got lost
It boots into fastboot3ds and won't load the ROMS and such
I had to format that data, so is there anything to be done?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi friends noob question here. im using twilight menu++ to play DS and DSiware games. im having issue on DSiware. i cant exit the game to main menu. i tried L+Down+Select combo but nothing happens same goes for L+R+Down+B combo.
Well because it wasn't supposed to work for DSi games AFAIK, only DS in TWLMenu. You just have to restart your system manually.

Reactions: James01

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So of course something went wrong
It seems the firmware got lost
It boots into fastboot3ds and won't load the ROMS and such
I had to format that data, so is there anything to be done?
How did you end up with fastboot3DS? Which firmware are you on? The same firmware that was on the unmodded 3DS? Or you can't boot into home menu at all?

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you end up with fastboot3DS? Which firmware are you on? The same firmware that was on the unmodded 3DS? Or you can't boot into home menu at all?
I can get to the home screen , but none of the modded stuff is showing up
I had to format the data to get rid of the old Nintendo id to do the tranfer
I get into fast boot with no SD card, so i think the firmware is still there
I did not transfer anything yet

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can get to the home screen , but none of the modded stuff is showing up
I had to format the data to get rid of the old Nintendo id to do the tranfer
I get into fast boot with no SD card, so i think the firmware is still there
I did not transfer anything yet
formatting will get rid of everything. You will need https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-cfw to get it back.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ive done everything in the guide
I have a homebrew icon, fbi, checkpoint, universal updater, anemone
What now?
I figured out how get twilight menu++ back
What about the rest?
So you're back to square one, the reason you started this is to do a system transfer from the unmodded to the modded 3DS,does the unmodded 3DS still has the data on it? Since the transfer failed like you said?

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're back to square one, the reason you started this is to do a system transfer from the unmodded to the modded 3DS,does the unmodded 3DS still has the data on it? Since the transfer failed like you said?
My unmodded 3ds still has all it data"
i couldn't start the tranfer because an old Nintendo id was on the modded one and it wouldn't allow a transfer to take place
I backed up all the mod data before hand when everything was still working
Before there were icons for the various EMU's and 3ds games.
The data is still on the sd card as far as i can tell

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My unmodded 3ds still has all it data"
i couldn't start the tranfer because an old Nintendo id was on the modded one and it wouldn't allow a transfer to take place
I backed up all the mod data before hand when everything was still working
Before there were icons for the various EMU's and 3ds games.
The data is still on the sd card as far as i can tell
Your previous installed 3DS games wouldn't appear on the system after the system transfer, because after it a new 32 character folder will be created inside the "Nintendo 3DS folder" on the root of the sd card, and your 3DS will only recognize the new one & it's contents, which is where your games will be installed. Even if it failed, in your case it seems it created a new folder which is why you can't see your installed games. You can check if there's 2 32 character folders inside N 3DS folder on your sdcard.

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your previous installed 3DS games wouldn't appear on the system after the system transfer, because after it a new 32 character folder will be created inside the "Nintendo 3DS folder" on the root of the sd card, and your 3DS will only recognize the new one & it's contents, which is where your games will be installed. Even if it failed, in your case it seems it created a new folder which is why you can't see your installed games. You can check if there's 2 32 character folders inside N 3DS folder on your sdcard.
I assume you mean the gibberish file like 3ea022130dc72dfd646db75f34084ebc, there were 2 files yes
I didn't engage the transfer process, the system told me to format data from the settings menu BEFORE it would allow tranfer

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean the gibberish file like 3ea022130dc72dfd646db75f34084ebc, there were 2 files yes
I didn't engage the transfer process, the system told me to format data from the settings menu BEFORE it would allow tranfer
And you did format it then and it still failed right? well one of them is your is the one you were using & has your installed games, the one that takes more space is most likely the one, and the other could be an old one then.

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you did format it then and it still failed right? well one of them is your is the one you were using & has your installed games, the one that takes more space is most likely the one, and the other could be an old one then.
I can tell which is which by the size yes
I delete the junk one, but it just keeps making a new one saying "Creating home screen data"

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell which is which by the size yes
I delete the junk one, but it just keeps making a new one saying "Creating home screen data"
Well that's because the old one is no longer being recognized after you formated it. I would suggest you to just reinstall those games instead. But before you do that, backup/and delete that folder and redo the system transfer again.

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well because it wasn't supposed to work for DSi games AFAIK, only DS in TWLMenu. You just have to restart your system manually.
i guess this function is yet to be implement or may not be available at all. thanks for the answer anyways cheers.

Okage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's because the old one is no longer being recognized after you formated it. I would suggest you to just reinstall those games instead. But before you do that, backup/and delete that folder and redo the system transfer again.
Is there any way to at least see what games i have to redownload before i transfer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: https://youtu.be/yzS5lWz0eII?si=jMlZOQEmoAMoxeco