• Views 4,468,221
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

dyuu-88

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi. recently I bought secondhand new 3DS XL, with installed CFW(seller said it is LUMA, dont know the version). but as it is still linked to old owner NintendoID, i pulled out the microsd and perform factory reset. It was my fault to thought that after resetting, I can reuse my old microSD. after googling some answer, it looks like data in the console is encrypted and once it is factory reset, new encryption will takes place. Thus, my old save data and installed game, custom theme, cannot be used anymore..
is there any way that I can use my old save data and installed game again after factory reset? dont really care about theme, but if any way I can reuse all my data is very appreciated

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi. recently I bought secondhand new 3DS XL, with installed CFW(seller said it is LUMA, dont know the version). but as it is still linked to old owner NintendoID, i pulled out the microsd and perform factory reset. It was my fault to thought that after resetting, I can reuse my old microSD. after googling some answer, it looks like data in the console is encrypted and once it is factory reset, new encryption will takes place. Thus, my old save data and installed game, custom theme, cannot be used anymore..
is there any way that I can use my old save data and installed game again after factory reset? dont really care about theme, but if any way I can reuse all my data is very appreciated
*Sigh* another one…
Try an extra function of the CTRTransfer Type D9 script → "search KeyY".

Reactions: dyuu-88 and Kwyjor

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
Just had a real quick (and kinda obvious) question.
I followed the steps on https://3ds.hacks.guide/ to get my 3ds modded, but my current micro SD card is kinda weak sauce.

I would like to eventually get a bigger one...all I should have to do is copy over all the files from my current micro SD card to a new one and I should be golden, right?

Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
Just had a real quick (and kinda obvious) question.
I followed the steps on https://3ds.hacks.guide/ to get my 3ds modded, but my current micro SD card is kinda weak sauce.

I would like to eventually get a bigger one...all I should have to do is copy over all the files from my current micro SD card to a new one and I should be golden, right?

Thanks!
Yes.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you test your new card with h2testw while it is empty.

I often suggest using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier for doing the copying, but it is not strictly necessary.

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you test your new card with h2testw while it is empty.

I often suggest using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier for doing the copying, but it is not strictly necessary.
Thanks for the heads up!
I actually just got my new card and am formatting it now.
I was having issues getting some apps installed/working properly on my smaller one, which I attributed to not having enough space. Hopefully I can get everything going that I want to.
I'll use these tools to be safe.

Thanks!

EDIT: Umm...that Roadkil app is pretty outdated...doesn't even have a windows 10 version.

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up!
I actually just got my new card and am formatting it now.
I was having issues getting some apps installed/working properly on my smaller one, which I attributed to not having enough space. Hopefully I can get everything going that I want to.
I'll use these tools to be safe.

Thanks!

EDIT: Umm...that Roadkil app is pretty outdated...doesn't even have a windows 10 version.
Umm... So I got my new card and got it all set up...but I didn't realize that the New 3DS micro SD size limit was 32gb.... I bought a 64gb card.... I don't suppose there's a way to make the New 3DS compatible with a 64gb micro SD card is there?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Umm... So I got my new card and got it all set up...but I didn't realize that the New 3DS micro SD size limit was 32gb.... I bought a 64gb card.... I don't suppose there's a way to make the New 3DS compatible with a 64gb micro SD card is there?
Simply reformat to FAT-32, up to 2 TB cards should work on 3DS, though it gets increasingly slow the larger you go. 64 GB shouldn't be too bad speed wise.

See 3ds.hacks.guide's formatting instructions:

Galafudd

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
Sorry in advance but I have a few questions.
I got a used 3ds recently (the old og model). It's already hacked with boot9 and Luma.
However, while I'm pretty sure it's a Japanese model, the system settings show it as a PAL console (ver. 11.5E), which leads me to believe the previous owner already did some sort of region change.

I plan on using my NNID I have on my old American console. But from what I've searched, it's not possible to system transfer or re-link an account with consoles from different regions.

So I'd like to ask: Is it dangerous/risky to change regions again?
Or is there another method of linking my NNID to my new system?
Also, can I format the system normally or do I need to mess around with B9S/Luma first?

Tatterz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have N3DS on latest firmware. I dumped my Pokémon Omega Ruby cartridge via GM9 and installed the CIA. Used Checkpoint to take the save off cart to SD card.

The game now crashes with error code 0xd900458b during certain instances. If it tries to load a few certain Pokémon, it crashes. It crashes on both the SD Card version of the game as well as the Cartridge version of the game, so I’m assuming my save file got corrupted somewhere during this process. What can be done?

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m wondering if its possible to remove traces of luma and Fbi and gm9 without returning the console to stock and without a PC or alternatively is it possible to return console to stock without a PC also ?

Using a ‘new’ 3ds xl
Cheers

krazypunkr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get to use the Homebrew Channel without using CFW? Used Ninjhax a long time ago, but looks like support stopped.

Just want to do Pokemon editing to get a glitched Mew from Gen 1 into the Poke Transporter. Prefer not to hack my main 3DS, already have a separate modded one.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get to use the Homebrew Channel without using CFW?
Nope.
Used Ninjhax a long time ago, but looks like support stopped.
There's other methods, none of which are insanely complicated..
Just want to do Pokemon editing to get a glitched Mew from Gen 1 into the Poke Transporter.
Are you sure that's possible?
Prefer not to hack my main 3DS, already have a separate modded one.
Then use the "modded one" to transfer Mew, and then trade it with the stock 3DS? No need to mod the other..

krazypunkr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.

There's other methods, none of which are insanely complicated..

Are you sure that's possible?

Then use the "modded one" to transfer Mew, and then trade it with the stock 3DS? No need to mod the other..
Thanks, was just wondering since times change. Just to let you know, I have used HBC without actually installing CFW thanks to Ninjhax before. Used it to put saves from legally bought digital games into physical copies when I decided to collect.

You can also edit the VC Pokemon game saves with PkHex. Just thought it would be nice to save a few minutes. Trading's a hassle in the old games, and so is the glitch to manually "legalize" Mew.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trading's a hassle in the old games,
Well you said yourself you were gonna use the Poke Transporter, which means it's a much longer process, and from Gen 1 to all the way to Gen 5. Not sure if the VC Red/Blue/Yellow releases still had the glitches or not, but worth considering..

krazypunkr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you said yourself you were gonna use the Poke Transporter, which means it's a much longer process, and from Gen 1 to all the way to Gen 5. Not sure if the VC Red/Blue/Yellow releases still had the glitches or not, but worth considering..
Actually goes Gen 1 to Gen 7, but still a hassle haha. But the hassle is rewarded with Pokemon having Hidden Abilities, so kinda worth it. The glitches do work, on top of at least one new one discovered for Mew. But it's a very long glitch, video that covers it is 12 minutes with cuts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1