Belgium

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Iam not in to details, but this still work with PicHaxx ("Pokemon Picross"). Verified on 11.16, two times now.
Some information from @zoogie :
Pichaxx should still work fine, just change the otherapp to *hax version (the cfg:s ones I made) and use slotTool.3dsx to install usm.

Here's a guide.
https://wiki.hacks.guide/wiki/3DS:Alternate_Exploits/Homebrew_Launcher_(PicHaxx)
Note that you don't have to get your movable.sed or replace the Picross save file, that's already done.
Hint, do all of Section I, and then skip down to Section II, and continue with step 9.

I honestly don't know where that stupid rumor pichaxx got fixed came about. People assuming because one part of an exploit chain gets fixed, they all must be fixed, I guess.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I was deleting game updates from some games that I already uninstalled on FBI and I also tried to update a game via official Nintendo servers and it gave me an error. I have now lost all icons on my 3DS menu for some reason except DSiWare and System apps. I can go to FBI and load every single other game with Titles->Choosing Game->Launch but when I press the Home butrón it gives me a Luma error saying that the cart has been ejected when that is not the case. Every single game appears on my System Settings too. When I run faketik it says "No missing tickets." and it doesn't do anything. The games are there and they work just fine and they don't even have that "X" and are grayed out on System Settings like I've seen in the past. How can I make them appear again on my Home menu if faketik isn't cooperating? I tried "Update HOME Menu icon cache" on Cthulu and it didn't work

Last edited by Chuardo,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Chuardo Your SD seems to have an error or is dying. Else your title.db and import.db on the Card seems to be corrupted wich stores the installed titles on it.
  • Plug your Card into PC and run Powershell chkdsk X: /r (X your driveletter) to check for file and sector errors and correcting them.
  • Additional: Backup your data and run h2testw for permorming a full write and read test. Then reformat it as FAT32 32kb cluster size (or 64kb if it's +64GB card). Finally copy everything back.
  • Pull out the Card by ejecting it, else if there is still a running process in backround it may corrupt the card again.
  • If the title.db and import.db might corrupted there exists the Decrypt9 script to rebuild them. on the Card.
  • Alternative to reset the title.db and import.db: Creating a backup is a must have! This step will delete every installed title key and removes all files (game, dlc, update, homebrew) from the SDCard!
    • Force recreating/reseting the db on SDCard can be done by:
    • Create 2 empty txt files and rename to title.db and import.db in the "Nintendo 3DS/<longID0>/<longID1>/dbs" folder. Or open them in Notepad++ and empty them.
    • Go to data management in settings, 3DS Software, and it should cry about repairing your title.db, then repair it (everything will be removed!). You should be able to install stuff to SD again.
    • Otherway would be, delete the hole Nintendo 3DS folder on the 3DS Card to let the 3DS create a new one. And then reinstall every game, homebrew and/or other stuff.
If nothing helps, you will need a new SDCard.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

What could be the origin of a failure at the firmware backing-up step? (My n3DSis on the penultimate official system update, Luma11, and the Safe9BS was the latest version (redownloaded to be sure). There are 250 free Mo on the SD.)
"firmware backing-up step"? You mean the nand? If so, 250mb is definitely insufficient, you'd need atleast 1.4GB free on your sd card..

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This step is not verified by me and need tested on its own, (it maybe delete every installed stuff on SD):
  • Force recreating the dbs on SDCard, because the databases are stored in Nand and SDCard.
  • Create 2 empty txt files and rename to title.db and import.db in the "Nintendo 3DS/<longID0>/<longID1>/dbs" folder. Or open them in Notepad++ and empty them.
  • go to data management in settings, 3DS Software, and it should cry about repairing your title.db, then repair it. You should be able to install stuff to SD again.
... How in the world did you come up with that!? If it was that easy to fix the db, I expect there would already be instructions for doing so. Don't you think it's a bad idea to suggest methods that are completely unproven?

The established means for rebuilding a database is with the CTRTransfer Type D9 script.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wrote especially "not verified by me". And he dont need to recreate the title.db in Nand, only on SD Card because this is corrupted. So a suggestion doing a CTRTransfer with Decrypt9 isnt a bit big !?!
Source for the recreating tip in this thread.
EDIT: Following this will remove every installed title key and installed files from the SD Card!
@Sono wrote
That's why we need to repair the empty title.db after installing CFW :P

create 2 empty files named title.db and import.db in the "Nintendo 3DS/randomstuff/randomstuff/dbs" folder, go to data management in settings, 3DS Software, and it should cry about repairing your title.db, then repair it.
If the above files exist, then you should be able to install stuff to SD :D

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And he dont need to recreate the title.db in Nand, only on SD Card because this is corrupted. So a suggestion doing a CTRTransfer with Decrypt9 isnt a bit big !?!
Despite the name, the "CTRTransfer Type D9" script does a lot of other things that are not directly related to CTR Transfer, including rebuilding the DB on the SD card.

Reactions: Sypherone

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"firmware backing-up step"? You mean the nand? If so, 250mb is definitely insufficient, you'd need atleast 1.4GB free on your sd card..
I see, I thought that the SafeBSinstaller merely wanted to make a backup of the previous custom firmware file. ^^"
It's the 6th step, saying: "BACKUP STATUS - XXXXX" (here being written in red that it failed).

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, I thought that the SafeBSinstaller merely wanted to make a backup of the previous custom firmware file. ^^"
It's the 6th step, saying: "BACKUP STATUS - XXXXX" (here being written in red that it failed).
Oh, you were trying to update B9S to the latest 1.4 version?
Or were you installing cfw on system?

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty