• Likes 43

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the replies.

The games are all named the same '00000000.app'. Mounting the SD card in a windows PC gives me them in the following path:

Nintendo 3DS\<random string>\<random string>\00040000\<random string, eg 000a5b00> (Game ID?)\content

My intent is to use the roms on Citra Android version. Was hoping the easiest way would be to copy them over from the 3ds sd card to the one for my tablet.

From what you are saying though as they are installed I take it that's not going to work? If that's the case it's not a bother and can go about it another way.

Thanks CoolMe re the heads up on updating bootstrap
that seems to be scribblenauts unlimited.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My intent is to use the roms on Citra Android version. Was hoping the easiest way would be to copy them over from the 3ds sd card to the one for my tablet.

From what you are saying though as they are installed I take it that's not going to work? If that's the case it's not a bother and can go about it another way.
The data on the SD card is encrypted, so no, that's not going to work. That's why you need to use Godmode9, as mentioned above. Alternatively, threeSD is designed explicitly for decrypting SD card data for use with Citra. (threeSD is designed for use in conjunction with a Godmode9 script, but that is not strictly necessary.)

Larfleeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to add original DS game cheats to Checkpoint? I know there are cheats for Custom Robo Arena, as I see them available when I play my back-up with TwiLight, but none came up when I tried to check the cheats list after putting in the physical cartridge and going to Checkpoint to save a list.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, thank you. That tutorial worked perfect. Although I did notice that the Virtual Console game I purchased through the eShop displayed two .app files in the directory through GM9.

Would you happen to know why and which is the right one to dump? Is the larger file an update?

1665586628525.png

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The gamedata is splited in more files and belong together like a splited zip or 7zip archiv. Updates are stored seperate under titles/0004000E/<gameID>. I even dont know if there exist updates for VC games.
game/update/dlc file structur

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It has been a long time since I've done stuff with a 3DS. So I better ask here, just to be safe.

I've ordered a New 2DS XL since my old 3DS XL isn't working right anymore. Can I just copy/paste all the stuff on my old SD and place it on the New SD - for the 2DS XL? So all my games are still installed and ready to play?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered a New 2DS XL since my old 3DS XL isn't working right anymore. Can I just copy/paste all the stuff on my old SD and place it on the New SD - for the 2DS XL? So all my games are still installed and ready to play?
Nope, you need to either do system transfer to transfer everything including your NNID, or if you still have those cia files (games) you can copy/paste them to the new sd and install them with fbi. Since your old 3ds xl is not functioning, system transfer and dumping your installed games are not an option. Same for saves, if you didn't back them up with Checkpoint, it's is a bit complicated to decrypt your saves..

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nope, you need to either do system transfer to transfer everything including your NNID, or if you still have those cia files (games) you can copy/paste them to the new sd and install them with fbi. Since your old 3ds xl is not functioning, system transfer and dumping your installed games are not an option. Same for saves, if you didn't back them up with Checkpoint, it's is a bit complicated to decrypt your saves..
Thank you very much, that's all I wanted to know. =D

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Zephir1991 No, the installed files on the SDCard (e.g. games, updates, dlc, extdata, savedata..) in the /Nintendo 3DS Folder are decrypted with a unique system ID and bound to the system. If you cant proceed a systemtransfer, they need dumped before with godemode9 and reinstalled on the new system. For the extdata and savedata can Checkpoint be used.

reidling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I was to perform i a system transfer, would the target ds be CFW’d? Or would I have to system transfer and then re do the CFW? What would happen to all my installed cias? Would I have to retrieve the original files?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@reidling No, the target DS will not be CFW automatically and has to be done manually. Every homebrew stuff on the target system on none CFW console will diseaper or not work.
I relate to the previous last 4 posts.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was to perform i a system transfer, would the target ds be CFW’d? Or would I have to system transfer and then re do the CFW? What would happen to all my installed cias?
Pirated games will not transfer over. And you need to install cfw on the target 3ds either before or after doing the transfer, if you want to install homebrew etc. Though if you did the system transfer after you cfw'd the target system, pirated games will transfer.
Would I have to retrieve the original files?
You mean dump them? Sure.. But if they're legit, you really don't need to. Otherwise, yes, you can reinstall them with fbi once you have the cia files..

Reactions: Sypherone

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pirated games will not transfer over. And you need to install cfw on the target 3ds either before or after doing the transfer, if you want to install homebrew etc. Though if you did the system transfer after you cfw'd the target system, pirated games will transfer.
Not sure why you're saying this..? System Transfer does not transfer illegitimate tickets, but also does not delete software installed via .cia from the SD card. Unless I'm gravely mistaken, one simply has to run Faketik after doing the System Transfer, regardless of whether CFW is installed before or after the transfer.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you're saying this..? System Transfer does not transfer illegitimate tickets, but also does not delete software installed via .cia from the SD card. Unless I'm gravely mistaken, one simply has to run Faketik after doing the System Transfer, regardless of whether CFW is installed before or after the transfer.
What i meant by that is that they wouldn't appear/ work if the target system didn't have cfw, yes, the files themselves will transfer.
How can a stock system run faketik? And even it's done with something like ntrboot to get an entry point to run faketik, would those pirated games work on a stock system once you install the fake tickets, even without cfw?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What i meant by that is that they wouldn't appear/ work if the target system didn't have cfw, yes, the files themselves will transfer.
How can a stock system run faketik? And even it's done with something like ntrboot to get an entry point to run faketik, would those pirated games work on a stock system once you install the fake tickets, even without cfw?
Fake tickets are still fake tickets and don't have a valid signature. They are enough for having the titles appear, even on stock firmware. Starting... no: You'll get a generic error message. Something like "The software could not be started. Please re-download it from the eShop."

The only titles that can be started without CFW and without buying them on the eShop, are those with universal legit signature. I've seen fraudsters sell seemingly unmodified consoles for inflated prices due to "many games installed". Strangely enough it is always the same set of games: Those that exist as universal legit CIA...

Reactions: CoolMe and Kwyjor

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To clarify, as long as you're using the same SD card, you can install CFW on the new system -> do a System Transfer from the old system -> run Faketik, or alternatively do a System Transfer -> install CFW -> run Faketik. As I understand it, the end result is the same.

(I suppose if you're using the kind of System Transfer that actually copies all the data wirelessly from one 3DS to the other without swapping SD cards, then only legitimate titles will transfer even if CFW is installed or not – but that's an enormously slow way of doing a System Transfer.)

ETA: Doing a System Transfer before installing CFW does save you the trouble of having to use Seedminer again.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom