• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 62,719
  • Replies 623
  • Likes 2

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Anw guys...can you imagine the DS games again that Streched? :si mean its not like DSXL.
We will have to play in native resolution and its gonna be like GBc again lol ;p
And 3ds games wont get streched a bit? well maybe not due to the same hardware anw
Not really looking forward for this due to second cicle pad missing and the buttons are like the DSL
3ds buttons click while im 100% sure these one will be like lite.i highly second this
Yes, stretched DS mode will look like gigantic molten Lego blocks on the 3dsXL. :ha:
However...
Native resolution DS mode will have a screen diagonal size of 3.34 inches (according to my math) -- larger than the orig 3ds in normal-size DS blur mode (3 inches).
So, overall, the 3dsXL DS experience should be pretty good. :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, I first thought that it was awful-looking, then noticed the nice matte finish. I still like my 3DS more (I haven't used it that much, though).

I could still get one for MH4 multiplayer... Dunno. No 2nd analog stick is really a downer :(

Reactions: 2 people

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember how when the first 3DS was released and Nintendo quited any claims of revisions saying that it took a long time for them to make this and that any revision would be hard to do

Almost a year later, and voila.

Glad i waited, i'd still pick up a 3DS, some great games on it, and many more coming.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I remember how when the first 3DS was released and Nintendo quited any claims of revisions saying that it took a long time for them to make this and that any revision would be hard to do

Almost a year later, and voila.

Glad i waited, i'd still pick up a 3DS, some great games on it, and many more coming.
A lot expected a Lite, but I went straight for XL.

Sure enough.

The XL is simply a larger version of the 3DS. It will not kill the present one in any way.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
It's impossible to make a lite version, I can't believe how people actually believed that.
Scanning through some opinions on sites, it seems like most people doesn't really care and agree that it's just a big and ugly 3DS with lost opportunities.
It's a goldmine for trolling though. :rofl2:

The only ones who actually will be getting this are people that never take their 3DS's outside. So good for you I guess.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's impossible to make a lite version, I can't believe how people actually believed that.
Scanning through some opinions on sites, it seems like most people doesn't really care and agree that it's just a big and ugly 3DS with lost opportunities.
It's a goldmine for trolling though. :rofl2:

The only ones who actually will be getting this are people that never take their 3DS's outside. So good for you I guess.
It's part of marketing.

Those who do not have a 3DS but intend to buy one can choose between the small and the XL.

Reactions: 3 people

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes we already struggle to to work and now new shit?i thought they said they would never make new models with this
This is easy,what the shit.And i bought it this xmas understand the frustration..And im satisfied with this shit they make
Look at the buttons.is it gonna be like 3DS or like lite?No second pad?what the fack lol.
4GB sd? lol i get 16GB with 15 euro.The resolution is gonna be the same i suppose...Nothing to improve on Specs?
lol then fack you ninty.About the touchsceen prob with the upper scren i solved this with a piece of plastic.like the case it came with?that flexible plastic thingy.No scratch at all

you probably should cool down dude...

I don't really get the "frustration" thing... you got your 3DS, it works, you should be happy. The whole thing about Nintendo lying is... ridiculous. Since when do you consider a major company as you would consider your friends or relatives? I mean, I hate to be the one to break the news, but Nintendo only want's to make money, cause that's what a business is all about. So what the fuck is it about bouhou Nintendo lied??!! If you guys think they're your buddies your either 12 years old or retarded.

"Yes we already struggle to to work and now new shit" ?!??!!!??? Are you seriously putting the terrible situation of your country on an equal balance with the launch of a video handled??? Are you crazy? Are you stupid??? You sound like some spoiled kid who repeats what he hears around him without even understanding. If you were able to buy a 3DS for Christmas you should be ok.

It's been a long time since someone shocked me on a forum. Kudos!

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf nintendo !!!!!! U should have announced this at e3 i bought a dsi xl and 3ds a couple days after e3 fml!!!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a million dollar question for you. If its that much bigger how are you gonna fit it in your pocket to street pass with it? hahahaha

You know that's a good question. I thought they were following the XL of it being more of a home-handheld device, but this street pass thing sorta raises a question. Is it meant for streetpassing?

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes we already struggle to to work and now new shit?i thought they said they would never make new models with this
This is easy,what the shit.And i bought it this xmas understand the frustration..And im satisfied with this shit they make
Look at the buttons.is it gonna be like 3DS or like lite?No second pad?what the fack lol.
4GB sd? lol i get 16GB with 15 euro.The resolution is gonna be the same i suppose...Nothing to improve on Specs?
lol then fack you ninty.About the touchsceen prob with the upper scren i solved this with a piece of plastic.like the case it came with?that flexible plastic thingy.No scratch at all

I don't really get the "frustration" thing... you got your 3DS, it works, you should be happy. The whole thing about Nintendo lying is... ridiculous. Since when do you consider a major company as you would consider your friends or relatives? I mean, I hate to be the one to break the news, but Nintendo only want's to make money, cause that's what a business is all about. So what the fuck is it about bouhou Nintendo lied??!! If you guys think they're your buddies your either 12 years old or retarded.

"Yes we already struggle to to work and now new shit" ?!??!!!??? Are you seriously putting the terrible situation of your country on an equal balance with the launch of a video handled??? Are you crazy? Are you stupid??? You sound like some spoiled kid who repeats what he hears around him without even understanding. If you were able to buy a 3DS for Christmas you should be ok.

Its not that.Some ppl suffer to gather up money due to the difficulties of their country.I got mine from ebay this xmas cause that the only days that work really flourish in my country(easter too).So if you were in my case (a nintendo handheld lover;p) and with hard earned work money maybe you could understand better.Dont get me wrong everyone in here might have rl problems but its a bit worse i think in my country AND i was more pissed that there was no 2nd pad than getting it.

I never said Ninty is our friends.Its a company and a company is called company cause it sells and creates new products.Everything in this worls comes around this right? so get out from that group.

Maybe my expression from my frustration was different from what i really wanted to mean

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Now I may actually buy it. I own a ds lite and dsixl and I much prefer the xl for the screen. I don't own a 3ds yet, so I may pick this one up.

Also, I knew this was gonna come out sooner or later. It was quite obvious.

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

Its not that.Some ppl suffer to gather up money due to the difficulties of their country.I got mine from ebay this xmas cause that the only days that work really flourish in my country(easter too).So if you were in my case (a nintendo handheld lover;p) and with hard earned work money maybe you could understand better.Dont get me wrong everyone in here might have rl problems but its a bit worse i think in my country AND i was more pissed that there was no 2nd pad than getting it.

I never said Ninty is our friends.Its a company and a company is called company cause it sells and creates new products.Everything in this worls comes around this right? so get out from that group.

Maybe my expression from my frustration was different from what i really wanted to mean

... ok.

I probably overreacted myself, but I was genuinely shocked to see both things side by side.

Still, sorry for the comments.

Have faith et bon courage!

Cheers mate.

KrzyInuYasha

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very nice to see this, I have a DS Lite and while I like it the small screens made it hard for me to game for longer then 15min before my eye sight would start to blur. Got a DS XL a year ago and have been able to play it for up to teo hours before I have to stop. Have been hoping a XL version of the 3DS would come out ever since I played a friends and wanted to get one. And before people say get glasses I have them all ready and the script is up to date. Just the distance (12"-18" from face) I need to hold the DS Lite and 3DS to read text on the screens tends to let my eyes focus on pixels so I get more eye strain. the XL sereis lets me get it away to about 24" so I can still read the text and not have my eyes focus on tiny pixels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"