Hacking 3dslink / r4i 3ds / orange 3ds not updatable?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,026
  • Replies 30

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly Ryukouki, even if they are/arent upgradable, it will probably be a long while before it will have any relevance, and if we never get off 4.1-4.5, it will have no relevance at all

We can always ask the question, but there really is no point at this time. ;) By the time a new patch comes out, there's most likely going to be more cartridges, and a hardware fix could more than likely fix the issue and people wouldn't even bat an eyelash in the long run, lol. Again this is wild speculation, I don't have a crystal ball equipped at the moment... :unsure:

Reactions: tHciNc

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly Ryukouki, even if they are/arent upgradable, it will probably be a long while before it will have any relevance, and if we never get off 4.1-4.5, it will have no relevance at all, and Im referring to the software in the cart as the hardware to stop confusion with the software launcher, and thats what the op is getting at, the software inside the cart isnt upgradable, sorry for the vagueness lol

That really doesn't matter. The card does nothing really but listen to the launcher. Hell you don't need to cart to boot into the launcher. Currently the launcher only works on 4.1-4.5. If there is a way to get the launcher to work on other firmwares it will be due to a new entry exploit to load the launcher off the SD card.

So yeah, you can't upgrade the firmware of the cart itself, for either the gateway or r4i, because there's no need to. Any modifications/features are going to be on the 3ds side of things, and the launcher looks for the cart. If something for some reason changes for that, it will need to be the launcher that is modified.

D

Deleted User

OP
ok i asked the reseller for some more info, he says its about the FPGA. and r4i team is having problems with supporting NAND Savegames because it requires an FPGA update, not a launcher update

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well i'm not pretty sure it this like this but let's say the card has a kind of bios, this controls everything related to the way the card boots, right? what if you need to upgrade it to add new functions to the card itself? What you have this bios on a rom chip instead of for example a nand one? Could they mean any of the sort??

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If XYZ feature isn't available on XYZ card, and you really really want that feature. Just wait. Honestly it's the best thing to do to save yourself from regretting a purchase. A company, whether small or possibly shady or a huge corporation, saying they'll try and add it at a later date isn't a 100% guarantee and especially so in the hacking/modding market when more often than not, things dont always go according to plan.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read somewhere that the ASIC chip draws 3.2 Volts. I thought it was 3.3 Volts. This is such a deal breaker for me!

Seriously people, get a life. You can pirate so many games for only $40 if in future other advance cards are released, just buy them as well? How cheap can we get?

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i asked the reseller for some more info, he says its about the FPGA. and r4i team is having problems with supporting NAND Savegames because it requires an FPGA update, not a launcher update

Why don't ask R4i team directly rather than asked the reseller for those info/news, or it's just the rumor made by yourself, just curious who is that reseller though.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
easy solution is to ask the "reseller" if gateway has the same problem. hell you could ask gateway as well. the cards are pretty much identical so they'd have the issue too.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably the reseller is making larger profits on the Gateway and want you to buy that.... Please don't post things "someone" said to you, there are plenty of rumors already floating in the wild.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fact is all 3DS flashcards need a FPGA update to support CARD2 games. It's not impossible to implement this over software, but for that the firmware must be patched as hell and the games probably too. To much work.

The "clones" are old rev. 6-8 R4i Gold cards with an 4 MB flash. Compare the pcb's. They are most likely updatable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball