luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
Ok i wanna remove multitasking from the jailbreak, do i just do redsn0w again?
You can just edit the plist file, no need to re-jailbreak.

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard/ then extract the file N82AP.plist

Open it up in Notepad+ and scroll down until you see multi-tasking then below it, it should say , just change it to false.

Save the file, copy it back onto your device and reboot

I would reccomend using iPhoneBrowser to SSH into your device via USB to access the files.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Is there anyway I can update to 4.0 without loseing my jailbroken apps and stuff? Cause the apps aren't on my iTunes and it would be a pain to download all of them again. By the way I have a 3rd gen iPod touch with 3.1.3 jailbroken.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
_Burai_ said:
Is there anyway I can update to 4.0 without loseing my jailbroken apps and stuff? Cause the apps aren't on my iTunes and it would be a pain to download all of them again. By the way I have a 3rd gen iPod touch with 3.1.3 jailbroken.
Unfortunately, you'll need to download them all again. But the iOS 4.0 jailbreak isn't even out for the iPod touch 3G yet anyways.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Darn... I heard that you could do it with this thing called idevicerestore... Guess I'll just wait for a while
then

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, idevicerestore is only meant for installing firmwares (useful for the Linux folks, since iTunes for Linux doesn't exist), and possibly leaving vulnerabilities open for jailbreaking.

And I kinda jumped the gun a bit about having to re-download the apps. I overlooked that Rock has the ability to save your jailbreak apps to your RockID. (Rock uses the same sources and such as Cydia.) Unless you mean cracked App Store apps, which you can save to your computer by SSHing.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
And I kinda jumped the gun a bit about having to re-download the apps. I overlooked that Rock has the ability to save your jailbreak apps to your RockID. (Rock uses the same sources and such as Cydia.)
If you don't want to switch package managers, you can simply use PkgBackup.

QUOTEUnless you mean cracked App Store apps, which you can save to your computer by SSHing.
Or the much easier and automatic solution of AppSync.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ever since I jailbroke I've been wondering what terminal does, is it like some control? And how do you "use" appsync? I didn't even know I had it :wtf:

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
But how do you get appsync to work? does it work automatically cause when I connect to iTunes nothing happens except the normal things :/

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
MobileTerminal is a command line application.
It's a terminal emulator. It allows you to input text-based commands directly to the command line.

QUOTEBut how do you get appsync to work? does it work automatically cause when I connect to iTunes nothing happens except the normal things :/
It allows iTunes to sync applications from it's library to the iDevice.

What it does is patch the daemon (MobileInstallation) responsible for authenticating applications against purchases on your account. Without that authentication, your device will accept all cracked IPAs being synced from the iTunes library.

_Burai_

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Urza said:
Dialexio said:
MobileTerminal is a command line application.
It's a terminal emulator. It allows you to input text-based commands directly to the command line.

QUOTEBut how do you get appsync to work? does it work automatically cause when I connect to iTunes nothing happens except the normal things :/
It allows iTunes to sync applications from it's library to the iDevice.

What it does is patch the daemon (MobileInstallation) responsible for authenticating applications against purchases on your account. Without that authentication, your device will accept all cracked IPAs being synced from the iTunes library.

ohhh now I get it thanks! I thought that it transfered apps fro
iPod to iTunes :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    JakobAir @ JakobAir: The bush does offer helpful advice.