GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't seen this anywhere so I thought I'd post this info. I was searching around the chinese www.gbalpha.com site and found that the 4.6e loader and the Mediaextendplayer v. 3.1 had been released. From the translation I got it looks like the new loader supports the new Mediaextend. It says the loader for GBA is still in V4.4 and the loader for NDS is at 4.6f. Apparently the new Media extend has better support for DPG and DPM movies..but due to the translation the technical stuff was hard to understand. It also has different ways of showing JPEG images. The ebook reader seems to be the same. The GUI is new and has a few new options but I'm not sure what they do yet.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Some of us have been aware of the Chinese Loader and Extend updates for sometime. However, since the vast majority of our forum use "English" models, it seems pointless to post news of an update that far too few are concerned with (sorry G6 Lite Chinese owners). At least, that's my personal standpoint for not posting it. If this were a new version of U-Disk, which is English and Chinese, then yes, you would have seen a news post around the same time.

Team G6/M3 return from vacation next week, so hopefully we'll see the updates for M3 Game Manager, G6 U-Disk and M3DSS/R4 System files soon afterwards. What those update will entail...good question. Wait and see.

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really hope they finally update the English version of the loader.
Not that it´s not going smoothly as it is, it´s just that it would be good to know that the G6/M3 team haven´t forgotten about this product.

Since we are talking about a Slot 2 card, updates are mandatory, especially when new games are released which aren´t immediately supported by the current firmware.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I hate to state the obvious yet again, but for anyone still depending solely on a slot-2 for DS playback, start combing the reviews for a slot-1 as soon as possible. I would personally be shocked, if most flash card makers continue to support their slot-2 products through the fall season.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Although I have an English G6, I'm still interested in hearing about updates for the Chinese version, if for no other reason than to start fuming regarding the delay in updating the English version!

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, I hate to state the obvious yet again, but for anyone still depending solely on a slot-2 for DS playback, start combing the reviews for a slot-1 as soon as possible. I would personally be shocked, if most flash card makers continue to support their slot-2 products through the fall season.
I think this is a little extreme. I doubt that developers will just turn their backs on their rather successful devices. I understand that they have to focus on their Slot 1 solutions, since they could be considered "the future" of the DS scene, but albeit I do not think that they´ll stop updating the Slot 1-cards altogether. Updates will most likely become less and less frequent, but it would be a stupid move to let it die altogether.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some of us have been aware of the Chinese Loader and Extend updates for sometime. However, since the vast majority of our forum use "English" models, it seems pointless to post news of an update that far too few are concerned with (sorry G6 Lite Chinese owners). At least, that's my personal standpoint for not posting it. If this were a new version of U-Disk, which is English and Chinese, then yes, you would have seen a news post around the same time.

Team G6/M3 return from vacation next week, so hopefully we'll see the updates for M3 Game Manager, G6 U-Disk and M3DSS/R4 System files soon afterwards. What those update will entail...good question. Wait and see.

I think it's reassuring that the G6 team is still creating updates for the G6 and particularly mediaextend. I'm sure it takes time and effort for the g6 team to translate their software to english and perhaps the time previously used for the translation has been used to program for the slot-1 cards. Additionally the lack of updates is an incentive for western users to update to slot-1 solutions so it may be a marketing decision.

I'm hoping that the mediaextend software package is brought over to the slot-1 products. Some parts of it are superior to the moonshell packaged with the R4/M3 Simply.

midget35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm absolutely interested in any updates - chinese or otherwise. please continue to do so gamegeezer, if at all possible.

many thanks

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely hope they release the updated Mediaextend in English. Sounds like it's based on a more recent version of Moonshell. 1.5 maybe. That'd be very nice.

Actually, I just wish they'd release the source code to their version and tell us how to create our own binaries that can load throught the Mediaplay-Extend button. In fact, release the source to the whole firmware while they're at it. That's what these companies ought to do when they stop supporting their hardware.

...word is bondage...

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I posted this in another topic but it might be interesting for those of you with Chinese G6's and those who don't. In order to read the linked sites in english you're going to have to bable fish them:

I saw a news posting at Gbalpha at this address: http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_news/.../2007-03/40.htm (It's in simplified chinese so you'll need to convert it using bablefish if you don't read chinese) They said they are launching a new offering called the "video and music charm box" on 3/28/06 to coincide with the launch of the G6DS real and the M3 real. The service will offer DSM 1.0 and DSM 2.0 videos. I think it's some sort of movie and tv offering. The posting said that the G6 Lite and other GBalpha products will continue to be supported for this service so I'm assuming updates will continue for game support as well. It also said that the R4 and M3 simply will not be supported for this service.

The loader for the G6 has already been updated to 4.6e on the chinese side so I'm assuming that their time has been consumed getting the new hardware ready for launch and setting up the service mentioned in the last paragraph. I imagine updates will be more regular once they are done.

They also posted a company business plan for 2007 on this page: http://www.gbalpha.com/China/GBalpha_news/.../2006-12/37.htm

It lists the G6 Lite as one of it's key products for 2007 so there is hope.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol. Copy the link and go to www.altavista.com. Under the search area it says bable fish translation, click that.
At the bottom of the next box it says: Translate a web page. Copy your link into that area. On the pull down menu where it says Translate to and from select Simp Chinese to English. Then click translate and watch the magic. It's still a rough read but at least it's in english.

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the life of me I cannot find a download link to the software. The one I found sends me to a 404 error page. Perhaps it's not out yet?

The Official page lacks the update.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is right but is seemed like I could use download links successfully in the regular web pages but could not on the bablefish translations....it sent me to the wrong place. If you have the chinese page for the product up the download links were two links next to each other in the middle of the page. Watch your status screen while you check the links on the page and you'll figure out which one is the right one.

In short: This is the link for 4.6e http://www.gbalpha.com/China/gbalpha_downl...D=1&SoftID=2763

and this is the link for the new mediaextend: http://www.gbalpha.com/China/gbalpha_downl...D=1&SoftID=2764

Note: You need 4.6e to use the new mediaextend. It won't work with earlier versions of the loader...and it will only work if you have a chinese G6 Lite. I won't work with english versions.....yet.

GameGeezer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's still a rough read but at least it's in english.

I've heard new-to-English foreigners have better grammar than what it spits out... this goes for any language coming out of a computer-based translator.

I think it depends what language it is trying to translate and how closely the grammar structure of the language being translated relates to your language. I took a couple of years of Chinese and the logic of the grammar structure is very different from english so when a translator like bablefish translates the words the grammar structure differences are still there making the translation a chore to understand even though the words are in english.

I'm sure these translators will be better (smarter) in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1