4IFIR vs. Switch OC Suite real benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Of course everyones entitled to their own opinions and if people know the facts and still chose to use 4ifir, that is their right.

tho... i personally wouldnt.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You would be surprised how people that think they have achieved nothing in life can hang on any fame. That's why there are so many sick people doing outrageous stuff on TikTok, etc.

And many of them are getting easily addicted to it, so much that they start believing their own lies that they made up for years. And until they reach lowest bottom of their life, they are not able to discern the truth from imagination - or in better case, they are aware of that, but they believe there is no other way than make up more lies.

That's why discussion with such people is pointless. Either time will come when they will understand that they must change, or they will die believing that they were always right.
There is nothing more to say really.
I think the topic should be closed, since there are already the "alternative facts" people entering the thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is nothing more to say really.
I think the topic should be closed, since there are already the "alternative facts" people entering the thread.
who? :D me? sorry but i was here on the biggest drama and now i don't believe any of the sides in this story because you all are crazy. Best thing to do is just check the OC solutions yourself if someone is interested in oc just be careful and trust noone :D

• Haha
Reactions: ImgBrk

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Just let someone independent run tests with both and then record the results at roughly equal overclocking settings (i'm aware of the recordings from previous pages). We will see which solution delivers more performance.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Just let someone independent run tests with both and then record the results at roughly equal overclocking settings (i'm aware of the recordings from previous pages). We will see which solution delivers more performance.
If a person wants an OC Nintendo Switch, just go there and test both. It's just 2 tools, it will not take long to decide.

It is way easier to test yourself than it is to find an impartial individual on that subject to run tests for you. Both sides here are clearly out of tone, and that is not something new, it's something that is dragging for years on this forums.

Reactions: Lamcza

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"roughly equal overclocking settings". If clocks are in fact the same, then performance is the same. Issue is about stability & real frequencies. Second is figured out thanks to RetroNX, so we don't need to run any tests to see when clocks are fake (except when those calculations are bugged, but this is still in beta stage).
So only thing that remains are RAM stability tests + power draw tests.

For RAM stability test just run any intensive GPU game for more than 20 minutes.

Last edited by masagrator,

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Cooler wrote this on his telegram.
Do you really want something like this on your switch?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025_144052_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025_144052_Telegram.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by swutch,
Reactions: BasedKiliK

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cooler wrote this on his discord.
Any screenshot of the original post?

EDIT: Or PM me the channel name and date and I can check for myself

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler wrote this on his discord.
Yeah, this is roughly par the course for the stuff he says, also on his Telegram.

He doesn't want others forking his own projects, and this is a hunch, because there's some bad stuff he's inserted that he doesn't want people knowing about. Otherwise he wouldn't have walled everything behind a Telegram of all places.

Some wise words regarding Integrity:

He who is dishonest in little, is dishonest in much.

EDIT: Redraz also has his own 4IFIR fork, and that lead to some additional drama I didn't bother delving into, probably related to that screenshot.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I got silently banned from the group just after voicing my concerns about the included malware, telemetry, plans to invade the news applet and override it with Cooler's ramblings and the lack of source code (all information that came directly from Cooler's mouth) and constant bullying directed towards other scene members; my post was removed, no feedback at all.
I switched to OC Suite a while ago once I heard about the malware (which I bet is BS anyway) and will never look back.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
If the bricking code stuff is true as in he said that (doubtful there is actually bricking code of the scale he claims) then that is a massive red flag and there should be a big, fat warning here. Maybe a sticky thread.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If the bricking code stuff is true as in he said that (doubtful there is actually bricking code of the scale he claims) then that is a massive red flag and there should be a big, fat warning here. Maybe a sticky thread.
All I need is proof if so and I will take it up with the other staff. We really dont like brick code or virus behaviour

• Haha
Reactions: Bricked

Bricked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I need is proof if so and I will take it up with the other staff. We really dont like brick code or virus behaviour

Now you want to act? The time has long passed. The staff were warned many many times about this cancerous behavior. Some examples from myself here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4ifir-p...0mhz-ram-2400mhz.604560/page-34#post-10105216

https://gbatemp.net/threads/4ifir-p...0mhz-ram-2400mhz.604560/page-35#post-10107274

I warned about code violations and scammy websites repeatedly and the only thing you did was delete my posts, even in dm the reply from you was to "grow up" and that's it. Many other users have also warned you in the past. Great job!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I warned about code violations and scammy websites repeatedly and the only thing you did was delete my posts, even in dm the reply from you was to "grow up" and that's it. Many other users have also warned you in the past. Great job!
We have confirmed it didn't install any crypto on anyones computer (I dumped the site plus dumped RAM during the process back then).

Idiot behavior for not releasing the source code have made it so he ain't allowed to post 4IFIR here so yes, we have taken action. But not severe to go flat out ban him for it or even give a PSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted...