576p on component on Wii U

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can confirm this problem. For whatever reason vWii refuses to use progressive mode over component which is really unfortunate – some Wii U had failed HDMI which means falling back to the analog option.

It’s shocking how they messed this up. I need to get in touch with Nintendo since this is a major bug.

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s shocking how they messed this up. I need to get in touch with Nintendo since this is a major bug.
Overclocked I've been able to get CRF 13 working on 576p (Blu-ray quality in H.264) and it looks really, really good in HDMI (CRF 14 worked on a lot of content without needing overclocking). For context, CRF 13 on 576p will look better than CRF 33 on 720p despite the higher resolution.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you think they will be impressed when you contact them about this? Nintendo doesn't care for customers anymore and never cared for the Wii U since it didn't sell well.

I'm always happy to see people making the most of older devices instead of going for the "latest and greatest".

A full-fledged media player for the Wii U, not vWii would be an awesome thing to have. But it would take some developers, who don't think: "Who cares? There are 1000s of better/newer devices!" For the majority interest in such things faded away… since every BS "smart TV" can do such things now – opposed to when the Wii (or the first XBox) got unofficial software.

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think they will be impressed when you contact them about this? Nintendo doesn't care for customers anymore and never cared for the Wii U since it didn't sell well.

I'm always happy to see people making the most of older devices instead of going for the "latest and greatest".

A full-fledged media player for the Wii U, not vWii would be an awesome thing to have. But it would take some developers, who don't think: "Who cares? There are 1000s of better/newer devices!" For the majority interest in such things faded away… since every BS "smart TV" can do such things now – opposed to when the Wii (or the first XBox) got unofficial software.
I got into figuring out how to optimise 576p video for the app mostly out of curiosity about what the best (lowest value) CRF was possible in 576p.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of...