Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the 20th of this month, it will be 6 months with my first ever girlfriend. It has been a wonderful time so far but I am not sure if I should do something to celebrate 6 months. We havent celebrated any other events so far in the relationship but I was just wondering what the general opinion of celebrating should be. She was not particularly enthused about valentines, and apart from that there has been nothing much else so far for special occasions. Any opinion is appreciated.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You could always go with a bouquet of flowers. I have yet to see a girl who didn't appreciate flowers. Seriously, that shit works.

Edgedancer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
You could always go with a bouquet of flowers. I have yet to see a girl who didn't appreciate flowers. Seriously, that shit works.
I am aware of that but I have done flowers a few times. Also, I will probably be unable to actually see her for the actual day, as I have university commitments.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm... Dinner? Eating out in Australia is expensive hence you might consider cooking. Even if you fail in cooking skills at least your girlfriend might know that you put in effort on it.
wink.gif

But to be on the safe side, just spend if needed.
tongue.gif

Edgedancer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
Erm... Dinner? Eating out in Australia is expensive hence you might consider cooking. Even if you fail in cooking skills at least your girlfriend might know that you put in effort on it.
wink.gif

But to be on the safe side, just spend if needed.
tongue.gif
I am a decent cook, though I would be more comfortable going out somewhere. Its not really about whether I have ideas but more about whether I should do something or not.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You could try getting her some chocolates in a box, carefully open the box and place a note in it saying anything romantic and reseal the box, or order a special heart shaped cake if you guys are in love.

There is a little special gift I always think of giving my fiancee (our relationship will reach the 4 year old mark on 10th July btw), maybe you might want to give it a shot, it may sound cheesy but it must work!!
Buy a hand mirror and place it in a box with a card in the box. The card should read "In this mirror you'll see the image of the most Beautiful woman in the world"

Good Luck Pal
yay.gif
! May your relationship blossom like mine!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ask her? Or tell her what she means to you. Just don't creep her out. Find a scenic route and spend a sunset with her. Oh, write her a story. You're great at that!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Girls love it when guys cook for them. Anyone can take a person out to eat, but we like the effort guys put in when they cook for us.

You can also take her stargazing if she's that type of girl. Nothing is more breathtaking than the night sky and what's beyond it. Who other to share that breathtaking moment with than your girlfriend?
wink.gif

All in all, girls like effort. Think of something sweet to do after you two eat that she isn't used to.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Girls love it when guys cook for them. Anyone can take a person out to eat, but we like the effort guys put in when they cook for us.
Unless the girl's my ex. Cooked her a steak dinner on the BBQ for her birthday (a meal I know she loves), she complained the entire time ("It's not cooked enough!" (I love medium rare, and she said she doesn't care how it's done), "What is this gross seasoning you put on these?" (Alpine Touch, Google it)). Then again, some people are just ungrateful.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Unless the girl's my ex. Cooked her a steak dinner on the BBQ for her birthday (a meal I know she loves), she complained the entire time ("It's not cooked enough!" (I love medium rare, and she said she doesn't care how it's done), "What is this gross seasoning you put on these?" (Alpine Touch, Google it)). Then again, some people are just ungrateful.

Well, she is an ex girlfriend
wink.gif

Not all women like it, true, but the majority does. Unless they're a chef >_>

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Skyline969 said:

Well, she is an ex girlfriend
wink.gif

Not all women like it, true, but the majority does. Unless they're a chef >_>
Bahaha, she was far from a chef. But yes, not everyone likes a home cooked meal from their SO. And yeah, she's an ex now.
wink.gif

OP, she was one of the very few who dislike a meal from their SO. You cook for her, she's going to love it. It doesn't have to be something elaborate like steak, just make something you're good at making.

Edgedancer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I just saw her for it. Bought her some nice flowers and a pearl bracelet and earing combo. just rocked up at her house and surprised her. Nothing major happened but it was nice. I left early because she was obviously tired but too polite to say so. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to out trip mid-august even more now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu