• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

A Compilation of News Channels Reading off a Script

ownedlol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you feel about this clip?
It almost feels too surreal to be real... but then you remember it's real and it's frightening.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this.

EDIT: No clue why it started the video towards the end, but hopefully it's fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by ownedlol,

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just find it funny lol.
It needs more "videogames make everyone violent, and thus we should ban them" though
THISISEXTREMELYDANGEROUSTOOURDEMOCRACY

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually hilarious. They all just copy each other word for word.
The scary part is they aren't copying, they're all local news stations that have been bought out by Sinclair, a right wing media giant. There are two reasons it's scary: the first is, notice the news networks they're affiliated with. Everything from CNN to Fox News is represented, along with everything in between. When Sinclair buys a local station, suddenly there is no such thing as a "diverse" or "unbiased" news source, you just hear stories and content that Sinclair WANTS you to hear, spoken by personalities you've grown to trust. The second is, listen to the overall message. While it may seem reasonable (heck, I agree that no one should be trusting Facebook as a news source, for instance), you also need to understand that the underlying message is "Everyone else is potentially lying. Get your information from us and ONLY us or you're risking being misinformed by Fake News"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D