• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

A dangerous blithering idiot was on TV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link you posted showing how doctors put UV light directly into peoples veins, is referencing fraudsters.
No. Not fraudsters. DOCTORS. STUDIES. Because the direct-to-vein device isn't approved by the FDA yet. The external method IS approved treatment from the FDA. Most studies after the 1950s are in Russian, and not translated, but there have been at least 131 studies. Curious why people are so hung up on the fact that the original trials are so old. When is the last time you saw new trials on penicillin? Are you going to question its effectiveness?

But even that part ends at 'have you tried bleach?'.
Which part? The word BLEACH never even came out of Trump's mouth. Here is the transcript, for the 3rd time. Ironic, because if you simply search "bleach", you will see it 3 times. NONE from Trump speaking.
https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-press-conference-transcript-april-23

Reactions: Ricken

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
No. Not fraudsters. DOCTORS. STUDIES. Because the direct-to-vein device isn't approved by the FDA yet.
Acupuncture is also used by doctors, and also just there to induce a hormonal reaction in your body. So is hypnosis - also practiced by doctors.

If it doesnt harm you, some of them will do it. As long as it doesnt harm you, they are not prohibited from doing it.

I had an eye doctor once that sprayed water vapor into the air, onto patients faces, so they would relax more. (I only visited him twice, btw - then got the heck out.. ;) )

Also UV light is invisible, and that I.V. drip in your article is glowing blue. So U.V. in their case is probably RGB LEDs (because its cheaper.. ;) Real needles though.. ;) ). Because I doubt, that they are painting their I.V. drips with fluorescent paint inside... ;)
-

On the 'just not yet approved by the FDA yet' part - they had a popularity spike for that treatment 75 years ago, according to your article - so they probably had 100 years to try to get it approved... I dont know - does the FDA exist for that long?

Studies on their own dont mean much. Anyone can publish a study. There is no filter, that would make that difficult. Peer reviewed journals publishing your paper at least means, that other 'experts in the field' have looked at it and risked their names saying, that what you did was methodically correct. And to then get it approved (depending on the standard), you need long term studies, double blind studies with control groups, studies that look at side effects, usually even done by independant researchers... Basically a bunch of stuff that is there to prevent cognitive bias (a person believing that something works, because of what they have seen - but that is not necessarily being provable statistically)

Last edited by notimp,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the 'just not yet approved by the FDA yet' part - they had a popularity spike for that treatment 75 years ago, according to your article - so they probably had 100 years to try to get it approved...
You're picking and choosing what you want to read and "understand". The original method is, and has been, approved by the FDA. Thought I made that clear. EVEN RECENTLY, it had approved devices for this treatment:
2009: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfpma/pma.cfm?ID=337698
2017: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfpma/pma.cfm?ID=406577

The direct-to-vein device, is what isn't approved yet. And has nothing to do with the main conversation here. Main conversation being that Trump didn't pull crazy new ideas out of his ass. His questions have merit. As I said originally, when I joined this shit show of a thread.

EDIT: And furthermore, you can find MANY FDA TRIALS using UBI (sometimes using different acronyms) against hepatitis C, https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/2331205X.2019.1614286
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S120197121500140X

You know what? I'm done. Here, start with Wikipedia, and follow through with the valid sources that it provides. I think I've proven my point, to those with the mental capacity to understand. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_irradiation_therapy

Last edited by urherenow,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I honestly don't think anyone elected trump for his scientific prowess, but it would be easy to dismiss everyone who disagrees with you as idiots if you pretend that to be the case, the one person I saw claiming to have followed trumped advice to eat pond cleaner raises a bunch of red flags she had been calling trump a idiot, but then pivoted and decided to consume something that sounds kinda similar to something trump talked about, somehow survived the deadly dose while her husband she wanted to divorce died.....yeah something was fishy with that story, and it wasn't the fish tank cleaner, its like an absurd plot of a 90's murder mystery show like diagnosis murder or something

basically nobody elected trump to be their doctor, they saw someone to basically go into the joint and shake shit up, some people voted for him just for the lulz, and others were fed up of hyper polished fake establishment politicians who just say a bunch of stuff then instantly backtrack once they're elected, personally I would prefer someone a bit clunky with their words, but they mean what they say, rather than someone who is very polished with 50 script writers giving a perfectly scripted response to questions but not meaning a single word of it

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You're picking and choosing what you want to read and "understand". The original method is, and has been, approved by the FDA. Thought I made that clear. EVEN RECENTLY, it had approved devices for this treatment:
2009: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfpma/pma.cfm?ID=337698
2017: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfpma/pma.cfm?ID=406577

The direct-to-vein device, is what isn't approved yet. And has nothing to do with the main conversation here. Main conversation being that Trump didn't pull crazy new ideas out of his ass. His questions have merit. As I said originally, when I joined this shit show of a thread.
No I am not - that approval is for a medical device that is used as - quote
(THE DEVICE, AS MODIFIED, WILL BE MARKETED UNDER THE TRADE NAMETHERAKOS CELLEX PHOTOPHERESIS SYSTEM, AND) IS INDICATED FOR USE IN THE ULTRAVIOLET-A(UVA) IRRADIATION, IN THE PRESENCE OF THE PHOTOACTIVE DRUG 8-METHOXYPSORALEN (8-MOP), OFEXTRACORPOREALLY CIRCULATING LEUKOCYTE-ENRICHED BLOOD, IN THE PALLIATIVE TREATMENT OF THE SKINMANIFESTATIONS OF CUTANEOUS T-CELL LYMPHOMA (CTCL)
sorry for the shouting font ;)

ULTRAVIOLET-A(UVA) IRRADIATION, IN THE PRESENCE OF THE PHOTOACTIVE DRUG 8-METHOXYPSORALEN (8-MOP)
means the light in itself doesnt do anything but activates a reagent (the photoactive drug) - photoactive means its activated by light

And it is approved IN THE PALLIATIVE TREATMENT OF THE SKINMANIFESTATIONS OF CUTANEOUS T-CELL LYMPHOMA which I'm not sure I should translate into normal english for you - but palliative means, it doesnt hurt, at that stage...

Last edited by notimp,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you're enjoying this, since you beat me to my edit. I posted the Wikipedia link, so you can follow the trail of sources at the bottom, if you care to. The whole point, again, is that Trump didn't suggest anything new, and not being a scientist or doctor, is definitely not stupid for asking the question. It has definitely been said that UV puts a hurting on the virus, and since critical patients get a tube shoved down their throat, it wouldn't take much to include a UV-emitting device in said tube (now I'm just blabbering an imagined thought process...)

Turns out that I got sucked into this crap myself, since actually doing a word search on the transcript reveals that "bleach" never came out of Trump's mouth. Not once. It was JIM who suggested that Trump was suggesting the injection of bleach.

It's been fun, but I'm done with this thread.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Guess you're enjoying this, since you beat me to my edit. I posted the Wikipedia link, so you can follow the trail of sources at the bottom, if you care to. The whole point, again, is that Trump didn't suggest anything new, and not being a scientist or doctor, is definitely not stupid for asking the question.
Not even on light therapy.

Could he have sensibly made that mistake? Maybe. Not as someone that dindnt skip biology or chemistry classes in high school.

But on disinfectants into your lungs? ("Because of miraculous results?!" (= patient dead)?)

We both pretty much agree, that he didnt do it out of malice - just out of a misplaced need to be the hero in the room. The person thats in the know. The person that recommends stuff, even though it kills people.

And thats the second time he has done it.

Also speaking of edits, which wikipedia article? I've translated two articles for you into plain english currently thereby disprooving your points. I'm not doing this so you look bad. I'm doing this, so you understand what you are reading.

If you only say 'doctors do it' - so it cant be wrong. There is a much bigger problem right then and there. A doctor ultimately is just a guy in in a white coat. With a degree. And anyone that has ever visited a college can publish studies. You have to look at the parts that actually matter. Like is it an FDA approved treatment, and 'whats it for'.

"Powerfull light" does nothing. So even that part is largely problematic. But at least it can give people hope. So there is no harm in it. But when you start telling people that disinfectants kill that stuff in seconds, and would work wonders on your lungs (= killing you if you breath in fumes, or more) -- there is a definite limit to doing that on live national TV.

That said, yes, he made a mistake. Probably. After making a similar mistake last week (or the week before), in recomending an approved drug (for malaria), that had more people die than in the control group.

So you have to stop Trump from doing that. If you do it by simply not allowing him to go live on part of the media. Or if you do that by restricting him to only a backseat role in those briefings (as part of the republican effort) I dont care.

Its just important to understand, that this cant continue.

Last edited by notimp,

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
So you're telling me you've been using a UV light to kill viruses since you were four?

Seriously, you either huff glue or you are an extra-terrestrial trying to find out more about our planet, which is it?

We have been cleaning surfaces with things like bleach for years and UV lights have been used to kill microscopic organisms like this in restaurants and hospitals/clinics for at least twenty years. Seriously how can you not not know this?

And like I said, we don't know what the future holds for us.

You and your dumbass president have a far worse idea of the future than most. You don't even understand your past.

Yes, drinking bleach will obviously kill you, but I still don't see it as a stupid concept.

"It will kill you but it's not stupid." Jesus Fucking Christ the stupidity of americans has to be some kind of native american curse, right?

He's not an expert on this, which is why he asked.

HE. SHOULD HAVE. KNOWN THE. ANSWER TO THIS. AT FOOOOOUUUUUUURRRRRR.

I like how you skipped over my analogy, so I will bring it up again.

There is absolutely no need for an analogy here. You simply refuse to understand. No one is saying he told anyone to explicitely do anything, so stop fucking lying. We are saying he's a fucking moron.

Anyways, you seem like a troll. You have successfully wasted an hour of my time.

And you seem like you have a low double digit IQ. Can't imagine your time is worth anything as a result.

Anyone who has seen the ACTUAL conference, or at least read an ACTUAL transcript, knows that Trump never told anyone to do such a thing.

We have all seen it, and we're not saying he explicitely told anyone to do anything, we're saying he's a fucking moron. And anyone who is not following that yet is one too.

You're the reason there are idiot kids and young adults in college making YouTube videos of themselves eating Tide Pods. :wacko:

Actually this was a 4chan hoax. Congrats, you got played.

UBI is real. It's still in use today. You can get a fucking appointment for $95.

No it isn't, and no, you can't. LMFAO at thinking you can get ANY procedure in the US for that amount. Not even sure an insulin shot is that cheap without insurance in the US.

And for the other post that sort of sounded like it's an old treatment, that isn't done anymore, you're WRONG (EDIT: Oh, it was @Waygeek. Of course you're wrong:rolleyes:. and no, I'm not lying, you're just an idiot). It became mainstream 75 years ago. It died down after antibiotics started getting good (big pharma influence, anyone?)

You literally owned yourself by saying it was replaced by anti-biotics so you could get some dumbass conspiracy in. Good job, did my work for me.

High dose vitamin C (intravenous from a hospital, vice oral, gives you 100x-500x absorption) breaks down into Hydrogen Peroxide. H2O2 is a DISINFECTANT. IN YOUR BODY.
https://www.oncologynurseadvisor.co...es-of-vitamin-c-kill-cancer-cells-in-culture/

LMFFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2002/01/how-vitamin-c-prevents-cancer-apples-are-better

"found that vitamin C blocks the carcinogenic effects of hydrogen peroxide on intercellular communication."

Oh, you lying special case. Seriously.

Every point made by the DOCTOR in my previous post can easily be researched. Every one factual. No, there haven't been extensive studies against COVID, but POTUS is making a point to his team to TEST every damn thing possible.

In a fucking daily briefing? If everyone else of his staff was as confident as you, why are they pulling back on the briefings happening daily?

@RyDog your question about the last time we had a CANDIDATE qualified for doctor? Um, that would be the last election, bro. Ben Carson is a Neurosurgeon. Granted, he isn't a biophysicist or a virologist, but it would still be better than nothing. And He's far less insane than Sanders.

... he believes the Great Pyramids were grain stores for Joseph. Yes, that Joseph. Get real.

In case you're confused.

Only you and your other Trumpstan friends are confused, permanently. It's called not being smart.

Damn, you just can't make up how triggered you idiots are.

I love a bit of ironic projection.

I completely agree, it was mishandled pretty badly. I'm not arguing against that at all. I just think this whole disinfectant situation was taken way overboard by the media and Twitter just as another excuse to shit on Trump without helping the situation at all. It could have just been tossed up as a bad suggestion, but instead people are massively misquoting Trump and saying that he told everyone to drink bleach and eat tide pods, which is completely untrue. If it was true and he actually had said then, then of course this type of reaction would be expected and I would not be making these posts. A civil war is the last thing we need when this is going on.

No one should take anything this user says seriously. His post history shows severe a radicalized right posting style, including homophobic content and outright racist content that he had to edit but other posters called very racist.

Even though Trump never suggested injecting disinfectants, guzzling bleach, or pouring IPA into your lungs (he only asked a question to a health expert on the panel about possibly using safe chemicals to treat the body instead of just preventing the disease), some people will believe anything the lame stream media tells them instead of actually watching the video of what really happened. Shame!!!

Just imagine the idiots who would have died or been hospitalized if Trump explicitly said not to ingest dangerous chemicals. People would immediately starting to drink bleach and shoot up rubbing alcohol just in spite of Trump.

Except of course no one is saying he issued any statement of that kind, you're making that up, and you're far more likely to do this dumb shit if you are a Trump supporter. It's not people who hate Trump trying this shit, it's people who love him, because both him and they are absolute fucking morons.

Last edited by Waygeek,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even on light therapy.

Could he have sensibly made that mistake? Maybe. Not as someone that dindnt skip biology or chemistry classes in high school.
There you go again, not even reading the page before making yourself out to be a complete idiot. Very first paragraph:

"Blood irradiation therapy is a alternative medical procedure in which the blood is exposed to low level light (often laser light) for therapeutic reasons. The practice was originally developed in the U.S, but most recent research on it has been conducted in Germany (by UV lamps) and in Russia (in all variants)."

Plenty more there on UV. Now I'm 100% positive you didn't even read any of the studies. Your opinion is now completely invalid.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Last edited by Waygeek,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Says the guy who thinks Hydrogen Peroxide is good for the body, despite it clearly being stated that it's a FUCKING CARCINOGEN.

Talk about not being able to read properly.

Here's some more you can read but not understand.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24351145

Only in your dreams, Little Miss Triggered.
I happen to listen to people who are qualified to talk about shit. You listen to nobody but alt-left media, and idiot Twitter feeds. Good source, bro :rofl2:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170109134014.htm

And, no, it is NOT a carcinogen, you blabbering idiot.
https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaqs/tf.asp?id=305&tid=55

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
I happen to listen to people who are qualified to talk about shit.

No, you listen to Donald Dump, the anti-thesis of qualification.

He had no idea what he was talking about, because he is a FUCKING MORON GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

IF YOU ARE SO SURE HE KNOWS BETTER GO AND DRINK SOME CHEMICALS. PLEASE. Then report back, if you can. Prove us wrong. Chug a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide on twitch or stfu.

You listen to nobody but alt-left media.

Imagine saying this without a hint of mortification.

Imagine being so unintelligent and insecure about it that anyone with facts is 'alt-left' LMFAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's been fun, but I'm done with this thread.

Is literally everything out of your mouth utter bullshit?

Last edited by Waygeek,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
"Blood irradiation therapy is a alternative medical procedure in which the blood is exposed to low level light (often laser light) for therapeutic reasons. The practice was originally developed in the U.S, but most recent research on it has been conducted in Germany (by UV lamps) and in Russia (in all variants)."
So now it doesnt matter which light you use. laser light, or UV light. And you do nothing with it, but shine it at blood. And it has been conducted an Germany and Russia - but not approved for anything other than treating terminally ill patients?

Here is what you've come upon.

Even conventional medicine reserves some treatments for terminally ill patients - not to have to say to them 'we cant do nothing for you'. Because that would be psychologically cruel. Those treatments, if 'approved' reduce psychological stress, and do nothing else.

Sorry for being so open.

Last edited by notimp,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now it doesnt matter which light you use. laser light, or UV light. And you do nothing with it, but light it at blood. And it has been conducted an Germany and Russia - but not approved for anything other than treating terminally ill patients?

Here is what you've come upon.

Even conventional medicine reserves some treatments to terminally ill patients - not to have to say to them 'we cant do nothing for you'. Because that would be psychologically cruel. Those treatments, if 'approved' reduce psychological stress, and do nothing else.

Sorry for being so open.
The second paragraph talks about UV as well. References 4 and 5 are on UV treatments. FFS do any of you have any valid sources for opinions at all? @Waygeek thinks Hydrogen peroxide is a carcinogen for fucks sake.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
The second paragraph talks about UV as well. References 4 and 5 are on UV treatments. FFS do any of you have any valid sources for opinions at all? @Waygeek thinks Hydrogen peroxide is a carcinogen for fucks sake.
Of course I could be wrong. And even if - just feeling a bit better, gives you better chances of surviving a terminal illness. :)

But the point being, that you surfaced two articles, one that talks about the use of light in a 'holistic health approach' (as effective as massages), the other one apparently was an FDA approval for a medical apparatus, thats used to activate some photoactive drug, and is primarily used with terminally ill cancer patients. (Only approved for that usage.)

Give me another link that proves something about light itself as a treatment for anything - and not just reference footnotes in an article you then dont link directly. Take your time, look at your primary sources - pick out your best two for 'light treatment' for anything - and I'll look at them again, promised.

But if the articles you link have all signal words for 'this is used so patients dont go crazy, when you tell them, no therapy for you' in them, I have to point that out. Because thats a thing in medicine also. You dont always tell the patient outright what you belive his problem is, if its not conducive to them getting better.

Its part of their ethics. (You tell them when they are terminally ill, though.. ;) Always.)

Last edited by notimp,

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Drink hydrogen peroxide and disinfectants live on stream for all of us to see or stfu. Prove what you're claiming or stfu.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drink hydrogen peroxide and disinfectants live on stream for all of us to see or stfu. Prove what you're claiming or stfu.
You don't drink hydrogen peroxide, you get intravenous vitamin C, which breaks down into hydrogen peroxide inside of your body. READ. THE. ARTICLE. Or take your own advice and STFU.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
But it's not dangerous according to you, so you can do so. Drink it or inject it on stream, or stfu.

you get intravenous vitamin C

Not anything covered by Dr.Gump in his press briefing, are you trying to deflect? You're literally talking out of your nazi ass.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me another link that proves something about light as a treatment for anything
Not gonna do your research for you. I'm certainly not going to pay to get the full evidence you seem to require. Not even sure why you require it. I was just pointing out where Trump got his questions from. Here's an excerpt, if you want to pay for the full deal. I don't.

https://www.americanjournalofsurgery.com/article/0002-9610(47)90330-9/pdf

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But it's not dangerous according to you, so you can do so. Drink it or inject it on stream, or stfu.

Not anything covered by Dr.Gump in his press briefing, are you trying to deflect? You're literally talking out of your nazi ass.
And you're not? Go ahead and show me where Trump said "bleach". Even once, during that press conference. Show where I suggested drinking hydrogen peroxide. You truly are an idiot.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Not gonna do your research for you. I'm certainly not going to pay to get the full evidence you seem to require. Not even sure why you require it. I was just pointing out where Trump got his questions from. Here's an excerpt, if you want to pay for the full deal. I don't.

So what you're saying is, ingesting that shit would be dangerous, and you're too much of a fucking coward.

Now stfu.

Literally all of your posts on this site not related to being a little pirate are trump defence force bullshit. You should be mortified.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-sti...ax-break-for-the-1.561099/page-3#post-8992819
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-stimulus-bill-includes-a-tax-break-for-the-1.561099/#post-8991788

Ignorant lying nazi loving coward.

Trump is a fucking moron. And I don't care that people talking about that triggers the fuck out of you. On the contrary, I find it hilarious.

Last edited by Waygeek,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it