A law firm has begun an investigation for a class action lawsuit on Nintendo over Joy-Con drift

new-joy-con-1563458834681.jpg

Joy-Con connectivity issues have plagued Nintendo Switch owners since the launch of the console, more than two years ago. Recently, Joy-Con drift has become a topic of interest once more, due to fans vocally expressing their disappointment. With no real solution in sight, it appears that a law firm is stepping in to see if they can make things happen. The law firm, called Chimicles Schwartz Kriner & Donaldson-Smith LLP, is a three-decade old institution that focuses on class action lawsuits. According to CSK&D, they have begun an investigation into a possible class-action lawsuit against Nintendo for selling faulty Joy-Cons that have phantom input and interfere with gaming.

You can fill out the form in the link below to offer your personal experiences with your Joy-Cons to help give the firm more information to work with. If enough reports come in, then CSK&D will move forward with their lawsuit. Whether this will result in a solution or even make it to court is unclear, but the threat of legal action could perhaps spur Nintendo into coming up with a fix or revision for future Joy-con releases.

:arrow: Source

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still a good ol middle finger to the big N for all this IP bullshit for non profit fangames
Totally agree, it's not even the value that matters 4 me is nintendo having a lesson for once since they are also the worse gaming company in terms of lawsuits, closing websites and everything... If they do crap, they should also take full responsibility...

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
still a good ol middle finger to the big N for all this IP bullshit for non profit fangames

Totally agree, it's not even the value that matters 4 me is nintendo having a lesson for once since they are also the worse gaming company in terms of lawsuits, closing websites and everything... If they do crap, they should also take full responsibility...

This lawsuit has nothing to do with closing websites and fan-game takedowns so, regardless of the success, Nintendo will learn nothing on said subjects

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This lawsuit has nothing to do with closing websites and fan-game takedowns so, regardless of the success, Nintendo will learn nothing on said subjects
It doesnt need to be related... just wanted to laugh at them if they lose on something big on court no matter what...

And replacing bad designed joysticks is pointless if all we will get is the same exact garbage low precision joysticks that will eventually fail... And specially for the price nintendo asks... I paid like 60€ for just the left gray stock joy-con here, my original just fell from low height to the ground and broke the rear button and PCB, they are beyond fragile compared to a lot of cheaper proper controllers out there, the Xone controller 4 example I can even punch the triggers, push them as hard as I want and nothing happen...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game