Hacking Homebrew A new way to experience StreetPass

KWG-08C

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New release!

v0.2.3 just released! While soru does not think there are any bugfixes, it includes a bunch of stuff to make sorus life to fix bugs in the future easier. Furthermore it also prepares for some internal changes.As usual, just re-scan the QR code (it always stays the same, don't worry) or wait until universal updater has it available.https://gitlab.com/Sorunome/3ds-streetpass/-/releases/v0.2.3

Be sure to update

some games like ACNL can currently trigger crashes, soru isn't sure yet what the issue is

Yeah, you gotta update

NetPass already does stuffs like managing to not download too much data, at least in the newer versions

phantom green lights are sadly a thing currently

soru plans to look into that

thank you!
I wasn't aware of this. I'll update as soon as I get the chance, thanks!

Michelle_71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I still get crashes on v0.2.3. If I can help in any way let me know
Someone said it didn't fix it, but made it easier to create a fix. Hopefully soon. I'm still very grateful for their efforts. This app is awesome. 😊

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to make it display a game in your hands instead of netpass ring?
I'm sure there is, since one of the Netpasses I got (from someone named Chicago who confusingly lives in Missouri) showed up holding AIKATSU! Cinderella Lesson as her last played title somehow.

Michelle_71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there is, since one of the Netpasses I got (from someone named Chicago who confusingly lives in Missouri) showed up holding AIKATSU! Cinderella Lesson as her last played title somehow.
That would be a nice addition.

Ethanjustcuz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an error that wasn't listed:

"Uploading outbox 1/5...Failed -500"

Any fix for this? I turned my system on and off, updated NetPass, and it's still giving me the same error. (This happened in 0.2.3 and is still happening in 0.2.4)

Last edited by Ethanjustcuz,

pokemondiamondversion

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've updated to version 0.2.4, deactivated streetpass for super pokemon rumble (I didn't have it activated for pokemon rumble world when I initially posted either) and I'm still getting the same crash, it usually happens when I get to 3/X after the app has retrieved my location so I'll try to figure out which game is number 3 and see if deactivating that works

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm wondering if there's an issue with the Bravely default games too because I've gotten zero streetpasses for them since the beginning.

Catzzye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Interesting.. Maybe we can figure it out. Mine says it hangs on 6, but not sure if it correlates to the list in the settings.
Here's mine:
1. Bravely Default, 2. Rhythm Paradise Megamix 3. SMT IV 4. SUPER MARIO 3D LAND 5. Brain Age Concentration Training 6. Super Mario Maker 7. Tomodachi Island 8. Rhythm Heaven Megamix 9. MK7 10. Smash Bros. 11. Mii Plaza

EDIT: I deleted the following which resolved my issues: 4. 5. 8. 9. So if you have crashing issues it’s something to try disabling!

Last edited by Catzzye,

Catzzye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm wondering if there's an issue with the Bravely default games too because I've gotten zero streetpasses for them since the beginning.
I can confirm that Bravely Default does in fact work, my friend got a hit via NetPass for Bravely Default and Second

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
FYI, as of v0.2.4 (and a few versions back), Netpass is missing its icon on the Universal Updater app! I'm also getting a few crashes which I'm not sure how to report yet.

Love the new homescreen app banner design! I'm also curious if the interface will undergo any changes to make it similar to official Nintendo software in the future (that'd be really awesome). I'm assuming that you'd need someone familiar with designing GUI to join your team one day to have it eventually evolve beyond where it is now.

Great work so far! I'm captivated by all the updates. It's amazing to finally get Streetpass hits.. unfortunately I haven't got them in several years, even when bringing my N3DS into numerous public spaces (if only I could get to some of those gaming conventions where I hear people bring their 3DS systems)! Of course you can really get a lot of variety with users from different countries that the average person would likely not travel to IRL anytime soon, finally enabling you to far more easily unlock further milestones in the game.
====
Also, for the record, I just got a Streetpass crossword puzzle in the little-talked-about great game Crosswords Plus (developed by Nintendo, sequel to the DS game). You haven't been able to get new exclusive puzzles in that game since the Spotpass support shut down for that game or you happened to pass by someone who actually owned that game! Truly this is reviving lost content.

Last edited by PacDan16,

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone encountered me in Train Station yet and can confirm using the Luma Homebrew redirect it shows the icon for the game Pokemon Alpha Sapphire?

Eldwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was very excited to hear about this app, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any streetpass connections in the mall location, and it's really unfortunate :(. I have streetpass on for streetpass mii plaza and I'm able to upload my data correctly but it doesn't seem to download anything from the inbox after checking it? Is something borked on my end or what, I'm very confused.

manabovemeisstoopid_65325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you updated?
I was very excited to hear about this app, but unfortunately I can't seem to get any streetpass connections in the mall location, and it's really unfortunate :(. I have streetpass on for streetpass mii plaza and I'm able to upload my data correctly but it doesn't seem to download anything from the inbox after checking it? Is something borked on my end or what, I'm very confused.

Catzzye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Got to wait it out, takes time. Set it and forget it for a few hours and come back.
Yeah, in short it will accumulate StreetPasses on the location of your choosing for 10 hours. After 10 hours, open NetPass again, you can choose a new location and go check out what hits you received in games!

Takashishiful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error

ERROR: Failed to enter location 0: 409

This happens on all 3 locaions and leads to me getting 0 streetpasses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1