Hacking Homebrew A new way to experience StreetPass

Eldwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like I finally got a hit seemingly (green dot) and then I checked mii plaza and there wasn't anything in there. Did i do something wrong on my end?

Michelle_71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone said it didn't fix it, but made it easier to create a fix. Hopefully soon. I'm still very grateful for their efforts. This app is awesome. 😊
I just updated both of my systems to 2.4 I deactivated streetpass for everything but streetpass mii plaza, rebooted. Both systems got tags, 8 on one and 5 on the other. Everything worked fine. Tomorrow night I'll start turning on streetpass for my games one at a time and check if any of them crashes the system with NetPass.

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a suggestion, maybe add a countdown timer for how much longer you're going to be in a "location"? Because it's kinda annoying to know that you're near-ish to the end of your time in a Netpass room, but not exactly sure when the session expires.

It'd probably cut down on server traffic too. I'll often check Netpass because I'm certain that I used it ten hours ago, only to find that I'm still logged into the room... just like the the last three times I checked.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
All works great!
I tested:
Tomadachi Life
Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX
StreetPass Mii Plaza
Fire Emblem Fates
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Kid Icarus: Uprising

By the way, you can check what your games received streetpasses in notifications. (Almost all my games on cartridges, so it's help)
I'm wondering if there's an issue with the Bravely default games too because I've gotten zero streetpasses for them since the beginning.
No, I got them few times and for second game too
Post automatically merged:

Getting an error

ERROR: Failed to enter location 0: 409

This happens on all 3 locaions and leads to me getting 0 streetpasses.
Update app and make sure that you have good internet connection, all works fine

Nicky_x3

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All works great!
I tested:
Tomadachi Life
StreetPass Mii Plaza
Fire Emblem Fates
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Bravely Default
Bravely Second

By the way, you can check what your games received streetpasses in notifications. (Almost all my games on cartridges, so it's help)

Heya! Did you, by any chance, test sending off a traveller of your own in Tomodachi Life?
For me everything seemed to work until one of my islander's child grew up and I tried to send him off to travel. Now he stands around at the port and doesn't want to leave. Now I'm not sure if that's an issue on my end.

Thank you so much @sorunome for netpass! Finally I get some streetpasses :D

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i just streetpassed you and i can see the game
Thanks I guess I'll just keep using the app redirect to HB menu till they add the ability to select what game icon you pick. If thats possible. Till then I guess I'd recommend people use the app redirect method to stop everyone having the ring icon. Got a few people with the homebrew menu icon today so perhaps it's catching on.

Reactions: DelfynoDurians

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
All works great!
I tested:
Tomadachi Life
StreetPass Mii Plaza
Fire Emblem Fates
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Bravely Default
Bravely Second

I wonder why I've not been getting any then, I'm definitely past the point where you can now fight against Ba'als in Bravely Second

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyone in the plaza? My user is LNLenost

Also w/ latest update ACNL crashes are still a thing.

Catzzye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm sure devs already have their hands full, but it would be cool to print out which game is it checking the boxes for so we can more easily rule out what's causing the crashes
Hi, the new version 0.2.5 always crashes when checking inbox. Had to downgrade to version 0.2.4

Lilukalani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I've downloaded the new update but it still kept crashing on me. It crashed on Animal Crossing and Nintendogs + cats. Once I removed them from the streetpass settings, Netpass no longer crashed.

Martyste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you so much Soru for all the work you've been putting in this, it has been feeling much more fun and organic to use Netpass, than recycling a CECD. This is a genuine opportunity to fill up our world map, too.
Fellow Netpassers, i'll be mostly found at the Train Station ( i love trains ), i bought all the Plaza games right before the eshop closed, so enjoy all the enhanced interactions you get when you encounter me!

Reactions: LNLenost

DelfynoDurians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya! Did you, by any chance, test sending off a traveller of your own in Tomodachi Life?
For me everything seemed to work until one of my islander's child grew up and I tried to send him off to travel. Now he stands around at the port and doesn't want to leave. Now I'm not sure if that's an issue on my end.

Thank you so much @sorunome for netpass! Finally I get some streetpasses :D
I've been able to send travelers away to people met over Netpass, and I've received them as well! But sometimes I have boats arrive with no export and take a traveler away, or boats that drop a package and don't take a traveler. This may be the game processing the swap in different phases, not too sure.

I also have no idea if the travelers I've sent are completing their journey, so if you meet someone who was at Delfino Island that's me.

Hey guys! I've downloaded the new update but it still kept crashing on me. It crashed on Animal Crossing and Nintendogs + cats. Once I removed them from the streetpass settings, Netpass no longer crashed.
I had the same issue with Nintendogs, and I think it was because the number of incoming & unchecked tags was over the transmission cap. Were you checking the games after each Netpass upload? IE, was the number of tags building up overtime?

Lilukalani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue with Nintendogs, and I think it was because the number of incoming & unchecked tags was over the transmission cap. Were you checking the games after each Netpass upload? IE, was the number of tags building up overtime?
I did check but the weird thing is that neither game ever got the little green dot over it. So it's almost like it wasn't registering any of the passes? When I went into the games, I didn't have any new passes either. It's not a huge deal to me, but I definitely wanted to share the issue.

Nintoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m on 0.2.5 and it still crashes if I don't clear the line in Mii Plaza first. Also, it keeps showing the notification dot for Monster Hunter 4 and SMTIV but never actually does anything in-game. But it’s still great to get to experience some StreetPass functionality, I live in a rural area and never got a SP before NetPass.

Edit: Never Mind just got another StreetPass in MH4U and SMTIV and both are working now. Not sure why they did not work before.

Last edited by Nintoad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.