newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
not sure what this will be as yet but I captured some video of what I am playing around with. definately going to be IR pointer based because I never did a IR specific game before. If you follow me on twitter (@newogame) you would have seen this video before.

If anybody wants to literally play it in this early stage comment/reply and let me know so i can upload a build. Feedback on pointer controls and such is always helpful.

its been a year since I have been tinkering with this pointer based tank/mech game and I finally have a demo/proof of concept that is playable; NewoMoon Beta build 0.25

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Stll not sure what its going to be yet but I put a aiming reticule on it.

screenshot_21580729161405.pngscreenshot_21580729161639.pngscreenshot_21580729161646.pngscreenshot_21580729162716.pngscreenshot_21580811235727.pngscreenshot_21580811235942.png

wiiAdventurer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooo. When you were the vehicle and then zoomed to more of a higher level view, it made me think of a RTS where you can transform to one of the fighters? Like Herzog Zwei :)

Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
^ I think this will be a first person camera only game. especailly since I am going to use the wii pointer.

Finished with the radar for now. Added the sweep highlight so that the enemies are only visible during the sweep. Near enemies are brighter than distant enemies. I am going for a clean, minimal user interface. Changed the menu colours too. #screenshotsaturday #wii #homebrew

ID-boot_2022-09-03_09-44-15.png
ID-boot_2022-09-03_09-49-09.png
ID-boot_2022-09-03_10-17-40.png
ID-boot_2022-09-03_10-19-26.png

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
did some work on this yesterday; will upload a playable demo as soon as I clear off my desk.
Just so you all know this is going to use the #wii IR pointer (turning and aiming the tank). it could be 2 wiimotes with one for each tread (left/right steering) but then you would need a 2nd player to aim the turret (up/down). might be too niche for the #wii #scene

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Did some more work on this today.
here is a video where I shoot incoming homing missiles and use the b-bomb;
Post automatically merged:

This will be a wiimote + nunchuck game. You drive with the nunchuck, shoot and turn with the wiimote ir pointer. A button fires the special slow b-bomb and B button is the normal infinite shot. At least thats how its working now.

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
I think it'll be much easier if you made a blog documenting the new changes you have made to your game.
I already have a gbatemp blog but the blog structure is weird - even before the site update. the thread ordering is neater in the forum and is easier and will probably outlive the blogs. And then there is twitter.

I have created a thread like this in the past for NewoZero and it turned out ok. got over 10views

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Trying to think of a name for this wii homebrew. It would be easily to call it "tank", "vector", "zone" or something arcady retro 80s but I am leaning towards "moon" refencing the landscrape rather than the vehicle. Playable demo soon.

Reactions: RetroGen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock