Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
2D0C9862-6EA3-474D-94B6-683397C4A93F.jpeg
Hi, yesterday I gave my little niece my New Nintendo 3DS Xl Snes Edition to play with because otherwise she cried , after an hour or so I saw there was a scratch on the 3DS not on the screens (look at the picture) I want to fix it but I don't know how , does anyone have a solution , this is so bad .. I took so much care of my 3DS .. This really makes me want to break my 3DS or something I'm so g**** stressed because of this and I'm in an exam period as well this makes me stress a lot more , about the picture : I don't know if you can see it wel but in person you can see it very good , so that's very bad

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem on my Animal Crossing 3DS, only mine are thinner and there's about 5-10 scratches all along the hinge. I am not sure what causes it but I think maybe pressing too hard to close the top half presses the hinge down some to the point it scratches against the bottom half. I haven't been bothered to fix it because it'd probably just make it worse. I know it's annoying but just be thankful your 3DS is white so it's not that noticeable except under certain light conditions. If it was another color it'd be very noticeable. I mean you could go the route to spray paint over it with some matte white and just tape off the entire 3DS. Would be an easy project but you'd have to do extremely light coats.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the same problem on my Animal Crossing 3DS, only mine are thinner and there's about 5-10 scratches all along the hinge. I am not sure what causes it but I think maybe pressing too hard to close the top half presses the hinge down some to the point it scratches against the bottom half. I haven't been bothered to fix it because it'd probably just make it worse. I know it's annoying but just be thankful your 3DS is white so it's not that noticeable except under certain light conditions. If it was another color it'd be very noticeable. I mean you could go the route to spray paint over it with some matte white and just tape off the entire 3DS. Would be an easy project but you'd have to do extremely light coats.
I don't think I would spray it anyway , I'm scared for not doing it right lol , but thanks for replying!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I would spray it anyway , I'm scared for not doing it right lol , but thanks for replying!

Spray paint is hard to mess up :P. And with a little area such as a 3DS hinge, you have no room for error. It'd be extremely simple if you just taped off the entire top and bottom halves. Hell, if you didn't live out of country I'd offer to do it for you. You could always buy a skin/decal for your 3DS too, one that includes a hinge piece. It'd help protect it from future scratches too.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too young and stupid and i don't have time to work
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it runs on android os
  • T @ Texasauras:
    it looks dope
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get what you pay for. Go ahead and buy one those cheap Chinese units, you will see.
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro have you seen the gfuel instagram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Texasauras why did you start a thread, ignored all the answers there, then come here to chat and ask the same thing. You gotta be like 12, bro
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Biker Mice from Mars needed a Sequel, Angry Hamsters from Uranus
  • T @ Texasauras:
    uh bro i was just asking have you seen these, help me look
  • T @ Texasauras:
    its on amazon
    Download Batocera make it your own
    +1
    If you want GC PS2 Wii stuff like that use a PC
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also use my tv stick to watch YouTube and streaming services
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi those play well on the Pi5 now...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty yep that's what I use my stick for most anymore, streaming tv shows, movies. or even youtube. Or doing kens mum.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a...