Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Renegade_R said:
Edit:

Burn it...then throw the ashes at a homeless person.

Or you could sit down next to a homeless person, start a fire and burn the money. That'd be heartbreaking
rofl2.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sephiroth1n6 said:
Javacat said:
That sucks. Was it expected? Do you think he wanted you to have the money so that he could see you enjoy it?

It wasn't really expected, I don't know how it happened either.

AceGunman, I'm not sure what would be worthwhile-

My first thought is saving up for a car, or a new computer/laptop. What would you consider worthwhile?
I don't know, your first child's tuition... your first home, etc etc. Really important things (not necessarily those that I just stated).

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow was reading since page 1 and it was quite dramatic that happened to your Grandpa all of a sudden. Sorry to hear that.

It's kind of wierd though, don't you think? Did he give you $200 randomly or with a reason? It's like he knew something was gonna happen.. Sorry to ask but you can ignore the questions.

I wold recommend saving up the money for future needs. You're 15 now, but when you get your own job money is gone so quickly. I always wonder where I invested my money.. i should really start writing down a record of what I bought.

Sephi

fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
It was kind of random that he happened to die

He did sort of give me the money randomly though, it was just a gift- spending money. But it actually turns out he didn't get to send the money. I don't know if my Grandma will send it though.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd take the Bender B Rodriguez suggestion...hookers and blackjack.
biggrin.gif

Seriously though 1,4,5, and 7 work. But seeing as you're at this place with roots in the GBA and then DS perhaps there are a nice pile of GBA relics you neglected you could get damn cheap now and could put a 1/4 of that towards? A lot of them good but lesser known ones tend to hit that $1-10 range.

DrKupo

Resistance: Fall of Gbatemp
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't get the Wii, almost all the games on it suck, excluding the games Nintendo made. Those are quite good, but I think about 4 or 5 of those are out. Buy one in a year. A 360 is a better choice as of now.

Ask yourself which you want to play more: Mario Kart, complete with cheating AI and broken online play, or GTA4, which is more than likely perfection in video game form.

PS2 Rock Band is gimped. Don't buy it!

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth1n6 said:
I'll be getting $200 dollars within the next few days (gift from Grandpa) and I have no idea what I should with it.

I've had a few ideas
1) Save up for a Wii, then go Wii hunting
2) Get the PS2 edition of Rock Band
3) Blow it all on dealextreme and get nothing of real value
4) get an EGDE card and a 8GB MicroSDHC card
5) Get a good iPod
6) Buy a Powerful Green Laser Pointer from DX
7) Buy Random Cool Things From EveryWhere
8) Buy a Crap load of Manga from Barnes & Nobles
anyone have suggestions?
When it comes to money I don't know what to do and usually end up blowing must of it on junk >:D
[edit: I fail at typing even when I'm paying attention]
1. That could work. That's how I got mine XD
2. As mentioned earlier, it's gimped.
3. I think the best way to use DX would be to buy broken DS's and PSPs, the repair parts, and resell them(after fixing them of course, duh).
4. 8GB is a bit much. I don't even use up all of my 2GB.
5. Well, if you love music/videos on the go that much.
6. Uh, make sure you get an IR filter. Radiation is pretty nasty.
7. So you're an impulse buyer now?
8. Manga, in my opinion is a waste of money. You would be better off just reading them in the actual store (since Barnes & Nobles, Borders etc will let you anyway) or finding scanlations online. THEN if you feel the series is good, then support it by purchasing the manga series and/or the DVDs.
QUOTE(Urza @ Apr 8 2008, 07:08 PM) Give it to me, and I'll send you a Wii.

Wiimote will be extra though
wink.gif

I'm serious.
:|

Sephi

fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I want an 8GB MicroSDHC card is because I have loads of converted anime, and since I have an obsession to raise the specs really high, 26 episodes will take up 1.2Gigs, and right now 6GB isn't enough for my games, homebrew, music and video. with an added 8gigs I can store more than I will ever watch plus add music.

I'm thinking now, either I should get a good media player like an archos or an iPod. or save up for a good console.

$200 is odd amount of money for me to make a decision with D: too many things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.