Hacking ABOUT TO Use cfw just to change my profile picture with devmenu, will I get banned?

MADokax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay so I can change my profile pciture on the switch (delete all homebrew stuff while using airplane mode and then I go online) and I’ll be safe for now?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let's see. You can't normally change your profile icon on the Switch to anything that isn't pre-installed onto the icon without hacking it. On top of that, the only way to change the profile icon with a hack is with DevMenu (a leaked but copyrighted Nintendo application). Add to the fact that Nintendo doesn't even need to go through your console data to physically see evidence of a console hack and you tell me if they think won't ban you :)

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: MADokax

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This person clearly doesn't understand that any type of modifiying/hacking has been proven to be tracable (Again see Banhub).

Even if you do it offline, traces remain on your system that devmenu (especially) has been used. Much like your played games are tracked without you doing anything, Nintendo can track devmenu being used.

Once you connect to the internet after using devmenu Nintendo can see this and will ban. Some of have sneaked by the ban, others haven't.

"But why would search me or my system?" They don't. It's automated with their servers to check for traces of modifications; ie: devmenu use or profile picture modification.

But if you want to disregard the advice. Do it. Let us know what happens in 48 hours in the BanHub.

--Grabs popcorn -

Last edited by kingsora831,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has personally reported any bans of that matter to my knowledge and I do ask people if they use DevMenu. Technically, I can say that no one has been banned for using DevMenu. But I don't know why you would even think about taking that risk if you care that much about online without a second console in the wings. That disclaimer in my thread isn't there for show.

MADokax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
what if I change my profile pic on another hacked Switch? andI use that profile on my non-hacked switch?

Who will get the ban?

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m scared...
lol don't be scared. if you do have a legitimate account with legitimate purchases, then I could see losing access to future eshop titles and current titles in the future you paid for might suck. If you haven't invested that much into eshop titles I'd say you would have a lot more fun with your switch.. games homebrews etc etc.. than you ever did ban or no ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if I change my profile pic on another hacked Switch? andI use that profile on my non-hacked switch?

Who will get the ban?
Depends on which consoles go online. Its possible for Nintendo to just ban both if they have sufficient evidence which they should if the console has been tampered with.

Actually, if you do something like that, they might not be able to trace the new profile to the console that it was originally changed on so they might decide to ban the account associated with that user too along with the console that is currently using the user profile.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Who will get the ban?

Your best option here, if you do have the convenience of two Switches, is keeping one completely clean and the other have a blast on and have no regrets!

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a many cool things you can do with a hacked Switch that could be considered worth the risk of a ban.. changing profile picture is not one of them.

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So considering you have something to do lose and and no one has "reported" being banned from profile pic changes. Is it really worth chancing it? if you don't get banned then great! if you do who's shit out of luck you or them? Just saying I wouldn't trust it personally on a switch that has something to lose. Just my 2 cents .

wISHxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know its not worthy risking like this u.u I’ll cry if I get banned, really

Then don't do it, holy moles, all you write about is the fear of being banned, yet you want us to tell you that it's safe to do.
It's not, you will get reported and/or automatically banned by Nintendo eventually. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week, maybe in a month.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're really afraid of bans, either don't hack at all or just buy another Switch and go balls to wall with it. It is a lot of money, so my best recommendation is to buy a cheap Switch tablet on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-S...e-Only-FRAME-DAMAGED-SEE-PHOTOS-/122733205765

Just the console itself. Since you already have the joycons and whatnot, all you need is another tablet. This listing has dents in it, yes, but it is a working Switch. Treat it as your "dirty" Switch and do what you want cause a pirate is free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь