• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

About today’s Florida shooting

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would agree with this also mass murder could have a mental health angle too it. I dont know much of the facts about this case but most of the time, the kids are from a shitty background,get bullied at school and sometimes even by teachers, I'm not saying its right to go shooting shit up, but every body has a breaking point.
True, there is a mental health concern with mass murder that should be looked at, but gun control is ok here. They want to hurt and kill people, we should do what we can to make that not happen.

In the case of suicide however, it's purely mental health. A suicidal person will use anything to kill themself, guns or not. They have no intention of hurting anyone else. Gun control doesn't do anything here.

Reactions: DarthDub and Hi-Dro

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I think gun control is okay also, Maybe the police are a little trigger happy over there, but apart from that, Guns are ultimately to protect you from an oppressive ruling government, which in my opinion is a good thing,the more scared the government our of their people the better.
Also you can hear a crazed gunman after the first shot has been fired, But a crazy person with a knife can injure 15/20 people before any body knows whats causing the panic and screams.
Some people might even be drawn to the screams, thinking they can help, only to find themselves actually walking into danger.

The problem isn't guns, unfortunately people use these kind of things as a platform to spearhead their agenda and in some cases may even be a false flag to create a division on the issue

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Suicide is purely a mental health issue. Not a gun control issue.
This is the exact same thing that's said about murders with guns. What does it matter if we're not going to fix mental health or gun control issues? It's all the same perfect storm of institutional failures continuing to cause the problems.

Last edited by Xzi,

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the exact same thing that's said about murders with guns. What does it matter if we're not going to fix mental health or gun control issues? It's all the same perfect storm of institutional failures continuing to cause the problems.
what is there to fix about Gun control ? You dont really make any decent argument !! you are just saying stuff that has no ground in an argument.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if everyone is diabetic do you ban Ice cream for everyone ? or do you educate people on how to live a healthy lifestyle?

Last edited by Hi-Dro,
Reactions: the_leg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what is there to fix about Gun control ? You dont really make any decent argument !! you are just saying stuff that has no ground in an argument.
What isn't there to fix about gun control would be a better question. Background check loopholes, bump stock legality, regulation to make sure the mentally ill can no longer get guns. Just to name a few problems with the current system. Then you've got predatory groups like the NRA which push for gun sales hardest after every mass shooting. Checks need to be put in place.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
What isn't there to fix about gun control would be a better question. Background check loopholes, bump stock legality, regulation to make sure the mentally ill can no longer get guns. Just to name a few problems with the current system. Then you've got predatory groups like the NRA which push for gun sales hardest after every mass shooting. Checks need to be put in place.

Maybe if you used guns as they were intended by your forefathers, you wouldn't have such a massive gap in equality, Class, colour, creed & religion and wealth, the very things the founders of America were trying to avoid.
But someone swooped in killed the good guys and divided a nation. Just as 'They've' done before.
Your founders were trying to protect you from all of that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you used guns as they were intended by your forefathers, you wouldn't have such a massive gap in equality, Class, colour, creed & religion and wealth, the very things the founders of America were trying to avoid.
But someone swooped in killed the good guys and divided a nation. Just as 'They've' done before.
Your founders were trying to protect you from all of that.
The opportunity to use our weak-ass guns to overthrow the government has long since passed. It's not a useful idea to pitch any more, it's just a redneck wetdream whenever a Democrat is president, and all it does is feed into the gun (obsession) culture more.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
The opportunity to use our weak-ass guns to overthrow the government has long since passed. It's not a useful idea to pitch any more, it's just a redneck wetdream whenever a Democrat is president, and all it does is feed into the gun (obsession) culture more.
Your statements just get weaker and dumber,
The people will rise again and i'm sure you wont have long to wait. But you keep worrying and being distracted by trivial subjects see what good comes of it.

Reactions: the_leg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Your statements just get weaker and dumber,
The people will rise again and i'm sure you wont have long to wait. But you keep worrying and being distracted by trivial subjects see what good comes of it.
You're delusional, there's no trigger point for the people. Americans are mostly fat and complacent. Trump's been the biggest disruption to our way of life in a long time, but we're still willing to let the gears of justice turn.

Besides, when you say "the people will rise again" in this context, all you mean is, "there will be more gun deaths." Not helping your own case. This level of paranoia leads to police shootings.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
You're delusional, there's no trigger point for the people. Americans are mostly fat and complacent. Trump's been the biggest disruption to our way of life in a long time, but we're still willing to let the gears of justice turn.

Besides, when you say "the people will rise again" in this context, all you mean is, "there will be more gun deaths." Not helping your own case. This level of paranoia leads to police shootings.
wow way to go stereo typing your own people, you clearly have a big loving heart and really Care about the situation at hand.
You display yourself here as if you have some kind of agenda, yet you pretend you care. I think you should follow your own arguments a little better.
oh wait you didnt present any argument yet!!

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
wow way to go stereo typing your own people
It's not a stereotype, we've all been to Wal-Mart.

You display yourself here as if you have some kind of agenda, yet you pretend you care. I think you should follow your own arguments a little better.
I have opinions, just like you. Except yours seem to be more extremist. And that doesn't prevent me from caring about American lives lost, nor does the obesity epidemic.

Last edited by Xzi,

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I think the biggest problem here is comparing the USA with single countries. The USA is a combination of 50 states. It would make much more sense to compare it to the whole Europe rather than just one country.

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the biggest problem here is comparing the USA with single countries. The USA is a combination of 50 states. It would make much more sense to compare it to the whole Europe rather than just one country.
Lol, that'd be a good way to artificially decrease our gun death numbers, but it'd probably just be easier to put together ~5 countries with zero gun deaths per year and compare them to America if you're wanting to go by landmass.

Some headlines from today:

"Hundreds protest outside NRA headquarters following Florida school shooting"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-protest-nra-headquarters-florida-school-shooting/story?id=53160714

"‘When will they love their kids more than their guns,’ an Australian priest asks Americans"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eir-guns-an-australian-priest-asks-americans/

"After Florida, I see the NRA as nothing less than a terrorist organization"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...da-school-shooting-nra?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

King County GOP Chair Gets E-mail about Gun Control, Responds "Do Not Ever Contact Me Again"

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/20...control-responds-do-not-ever-contact-me-again

174njjnx5rg01.jpg

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Plattym3!

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, that'd be a good way to artificially decrease our gun death numbers, but it'd probably just be easier to put together ~5 countries with zero gun deaths per year and compare them to America if you're wanting to go by landmass.

Some headlines from today:

"Hundreds protest outside NRA headquarters following Florida school shooting"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hundreds-protest-nra-headquarters-florida-school-shooting/story?id=53160714

"‘When will they love their kids more than their guns,’ an Australian priest asks Americans"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eir-guns-an-australian-priest-asks-americans/

"After Florida, I see the NRA as nothing less than a terrorist organization"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...da-school-shooting-nra?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

King County GOP Chair Gets E-mail about Gun Control, Responds "Do Not Ever Contact Me Again"

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/20...control-responds-do-not-ever-contact-me-again

174njjnx5rg01.jpg

What a great way to push your agenda through the medium of mainstream media, are you to stupid to present your own argument ?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What a great way to push your agenda through the medium of mainstream media, are you to stupid to present your own argument ?
I'm pretty sure neither of us are journalists, so "go write your own article/cover events yourself" is a stupid thing to say.

Besides, I used all different sources. I'm pretty sure you'd whine about anything I post that you disagree with, so obviously I can't please everybody.

I didn't even post the most political one, but you've inspired me:

"Trump Slammed for Lack of Empathy After Thumbs up Pictures With Florida Shooting First Responders"

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-slamm...thumbs-pictures-florida-shooting-first-810167

Last edited by Xzi,

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure neither of us are journalists, so "go write your own article/cover events yourself" is a stupid thing to say.
lol is that what I said ?
is this how you debate in real life ?
you really are just stupid, and very comical. Albeit its not your intention.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it is you dipshit. You suggested I'm not allowed to cite articles, only "form my own argument." Maybe if your grammar and formatting didn't blow you could get your points across more succinctly.
Now I understand why you want guns to be banned, It's because you don't like them being pointed at you.
You are funny chap.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now I understand why you want guns to be banned, It's because you don't like them being pointed at you.
You are funny chap.
If I had had a gun pointed at me, I probably would want them banned. Since you're a moron with the attention span of a goldfish, you probably don't realize that I own guns myself, as I've posted in this thread previously. Apparently you're just another brainwashed NRA shitkicker who doesn't understand subtlety and thinks that any form of gun control is the same as "banning guns."

giphy.gif

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think gun control is okay also, Maybe the police are a little trigger happy over there, but apart from that, Guns are ultimately to protect you from an oppressive ruling government, which in my opinion is a good thing,the more scared the government our of their people the better.
In what universe would someone owning a rifle do literally anything against the national armory?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder what news sources YOU digest from day to do /s

Reactions: Xzi

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm only saying this once:

I'm all for responsible firearm ownership, BUT, with several caveats. The owner has to go through a strict background check, needs to be assessed for mental well being, cannot possess semi or fully-automatic firearms. Moreover, they must be trained for safety and being able to use it properly. Firearms are only as lethal as their users, people who are current mentally unstable should all have their firearms and ammunition immediately seized and penalized. I don't think all should be banned, but extremely strict regulations need to be implemented. Will it happen? I don't see that because neither side can't seem to agree on something without the other throwing a whiny bitching contest. So yeah, throw that out the window.

I said my two cents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM