Gaming Access the New 3ds SD without opening back!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I gotchu Fam

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/50pc...49&btsid=f9d20f84-4583-40d1-afa6-c0e1709aa182

6f5e8e9c7aa62cf318411b1210d075b4.png
Ummm, what the point of this?
you solder inside the n3ds to transfer files from an to the 3ds faster without opening or turning off the 3ds?

Or just simple msd adapter?

Last edited by aos10,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ummm, what the point of this?
you solder inside the n3ds to transfer files from an to the 3ds faster without opening or turning off the 3ds?

Or just simple msd adapter?

i believe you replace the 3ds' own micro sd reader with this, place your sd inside and then you have this ribbon cable at the outside of your 3ds, which, when plugged into a sd reader, you can access the sd card inside the 3ds without having to take it out.

i believe it should still be turned off during that time, just to be safe. and unless you also make some kind of closable hatch into the backplate, i feel like this ribbon cable could be in the way or get damaged pretty quickly too? still, for devs its probably a nice thing to have

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i believe you replace the 3ds' own micro sd reader with this, place your sd inside and then you have this ribbon cable at the outside of your 3ds, which, when plugged into a sd reader, you can access the sd card inside the 3ds without having to take it out.

i believe it should still be turned off during that time, just to be safe. and unless you also make some kind of closable hatch into the backplate, i feel like this ribbon cable could be in the way or get damaged pretty quickly too? still, for devs its probably a nice thing to have

No - it's an extender for the sd port.

Reactions: Gingerbread Crumb

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open System Settings > go to Data Management > click microSD Management > (if you have this step done, skip this step>) setup the settings. set name to be 3DS to make it easy > when done it will connect to your WiFi network > on computer, go to your files > network > 3DS > SD card

now your in your systems SD card!

I noticed the speed isn't the same for me doing network transfers though. Maybe it is just me.

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If any one wants the .CIA version just pm me. I'll link it over. It's getting kinda hard to find now.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, regarding the internet speed of the 3DS, just, please..stop. Transferring through FTP or SMB will not get you above 300 KB/s period. That's just the way it is. We all know the 3DS' network capabilities are shit in terms of speed, and a max of 3 connections (WHY?!?!?!?) - if it's up to the speed of my net, let alone router, where are my 10 MB/s? Transferring directly to my SD card through my laptop reader gets me steady 70 MB/s.At least FTP on the Vita can reach 1.5 MB/s.

Reactions: NinjaD

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, regarding the internet speed of the 3DS, just, please..stop. Transferring through FTP or SMB will not get you above 300 KB/s period. That's just the way it is. We all know the 3DS' network capabilities are shit in terms of speed, and a max of 3 connections (WHY?!?!?!?) - if it's up to the speed of my net, let alone router, where are my 10 MB/s? Transferring directly to my SD card through my laptop reader gets me steady 70 MB/s.At least FTP on the Vita can reach 1.5 MB/s.
Have you tried v1.2 of FTP-3DS? My O3DS maxes at about 1 MB/s using v1.2 and my N3DS gets randomly between 1.5 MB/s to nearly 2 MB/s.

It seems like the github page for FTP-3DS is gone, but I have the CIAs of v1.2. (v1.1 was as slow as you describe in your post, not more than 300 KB/s)

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried v1.2 of FTP-3DS? My O3DS maxes at about 1 MB/s using v1.2 and my N3DS gets randomly between 1.5 MB/s to nearly 2 MB/s.

It seems like the github page for FTP-3DS is gone, but I have the CIAs of v1.2. (v1.1 was as slow as you describe in your post, not more than 300 KB/s)
This would've been nice to know before I destroyed the backplate of my N3ds for easier sd access.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

Feel free to send me the CIA and I'd be happy to try. I find it hard to believe that it would go higher when both the built in mSD app AND normal FTP homebrew can't go higher than 300 though.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the mSD transfer does not uses your internet. It is considered WLAN, so no internet connecting is being used or needed. Speed could be limited by your router, however it is likely not the router by itself as most router at least support a/b/g/n and the 3DS WiFi module support b/g modes and the 802.11g mode has the maximum theoretical speed is 6.75 MBps unless double-wide channel is being used. While I can see why some people take out their mSD because of less waiting time to write to the SD and faster throughput speed. In this case a USB 2.0 reader could read up to 45MBps as that is the Max transfer speed USB 2.0 can support based on the data overhead transfer protocol, and not the usual 60MBps. However what brand your USB 2.0 reader also comes into play, I have notice that cheaper versions do not make full use of the USB2.0 speed. Keep in mind the write speed on the mSD is also the factor as well, also. Although Class 10 mSD should be able to keep up with 6.75MBps per seconds, sometimes it fails to. USB 3.0 is even faster, and some USB3.0 reader/writer seems faster when using a high speed write mSD card.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

Wow. It works! Thank you :D
muA55XN.png

Now it's even weirder why the hell the mSD app only gets 300 KB/s.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah its fast and lets me not go into system settings to reboots.

MSD management still gets over 2mb for me though :P

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah its fast and lets me not go into system settings to reboots.

MSD management still gets over 2mb for me though :P
I must have severely misjudged mSD management then, cause I'm on a 100 Mbit (even though it's local) line on a fucking RT-AC68U...

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I must have severely misjudged mSD management then, cause I'm on a 100 Mbit (even though it's local) line on a fucking RT-AC68U...

Im using 5ghz on a Netgear DGND3700 basically one of the only dual-band routers at time like 3 year ago

3DS is connected to the 2.4ghz obviously

Though i noticed the speeds i get are noticeably faster the close i get my 3DS to the router and my laptop obviously (its using a killer wireless card).

I have peaked at 2.8MBS in the floor directly above my router ( and directly positioned vertically from where it is donstairs)

Reactions: Shadowfied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3